PDA

View Full Version : What houses do you like to market to?

Cutting Edge LC
03-11-2009, 07:43 PM
So after finding out how expensive door hangers are, I really want to make them count. My city has the small house and then there are the big, new houses. What do you go for? Go rich, poor, or somewhere in between?

kubotab7200
03-11-2009, 07:51 PM
all kinds it doesnt matter to me if the yard is a foot tall and the city is on thier as s, thats where i get alot of business

supercuts
03-11-2009, 08:07 PM
i make more per hour on my small crappy $35 lawns. im in and out in less than 10 mins with 2 guys

Coastal Lawn Maintenance
03-11-2009, 08:30 PM
the people who live in the big house pay to much on mortgages and cant afford to get there grass cut. im not saying all of them just some of them. like said before i make money on small yards cause your in out and on to the next yard, and you can fit more into the day then big lawns that take a while. now i still do big lawns just not as many. there my 2 cents

Carolina Cuts
03-11-2009, 08:35 PM
bro, if it has a lawn, it gets a hanger. Period.

To me it sounds like you're just starting out... which means you need all the work you can get... so don't skimp on flyer's/hangers... advertise, advertise, advertise.

If you find yourself going into the season with hardly any jobs because you skimped on advertising, then you have no one to blame but yourself...

Talk to mom, pop, friends, relatives.... scrap up some cash, get the hangers you need and hang em'.....

Most claim, word of mouth is the best way to get work, but this is only true if you have some sort of base customer list first. The phone won't ring if no one knows your #....

so get out there and advertise the Cutting Edge LC as much as you can..... big lots, small lots, rich, poor..... who cares....

IntegrityGuy
03-11-2009, 08:43 PM
the people who live in the big house pay to much on mortgages and cant afford to get there grass cut. im not saying all of them just some of them. like said before i make money on small yards cause your in out and on to the next yard, and you can fit more into the day then big lawns that take a while. now i still do big lawns just not as many. there my 2 cents

I actually enjoy cutting grass so i like the bigger more expensive yards so that i can take my time and make them look really good. And i would have to dissagree with the mortgages thing, Only the 500,000$ neighborhoods have that problem, not 1,000,000$ plus hoods.