PDA

View Full Version : Yard signs

Newguy25
03-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Anyone know of a good place to get these with a good price?? I had some done in the fall with a good response for fall cleanups. had them done at fastsigns but they are over priced. Thanks:usflag:

Troopers64
03-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Check this out: http://www.supercheapsigns.com/

honeydopm
03-13-2009, 12:30 AM
Im not sure if he will ship but i get one sided yards signs for $2 a piece no minumum. Depending on the weather they usually last 3 weeks if they make it that long but for $2 you cant beat it

Kennedy Landscaping
03-13-2009, 12:46 AM
I got mine at vistaprint.

turfbuilder
03-13-2009, 12:48 AM
I just had some more made @ www.vistaprints.com.
Turfbuilder:weightlifter:

shade tree landscaping
03-13-2009, 10:54 AM
anyone know of a good company to buy the "poly bag" signs?

vinny69
03-13-2009, 12:15 PM
I buy the 4x8 sheets of templast and cut to any size you want and make your own.sure they don't look totally profesional but they still get me LOTS of work and they only cost about 50 cents if that per sign.in my city its a big game because other lawn co. and the city workers take them down and put theres up.some signs are not even up for a day and then they are gone.you know how it is there is only a small window of time to get the costomers so i send two guys out twice a week in the eves.to put more and more signs out in my targeted areas.Signs are the best way to target certin areas.

turfbuilder
03-13-2009, 12:31 PM
What do you letter the sign with paint or marker?

grasschopperofchicago
03-13-2009, 12:36 PM
If anyone is interested in lawn care signs contact me, I can make them complete with one or two sides using vinyl graphics and corrugated weather proof faces, I would prefer minimum orders of 10, shipping would be pretty reasonable as well, they include "H" metal ground stakes. I stock 18x24 signs at all times. I am $6.50 double sided, $4.75 single-plus shipping --- turn-around in 2-3 days...keep in mind this includes metal stakes as well, compare to the supercheapsigns pricing!--for $4.95 single sided and nearly $10 for double sided! plus a $1.00 for the stakes!---this is for your basic sign, no logos, more for advertising at the entry of subdivisions, professional quality

vinny69
03-13-2009, 01:02 PM
My wife writes them with a jumbo jiffy marker and her printing is so good that it looks like they were professionally printed

Cutting Edge LC
03-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Where do you guys put your yard signs? I was going to in my front yard. Are there any other options?

grasschopperofchicago
03-13-2009, 01:21 PM
I ask permission to post them on the Yards I have cut, and talk to the homeowners associations of subdivisions if I can put one occasionally at the entrance to subdivision if I am doing a lot of homes in it, I cut the common area for one subdivision so I am able to all year on one, I also put them at corners of upscale subdivisions or high traffic areas in town, but NOT too busy!!--

vinny69
03-13-2009, 01:32 PM
up here in Calgary we put them everywhere and any where we want, busy interctions entrances to the communitys i want work in etc. i use plastic zip locks and strap them to street signs.never had a problem with it.up here in the spring there are literally thousands of signs everywhere.There are signs for Lawncare,Arborests,painting,handyman,house cleaners and others.In 8 years i have my work area with in half hour on my house.Mostly due to the signs

Toy2
03-13-2009, 01:34 PM
up here in Calgary we put them everywhere and any where we want, busy interctions entrances to the communitys i want work in etc. i use plastic zip locks and strap them to street signs.never had a problem with it.up here in the spring there are literally thousands of signs everywhere.There are signs for Lawncare,Arborests,painting,handyman,house cleaners and others.In 8 years i have my work area with in half hour on my house.Mostly due to the signs

In some States you can be fined for having them at busy intersections, ROW.....nailed to a telephone pole...etc.....your yard or customers would work...

vinny69
03-13-2009, 01:41 PM
I live in a cresent,no traffic.no one has gotten fine as far as i know(knock on wood).I look at it this way,the money i make off those signs is going to farrrr outway the fine.The city of Calgary even sends out trucks to take the signs down as they are out doing spring cleans etc.

grasschopperofchicago
03-13-2009, 01:48 PM
In our area it has pretty much come to be that signs are out there, and I don't think anyone calls unless it is offensive, we have them for singles dating, lawn care, tax services, queen size beds and rent to own homes, all of which remain, when the particular crew is cleaning that area, they do remove, but some actually pull and replace...