PDA

View Full Version : Bri-Mar dump trailer- good price?

mkwl
03-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Hi guys-

I'm looking to buy a dump trailer- I have one I think is a pretty decent pice about 1.5 hrs from me. It's at a dealership- it's an '08 Bri-Mar (new) 6 x 10' 10,000GVWR dump trailer (the Rascal Low Profile one). He's selling it to me for $4,160 with a spare included + 7% NJ sales tax (:cry:) $291.20 = $4,451.20 out the door. Is this a good price for this trailer? I had been looking around online, and as far as I can tell this is a pretty decent deal. Any input? Planning to go pick it up tomorrow- want input first though!

Also- does anyone know about how much a yard of mulch/topsoil weighs?

Thanks,
Matt

Dstosh
03-10-2009, 09:31 PM
I didn't think the rascal trailers were 10,000 gvw. Are you sure it isn't a 7k?

I bought a lightly used 6.5'x12' 12k for about the same price in the spring of '07.

Sounds like you are going to get it anyway. As long as you are happy......who cares?

Petr51488
03-10-2009, 09:40 PM
I didn't think the rascal trailers were 10,000 gvw. Are you sure it isn't a 7k?

I bought a lightly used 6.5'x12' 12k for about the same price in the spring of '07.

Sounds like you are going to get it anyway. As long as you are happy......who cares?

They do have 10k ratings but the rascal is the cheaper model of the low profile one i have. They look very cheap. Take a look at 2 of them side by side and check them out. Theres a dealer on 17 up towards ramsey that has bri-mar dumps in front of their store. Check them out. You don't really want to go cheap on a dump, especially with all that weight.

mkwl
03-10-2009, 10:31 PM
They do have 10k ratings but the rascal is the cheaper model of the low profile one i have. They look very cheap. Take a look at 2 of them side by side and check them out. Theres a dealer on 17 up towards ramsey that has bri-mar dumps in front of their store. Check them out. You don't really want to go cheap on a dump, especially with all that weight.

Yes, I'm looking at the 10K rating one. Since its a 10K rating, and the same size lift cylinder (4") between the Rascal and the LP design, I can't really see putting over another $800+ into a trailer that will essentially carry the same weight and perform the same hydraulically. This trailer isn't really going to be used on a daily basis- probably 1x per week if that often. With an 8K LBS weight capacity- the Rascal seems like a pretty decent deal to me. They use the same axle, hydraulic unit and frame as the regular LP, the only difference seems to be the box- I'm not going to beat on this trailer.

Any further opinions?

Dstosh
03-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Go for it! You know what you need more than anyone on this site. Good luck with your new trailer.