PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever seen a white open trailer??

ChristianJ318
03-11-2009, 02:24 AM
I hadn't even considered matching the color of your trailer to your vehicle till a few days ago when I saw a guy who had a glossy red powdercoated trailer behind his red truck. It really stood out and looked great and professional imo. It would be great if my Tahoe had some color but its white.. I cant find a pic of a white open trailer anywhere. I'm planning on getting a 77" or 83" x 14' tandem axle with 2' expanded metal sides. I was telling my brother that I was thinking of a white trailer and he said that he saw one that looked really stupid.
Anyhoo, anyone else seen one and have an opinion? If you know of a pic please post the link.

br549oicu8
03-11-2009, 10:49 AM
We have a white open trailer in our fleet. It looked real good when new but after usage it looks pretty tacky. The manufacturer didn't want to paint it white but I insisted. I now understand why he didn't. We just painted another of our trailers Kubota orange. It really looks sharp! If it stands up well, we will do the white one next winter.
Stay with a darker color and the rust (yes you will get it) doesn't show up as much.

Buddy

riverwalklandscaping
03-11-2009, 11:37 AM
white + rust = ewww

IntegrityGuy
03-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Ya, Its the one that was bought two years ago and now its orange... :laugh:

DOnt buy one, they look really crappy when rusted.

Kennedy Landscaping
03-11-2009, 12:19 PM
I don't think I would want a white trailer. Too easy to show the dirt. I prefer the black trailer like mine or the Kubota Orange.

Jason Rose
03-11-2009, 02:13 PM
I painted my 20' lawn trailer WHITE last winter. Turned out good, but I used "fancy and expensive" automotive paint and the rust is bleeding through, and yes I used a self-etching primer under it. I should have just used tractor and implement paint from TSC like I always have... Yes, the white gets dirty, and shows it, but so does most colors other than brown. From any sort of distance you can't see the little bit of rust or splotches from spilling 2 cycle mix on it, lol.

When I painted the trailer white (it was gray before) the truck I was pulling it was was, *cough*, purple and black (dark purple dodge color). I guess it was fate that I was to buy the WHITE truck I found later in the fall to pull my white trailer with.

Truck and trailer matching? Heck yes! I think it looks really cool. When I had my 3/4 ton Ford it was silver/gray so I painted the trailer gray to match. Nice to have anything different than the usual blah black trailers. I like my sideboards on the truck to match too. On the Ford they were also gray and now on the Chevy I painted them white. Of course if you have a red vehicle, or purple, black goes best with these colors.

ChristianJ318
03-11-2009, 02:48 PM
The place im likely to buy from does a 5 stage powdercoat, www.performancetrailer.com. and from what I understand powdercoating holds up much better than the standard primed and painted trailers. I dont know thats just what I was told.. I dont think I'll have to worry about rust as much because when the trailer is not in route to a job it will be parked in my garage, therefore it shouldnt ever be in the weather unless it starts raining while Im out. I wish I had 4k to spend on a trailer, I can buy a new 14' enclosed in white and be done without having to sacrifice my garage!

theminigardener7
03-11-2009, 11:27 PM
after all of these comments, if you still want a white enclosed trailer, look at the pace americans. I believe most come white anyways. My friend has one of them and from what I can tel, there is no rust or other crap, but i dont know how many times he has cleaned/ painted it

02DURAMAX
03-12-2009, 01:52 AM
white + rust = ewww

This is correct!

I have one before and look nasty when they rust!!

So I painted it black!

4.3mudder
03-12-2009, 01:58 AM
My truck is dark green, and will be painted rustoleum hunter green in a couple of weeks. It's nice if they match, but white just would not look right. It will probably start looking like a Stihl brand trailer, white and orange, white paint and orange rust, lol

poolboy
03-12-2009, 08:24 AM
C.A.R.C. paint, problem solved.

Jason Rose
03-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Sometime soon I'll get some pics of my white trailer... I think it looks really clean.

I can't figure out why everyone is freaking about the RUST making it look bad. If you are worried about painting a trailer, most likely you will be painting it every 2 years to keep it looking good anyway. I do. Worst part about painting mine now is all the DOT tape I added last time. I'd have to scrape it all off and replace it, and that chit is expensive!

Hey, here's a couple from last spring:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d74/26jason79/Trucks and mowers/2008lawnrig009.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d74/26jason79/Trucks and mowers/2008lawnrig008.jpg

MileHigh
03-12-2009, 12:02 PM
I think that white looks great...

You obviously keep it looking that way though.

Nice Trailer.

Travis E
03-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Worst part about painting mine now is all the DOT tape I added last time. I'd have to scrape it all off and replace it, and that chit is expensive!

3m painter tape works great, just repaited mine and if they are not pealing then I would just tape over them.

ChristianJ318
03-12-2009, 04:28 PM
That trailer looks great imo!! I understand what everyone is saying about rust but again, my trailer should not be in the weather. Im not gonna spend over 10k on equipment and trailer and then leave it all outside in weather or for someone to steal or tamper with. It will be parked in my garage unless I end up going with an enclosed trailer which Im really liking the idea of just not the cost..
Thank you all for your input, its greatly appreciated.