PDA

View Full Version : Southern Engineering

trailboss
03-11-2009, 11:28 PM
For the most part we wear tool belts while on an install - especially while in trees. But we also use some plastic totes for carrying tools, parts, map gas, connectors etc... around on the ground. I had some old milk crates around and decided to give them a try for organizing my tools. I probably just need to go with a small torch and just use the tool bags. I also rigged up an axle in one of them for a wire spool. Cool thing is you can stack these wire spools with different wire sizes and put them on a dolly. Anybody else have any good tips for staying organized?

NightScenes
03-11-2009, 11:50 PM
Great job and Klein tools to boot!!

4.3mudder
03-11-2009, 11:51 PM
I like that word rigged. " If you can't fix it rig it. " LOL. I am know to rig lots of things up, gosh let me get my list out...

David Gretzmier
03-12-2009, 12:22 AM
I like the mik crate wire spooler. I cannot count the times on a site I have grabbed a stick and had the helper unwind. what a great idea. I use different tool belts depending on the job at hand. We also have a tool bag with about 30 pockets for those times we need various hand tools.

MAGLIGHTING
03-12-2009, 12:29 AM
Great organizer. Gives some excellent ideas. Thanks for posting it.

Be careful with that map (and don't spell it with 2 m's) gas though. You'll be criticized here for using it. At least I was. But then again I'm criticized for everything I do :cry: so you'll probably be OK.

TXNSLighting
03-12-2009, 01:43 AM
Great organization! I like it. some good ideas there.

JoeyD
03-12-2009, 11:17 AM
Great job!!!

irrig8r
03-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Great organizer. Gives some excellent ideas. Thanks for posting it.

Be careful with that map (and don't spell it with 2 m's) gas though. You'll be criticized here for using it. At least I was. But then again I'm criticized for everything I do :cry: so you'll probably be OK.

*trucewhiteflag*

I hereby publicly retract any and all criticisms directed at Mike Gambino for his use of MAPP gas.

In untrained and inexperienced hands MAPP gas can wreak havoc.

I failed to take into account Mikes finely developed and practiced finesse.

He is indeed a true artist, the likes of which are rarely seen in this business.

Mike offers lots of sound advice for free.

Maybe one day he'll figure out a way to charge us for it. (I'm thinking it's time for him to write a book.)

Until then, get it while it's hot.

trailboss
03-12-2009, 12:46 PM
Thanks for all the kind comments. This was the result of being ready to go out on an instal but getting rained out. I think that we are gonna be rained out for a couple more days - I will have to get back in the shop and see what else I can come up with.

TXNSLighting
03-12-2009, 03:37 PM
I just noticed youre in Ft Worth. Whats your company name? Im in your area.

trailboss
03-12-2009, 08:38 PM
I just noticed youre in Ft Worth. Whats your company name? Im in your area.

Lambs Landscapes - I'm not a fulltime lighting guy however we do quite a bit of it. We do complete landscape design and installation and we offer lighting on almost every job.

TXNSLighting
03-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Well good deal. havent seen ya around but maybe i will someday.

ccfree
03-12-2009, 11:02 PM
Steve, your setup looks awesome. I would like to check that out in person next week. Let's do lunch next week.

trailboss
03-13-2009, 12:07 AM
Steve, your setup looks awesome. I would like to check that out in person next week. Let's do lunch next week.

Sounds good Craig. You will have to check out these wire spools. I have three different size wires in three seperate crates stacked on top of each other on a dolly.
I'm thinking about mounting the tool crate on top of the wire - then cutting a piece of pipe to hold a beer - um I mean a gatorade.
Later

TXNSLighting
03-13-2009, 12:36 AM
Craig!! Where ya been! You havent taken me to lunch in forever! :laugh:

NightScenes
03-13-2009, 12:27 PM
HEB better watch out for missing milk crates in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.:laugh: Maybe even the central Texas area:D