PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed Trailers

Lucky Star Lawn Care
03-11-2009, 01:36 AM
Ok guys we were getting into enclosed trailers on someone elses thread so I started this one. Where is the best place to go for the best prices? Vnose vs. Regular front? And anything else you want to add. Looking for what you guys have to say. Im in the market for 18-20 footer

JKOOPERS
03-11-2009, 01:41 AM
imo enclosed trailers are a waste. yeah they look nice and keep your equipment from getting stolen but what else are they good for besides transporting your equipment?

ambersLawnmowing
03-11-2009, 02:26 AM
Enclosed is nice. But an 18-20 footer's are/can be a bigger pain then they are worth IMO because of the turning of them and get them into resi areas and sometimes they take up the road, ect. Some more key features of them are, rain isnt getting on my mowers, My garage isnt big enough for the open trailer/ So i dont have to unload every night, I dont have to worry about stuff flying off of it, and they are a great bilboard for your business name. Plus is also an added value for resale. I have one of each, 12 foot open and 14 foot enclosed. Open is for leaves, clean-ups, ect. open hauls equipment. They are nice. What i would do is go and get a mag they have at all gas stations called like equipment trader or somethign like that, Shop around in there for awhile plus call local shops not listed. Dont always look at the cheapo ones also, dif frames, axels, brakes, interior setups all that is important. Know what your buying and price around before the contract is signed. Best of luck to you

DoetschOutdoor
03-11-2009, 02:59 PM
You say that you are getting into enclosed trailers so maybe you already have an open trailer(s)? I love the enclosed trailer for the mowers and some other jobs. Nothing beats never having to unload and having everything you need inside that trailer. I cant really preach on them being a rolling billboard since Ive yet to get mine lettered but thats another benefit. Im in the market for an open 16-18ft trailer for jobs the enclosed cant be used on and that will be the best of both worlds, having the enclosed and open.

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping
03-11-2009, 05:16 PM
imo enclosed trailers are a waste. yeah they look nice and keep your equipment from getting stolen but what else are they good for besides transporting your equipment?

Where to start!...Advertising, name recognition, security, hundreds of hours saved loading & unloading, never forgetting anything when you take the "garage" with you, a place to P!:laugh:, Equipment only minimally in the rain, time saved by always having small repair parts and not having to go get them when they break, winter storage, I bet others can add more...well worth the cost!

skennedy04
03-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Well worth the investment,its a huge time saver as stated before....machines out of the weather etc,etc,etc

Lucky Star Lawn Care
03-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Definately know all the benefits of one thats why I want one. What do you guys prefer the Vnose or the regular fronts? It seems that Georgia is the best place to buy from??

silvercitylandscapes
03-12-2009, 11:37 AM
Where to start!...Advertising, name recognition, security, hundreds of hours saved loading & unloading, never forgetting anything when you take the "garage" with you, a place to P!:laugh:, Equipment only minimally in the rain, time saved by always having small repair parts and not having to go get them when they break, winter storage, I bet others can add more...well worth the cost!

I agree 100%........

1wezil
03-12-2009, 12:14 PM
YA I am looking for one also went to borrow one last night to do some fit test to see how big I need. I hooked up to it and looked at and said to the guy you sure this is 24ft he said yup that's what I paid for . well we got the tape and oh oh it is only 20ft . He said what the f--k I paid for a 24ft he was not happy:laugh:. Well any way the trailer is 81/2 x 20 and I put 3 z-turns and 1 walk behind and we are full so now I know I will need at least a 24 or a 28ft and a bigger truck now . :cool2::cool2:

bluesprucelawncare
03-12-2009, 04:24 PM
if you got v nose... you dont have to unload every thing just for the one little walk behind lawn in the middle of a bunch of larger z lawns.... i mean use the front side gate... plus ur not wasting space its used.... it does cut the wind better granted most of us dont do to much highway but it does help at 50 mph and if u use it for toys. usally if its built right u dont need extened hitch on the trailer to hook to a dump truck and turn sharp.... its not a ton more and its worth it just for the gate i think hope you get one. i know its in my plan this year

Lucky Star Lawn Care
03-12-2009, 10:17 PM
So the Vnose has a front gate?? Didnt know that...that sure would be handy

bluesprucelawncare
03-13-2009, 01:05 AM
not all of them do but... most due its better than a flat front because the door or ramp is usally two or three foot back the v nose its the front corner so its the best

DoetschOutdoor
03-13-2009, 02:12 AM
Most Vnose trailers do not have a wide enough opening to get anything more than a 21" mower through...you can add the option on some of the larger vnose trailers for a full side fold up ramp door but you do not see those very often.

AA+ landscaping
03-14-2009, 01:49 AM
If your going to tow with a dump truck, you will need to get an extended tongue on your enclosed trailer.

02DURAMAX
03-14-2009, 05:42 AM
Enclosed is nice. But an 18-20 footer's are/can be a bigger pain then they are worth IMO because of the turning of them and get them into resi areas and sometimes they take up the road, ect. Some more key features of them are, rain isnt getting on my mowers, My garage isnt big enough for the open trailer/ So i dont have to unload every night, I dont have to worry about stuff flying off of it, and they are a great bilboard for your business name. Plus is also an added value for resale. I have one of each, 12 foot open and 14 foot enclosed. Open is for leaves, clean-ups, ect. open hauls equipment. They are nice. What i would do is go and get a mag they have at all gas stations called like equipment trader or somethign like that, Shop around in there for awhile plus call local shops not listed. Dont always look at the cheapo ones also, dif frames, axels, brakes, interior setups all that is important. Know what your buying and price around before the contract is signed. Best of luck to you

It is not hard to drive with a 20'+ Trailer!

Best Purchase I maid in 08' I love my enclosed trailer!!

DLAWNS
03-14-2009, 11:15 AM

They are definitely not a waste. I love my enclosed trailer.

All great points!

Lucky Star--I have a 7x16 v nose enclosed trailer. I bought it down in Baxley, GA. The name of the place is Down 2 Earth Trailers. I love the v nose as there is extra storage in the front. Mine only has a small access door on the side. I haven't seen many with a bigger door than that. The only problem with the v nose is that I can't hook up my truckloader to the back of my truck or the front of the trailer as it would get crushed. I had to buy an open trailer for when I use the truckloader. Hope this helps a bit.