PDA

View Full Version : Dear old Dad needs a new lawn....but

shufflebeast
03-14-2002, 10:20 PM
his house is going on the market soon. Grubs pretty much wiped out 2/3 of it. I am of course doing this for cost of material only but I'm not sure what to do. He doesn't expect it to take that long for the house to sell, but who ever knows. He of course doesn't want to dump a ton of money into the lawn because he's selling the house. It just needs to look decent. He seems to have gotten the grub problem under control, for the most part, and the remaining 1/3 of the lawn consists of some grass and moss. I went over today to do the spring clean-up, and pretty much sucked up 2/3 of his dead lawn with my Grasshopper. Do I drag, grade (moles), and overseed? Do I drag, grade, seed & hay? Do I till, grade, seed, and hay? Do I bring in loam and seed & hay. Do I bring in loam and hydroseed....( I don't have a hydroseeder), or do I prep what's there and have it hydroseeded? I'm trying to keep this cheap but effective because it's for dear old Dad. Thanks for any suggestions you can throw my way. -Mark

Ric
03-14-2002, 10:51 PM
shufflebeast

Dear old Dad would be dollars ahead if he hired a professional to treat his lawn and over seed it. That Professional would be able to give Dear Old Dad a price for everything that is needed and get results much quicker. That Professional could also trim Dear Old Dads shrubs and Trees to give Dear old Dad's house something called CURB APPEAL. Curb appeal is what sells houses quicker and would end up making Dear Old Dad money in the long run. Good Luck on selling Dear Old Dad on opening his wallet.