PDA

View Full Version : rookie in Houston

Maximuslion
03-12-2009, 05:33 PM
looking to start my own business in Houston. Needed to know if Husqvarna is a good brand to go with ? if not , what do you recommend ? does anyone know of a good commercial equipment provider in Houston , or is Lowe's my only option? Also , what is the average time to do a residential 50'-70' lot....cut , trim , edge , blow. 2 man crew including myself.

thanks in advance

starry night
03-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Do an internet search. There have to be numerous commercial dealers in Houston.

Maximuslion
03-12-2009, 06:43 PM
the 2 that i visited only had a limited selection. Although after calling them they claimed to have a wide selection. I was hoping someone could recommend a specific vendor as opposed to me driving around town. Houston is a VERY large city !

Toy2
03-12-2009, 07:35 PM
You can do a search button on this site, type Houston LCO and read some of what they have posted......

I only had three or four dealers around here, best one was Landscape supply....good people....got my Toro from them...

mowerbrad
03-12-2009, 09:29 PM
You could also go onto equipment websites and use the dealer search feature. I will garantee that you have several around you. As far a husqvarna goes, one of the guys I know that used to do lawn care really likes them. I for one, have never used one. I would do some searching. Remember, dealers can always order a different mower for you if they don't have it in stock.

bohiaa
03-13-2009, 01:00 PM
dont fo with Husqvarna, get yourself some good equiptment, not sure why you wuld want homes, I have worked in Houston on several projects, as u know it's very spread out, get with the local Metro. we had a million dollar contract with them on other things NOT landscaping.

because I'm way out here in Bellville, I'm NOT involved with Metro any more.
go to there web site, sgin up and watch the bid propals come rolling in.
However working for the Government means no funny stuff.

most of the time Businessmen like ourselves get the contract 1st, then go get the equiptment, you would be very surprised how a banker jumps when he sees 3,4, and even 5 hundred thousand dollar contract. he will open the vault and say take your pick.

I really would NOT bother with homes, in Houston it's too cut throte, all the Mexicians.
and stay away from Home Depot, " you know the reason why "

Best of luck.

call on me if I can help you in any way.