PDA

View Full Version : Walker walk behind with 52" deck

syzer
03-10-2009, 11:20 PM
I have never seen one like this anywhere, so I figure I would post it for those interested.

http://www.precision-aquatics.com/gallery/albums/album04/photo.jpg

wayside
03-10-2009, 11:22 PM
Hey syzer i seen these before but never used one they look like they give a nice cut and run strong. I see since you picked up your other walker you must really like them now.

Collegepro
03-11-2009, 12:45 AM
I have seen one guy around my parts who uses one of those and I have always wanted one and had one priced one time..they are pretty expensive..but soo nice

Jason Rose
03-11-2009, 01:13 AM
I have never seen one with the 52" deck... Never even thought of that. Wonder how much just the power unit costs with no deck? I have a nice 52" SD deck in the shed... Those Walk behinds only have 16 or 18 hp. though. May struggle with the big 52" with the double blades, and the mulch kit? Something to chew on though...

Ooooo, just checked. Only 15hp. No way. Would be way underpowered for that deck. Walker says it will handle up to the 56" though. I say they need another power option on the walkbehind, like 23hp, and let people run up to the 74" on it.

syzer
03-11-2009, 09:44 AM
Hey syzer i seen these before but never used one they look like they give a nice cut and run strong. I see since you picked up your other walker you must really like them now.

Havent used them yet =), well the guys use the rider with the bed shaper on it. I am taking a leap of faith.

I have seen one guy around my parts who uses one of those and I have always wanted one and had one priced one time..they are pretty expensive..but soo nice

Yes they are, I was unsure if I would like it or not so I bought one used.

I have never seen one with the 52" deck... Never even thought of that. Wonder how much just the power unit costs with no deck? I have a nice 52" SD deck in the shed... Those Walk behinds only have 16 or 18 hp. though. May struggle with the big 52" with the double blades, and the mulch kit? Something to chew on though...

Ooooo, just checked. Only 15hp. No way. Would be way underpowered for that deck. Walker says it will handle up to the 56" though. I say they need another power option on the walkbehind, like 23hp, and let people run up to the 74" on it.

Yeah, they have small engines. I dont think it will do great in wet spring growth, but we'll see. I have a 42" mulching deck I plan on running on this unit, but the darn plastic wheels in the back are hitting the wheel motors, so I have no idea whats going on. If I take the black wheels off I think it would be fine, but I really dont want to do that. I thought all the decks were swapable.

They really do need to come out with a high hp version, I was thinking of trying to swap a higher hp motor on there.

riverwalklandscaping
03-11-2009, 10:55 AM
no anti scalp rollers + walker pricing + 15hp w/52inchdeck = no thank you

IntegrityGuy
03-11-2009, 03:19 PM
U-g-l-y!!!!

DillonsLawnCare
03-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Why are walker's so expensive anyway>?????

Kennedy Landscaping
03-11-2009, 07:19 PM
I looked at one a while back, look like strong mowers.