PDA

View Full Version : South Florida Lawns 09'

South Florida Lawns
03-13-2009, 12:22 AM
Got tons of new photos of jobs and stuff that I have been working on. Let me know what you guys think!

South Florida Lawns
03-13-2009, 12:24 AM
I'll post some of the actual site tomorrow after the mowing route, where we were dumping the 22 yrds total of dirt. I was way over loaded every trip, each yard was 2200 lbs give or take, I was taking 4 a trip.

Mowerboy04
03-13-2009, 12:26 AM
looks good, is that open trailer new? don't think i've seen pics of it before

DLAWNS
03-13-2009, 12:29 AM
Everything looks good brotha. Keep the pics coming.

Kennedy Landscaping
03-13-2009, 12:43 AM
Looks good, how was the truck handling the weight, I bet them sides came in mighty handy for all that dirt. Keep em coming!

bobcatnj
03-13-2009, 12:58 AM
hows the trailer axels doing?

T.Brandon
03-13-2009, 01:54 AM
Looks good, Putting tht new trailer to work!!

DoetschOutdoor
03-13-2009, 01:57 AM
Everytime I see that nice trailer that you got for dirt cheap, it pisses me off at our local prices. Just went to the trailer store today and a trailer very similiar to yours is over $1k more plus tax!! All your stuff looks good

Jimslawncareservice
03-13-2009, 11:39 AM
A trailer like thay with electric brakes here is over 2500 and tax. With out brakes its close to 2k I bought a used 18' with extra long ramp hd axles and hd jack for 1800

Lakewlc
03-13-2009, 12:49 PM
nice trailer. those sides are key

Jason Rose
03-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Oh lord, were you having to shovel all that dirt off the trailer each time!?

I suppose you don't have to haul dirt like that too often, but man I'd be looking for a dump truck (1 ton) or a dump trailer!

nnj18
03-13-2009, 02:10 PM
looking good ryan! musta sucked shoveling that dirt out, hope you got some amigos :laugh:

SNAPPER MAN
03-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Ryan that aint overloaded, I get 7 yds of mulch into my 6.5x12 tandam trailer and that boy is squattin. That trailer looks nice. In my opinion open trailers are so much better than enclosed because they are way more versitile. Looks good man, I dont understand why so many people think shoveling dirt of a trailer is so difficult, because if you have a dump truck you are still going to have to shovel and wheelbarrow the dirt from where you dumped it. Looks good!

riverwalklandscaping
03-13-2009, 02:55 PM
That is overloaded ... mulch does not weigh the same as topsoil. 4 yards is about 8800lbs plus the trailer which proably is 1500 pounds is 10,300 lbs on a trailer rated for probably 7,000lbs... Would have saved you in the trips alone to just hire a triaxle to dump that load for you. Plus it's cheaper than paying for a broken trailer, over weight fees, and damage from an accident

oakhillslandscaping
03-13-2009, 02:58 PM
that poor trailer

nhpatriot
03-13-2009, 05:44 PM
Around here I can get a tri-axle to haul at $65/hour. Many times it's cheaper than hauling it myself in my one tons. But always cheaper than paying guys to shovel it!

Nick's Lawn Care
03-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Everything looks good but those trailer rimes:laugh:

Nick

South Florida Lawns
03-13-2009, 06:09 PM
Heck yeah it was way overloaded, I snapped both axles pulling out of the parking lot.

Lakewlc
03-13-2009, 06:18 PM
Heck yeah it was way overloaded, I snapped both axles pulling out of the parking lot.

haha i hate when that happens!

nnj18
03-13-2009, 08:01 PM

that BLOWS...get a tri-axle next time buddy lol

Jason Rose
03-13-2009, 08:08 PM

Seriously?? :dizzy: That's crap! You would think those axles would be engineered to handle at least 3 times their max load rating! :laugh: :waving:

My lawn trailer (20' open) the axles, mainly the rear, tends to hit the under side of the trailer frame on ocassion. BANG I hear when I hit a bump in the road. Thank god it's never broken anything though! I'm only a *little* over the 7,000 on my trailer though. :hammerhead:

rusty_keg_3
03-13-2009, 09:22 PM
Yea, you know whats up, Chevy.

deere615
03-14-2009, 12:42 AM
Nice pics, yeah thats alot of wieght, I have had 2yrds of topsoil in my half ton bed before, it sure was squating that was before I had an added leaf and timbrens

South Florida Lawns
03-14-2009, 12:47 PM
Seriously?? :dizzy: That's crap! You would think those axles would be engineered to handle at least 3 times their max load rating! :laugh: :waving:

My lawn trailer (20' open) the axles, mainly the rear, tends to hit the under side of the trailer frame on ocassion. BANG I hear when I hit a bump in the road. Thank god it's never broken anything though! I'm only a *little* over the 7,000 on my trailer though. :hammerhead:

No way hahah I was kidding with ya'll trailer did fine. My springs were defiantly fully compressed though, I lucked out cuz Florida roads are smooth, so the axles never hit frame.

My trailer has a life time warranty if anything breaks they will fix it free of charge. But the axles aren't covered, as they are made by another manufacturer. I can get new 7k ones for $150 a piece

AndyTblc
03-14-2009, 01:39 PM
No way hahah I was kidding with ya'll trailer did fine. My springs were defiantly fully compressed though, I lucked out cuz Florida roads are smooth, so the axles never hit frame.

Just be glad you're not in michigan, you would have some major problems.

Lazer_Z
03-14-2009, 05:06 PM
Ryan that aint overloaded, I get 7 yds of mulch into my 6.5x12 tandam trailer and that boy is squattin. That trailer looks nice. In my opinion open trailers are so much better than enclosed because they are way more versitile. Looks good man, I dont understand why so many people think shoveling dirt of a trailer is so difficult, because if you have a dump truck you are still going to have to shovel and wheelbarrow the dirt from where you dumped it. Looks good!:laugh::laugh::laugh: That's a good one kid, really. I finally am rid of my open trailer this season and now have a nice enclosed to haul my things in. What happens when you have an open trailer and it rains?, your stuff gets wet. An enclosed can also double as advertising space, granted you can do signs with an open trailer, but I much prefer the look of a nicely lettered enclosed. Factor in security as well for an enclosed, no one can see what your hauling and create their own "shopping list" from your equipment. No loading and unloading every day with an enclosed.

Sorry to hijack your thread Ryan, trailer looks good and I'm glad it's working for ya.

SNAPPER MAN
03-14-2009, 05:29 PM
Lazer, a enclosed is good for a rolling billboard but is not nearly as versatile as a open trailer. With an enclosed trailer all you can use it for is mowing. With an open, you can put your mowers on it, haul mulch or dirt, haul tree debris, haul rock, and do many more things. You cannot do that with an enclosed. And for the security issue, a enclosed trailer can be broken into just as easily, you can cut a lock on the door of an enclosed trailer just as easy as you can on a cage or weedeater rack on a open trailer. Also rain? If your equipment gets wet it isn't going to kill it, rain does not hurt equipment. On a last note, if you are pulling a large enclosed trailer with your name on it then thieves automatically know that it is full of lawn equipment so they will have a pretty good idea of what is inside. That is just my opinion.

Lazer_Z
03-14-2009, 05:56 PM
Lazer, a enclosed is good for a rolling billboard but is not nearly as versatile as a open trailer. With an enclosed trailer all you can use it for is mowing. With an open, you can put your mowers on it, haul mulch or dirt, haul tree debris, haul rock, and do many more things. You cannot do that with an enclosed. And for the security issue, a enclosed trailer can be broken into just as easily, you can cut a lock on the door of an enclosed trailer just as easy as you can on a cage or weedeater rack on a open trailer. Also rain? If your equipment gets wet it isn't going to kill it, rain does not hurt equipment. On a last note, if you are pulling a large enclosed trailer with your name on it then thieves automatically know that it is full of lawn equipment so they will have a pretty good idea of what is inside. That is just my opinion.Cutting the locks off huh? OK, If you would like to fly up to Jersey and try and cut these off and break into my trailer you can have EVERYTHING inside the trailer http://www.etrailer.com/pc-L~DT40122.htm

As far as rain goes, I don't know about you but, I like to keep my equipment as dry as possible. I understand a passing shower or a little bit of drizzle, but not a sudden downpour that could last for who knows how long.

If I need dirt, stone, mulch or topsoil my mulch supplier has that cover with their tandem and triaxel dumps. If I would need to haul tree debris, which I don't. As I'm friendly with the guy that does the tree work for my township, but if I did that's why 8' beds on trucks were made.

Kid, Keep using your open trailer and I'll be as happy as a pig in sh*t using my enclosed.

SNAPPER MAN
03-14-2009, 06:07 PM
Whatever, as long as it works for you thats all that matters.

South Florida Lawns
03-14-2009, 07:27 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh: That's a good one kid, really. I finally am rid of my open trailer this season and now have a nice enclosed to haul my things in. What happens when you have an open trailer and it rains?, your stuff gets wet. An enclosed can also double as advertising space, granted you can do signs with an open trailer, but I much prefer the look of a nicely lettered enclosed. Factor in security as well for an enclosed, no one can see what your hauling and create their own "shopping list" from your equipment. No loading and unloading every day with an enclosed.

Sorry to hijack your thread Ryan, trailer looks good and I'm glad it's working for ya.

Having both trailers is nice! The open one is used for taking equipment to the shop or hauling mulch and dirt. I'm also getting into light tree and brush work/palm trimming. I love my enclosed although its big and a pain to pull, thats strictly for maintance and mowing, it still gets used every day of the week on the mowing route, I'm selling it though, once I fix all the dents, I'm supposed to be getting an Isuzu NPR box truck soon.

Thanks Lazer, those locks are the ticket, I need to get a few of them myself!

nnj18
03-14-2009, 07:48 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh: That's a good one kid, really. I finally am rid of my open trailer this season and now have a nice enclosed to haul my things in. What happens when you have an open trailer and it rains?, your stuff gets wet. An enclosed can also double as advertising space, granted you can do signs with an open trailer, but I much prefer the look of a nicely lettered enclosed. Factor in security as well for an enclosed, no one can see what your hauling and create their own "shopping list" from your equipment. No loading and unloading every day with an enclosed.

Haha, I tried telling this kid the same thing before and he told me "I hope your business fails" :laugh:

There are a few other things he disagree with such as insurance, but I don't want to get too off topic in Ryans thread. :waving:

2brothersyardcare
03-14-2009, 07:54 PM
**** that kid hes a dick

Petr51488
03-14-2009, 08:31 PM
Nice pics, yeah thats alot of wieght, I have had 2yrds of topsoil in my half ton bed before, it sure was squating that was before I had an added leaf and timbrens

Don't mean to steal your thread, but heres roughly 2 yards of dirt in my half ton! Oh the days without the right equipment for the job lol

On the topic of open/enclosed. You couldn't pay me to use an open trailer to keep my equipment on. And to have to unload everything every time you need to put mulch or dirt or debris in is just a waste of time.

South Florida Lawns
03-14-2009, 10:16 PM
Don't mean to steal your thread, but heres roughly 2 yards of dirt in my half ton! Oh the days without the right equipment for the job lol

On the topic of open/enclosed. You couldn't pay me to use an open trailer to keep my equipment on. And to have to unload everything every time you need to put mulch or dirt or debris in is just a waste of time.

Yeah I don't like having my stuff sitting out on an open trailer esp in FLA. The pic of the toro on the trailer was a one time mow for a friend almost 2 hrs away and I wanted to get good mpg driving down there so I put my stuff on the open.

I'm getting a mesh box fabricated for the front and some trailer brakes are going on.

lifetree
03-14-2009, 10:49 PM
That is overloaded ... mulch does not weigh the same as topsoil. 4 yards is about 8800lbs plus the trailer which proably is 1500 pounds is 10,300 lbs on a trailer rated for probably 7,000lbs... Would have saved you in the trips alone to just hire a triaxle to dump that load for you. Plus it's cheaper than paying for a broken trailer, over weight fees, and damage from an accident

That assumes that he was thinking about it logically, when obivously he wasn't !!

Florida Gardener
03-14-2009, 10:57 PM
im not a fan of the open myself, but down here in FLA, they are great for throwing debris in due to all the palms we trim/clean up dead fronds from. Putting all that stuff in the back of your truck can fill up very quick. Hell, 2 of my new accounts i can load up my truck bed just from them alone. They are also great for LS jobs.

deere615
03-15-2009, 01:09 AM

yep thats about what mine looked like, but yours looks more than 2, almost looks like 3 yards

Petr51488
03-15-2009, 02:36 PM
yep thats about what mine looked like, but yours looks more than 2, almost looks like 3 yards

Yea, i was just going by what they charge me to dump yard waste. They say a level 8ft pickup bed is 2 yards. Either way its wayyy to much weight for that truck lol

South Florida Lawns
03-20-2009, 06:53 PM
The rest of the dirt job, all 22 yrds spread, the owners said no to sod that I tried to push. It was finished last week, but just got time today to post the pics I have been keeping busy. Sorry there's 3 of my threads floating around today didn't mean for that to happen, one just got bumped to the top. This is my new one for the year the other one can go away.

2brothersyardcare
03-20-2009, 08:18 PM
looks nice alot better

Lakewlc
03-20-2009, 09:57 PM
yeah, looks great

JaysLawns
03-20-2009, 10:32 PM
What kind of mower and deck is on that toro ztr? How do you like the cut quality?

Jay

South Florida Lawns
03-21-2009, 02:14 AM
it a 44" 19hp kawi SFS and it cuts great down here!

South Florida Lawns
03-25-2009, 11:33 PM
palms trimmed!

slamjamrockinman
03-25-2009, 11:35 PM
Looks really good! Looks like your putting that new trailer to work!!

South Florida Lawns
03-25-2009, 11:36 PM
I love doing this type of work, what do you guys think?

deere615
03-25-2009, 11:45 PM
Those look so much better, about doing that kind of work well I couldnt tell you we dont have palms!

nnj18
03-25-2009, 11:47 PM
Looks really good ryan!! So you climb them or??

Kennedy Landscaping
03-25-2009, 11:48 PM
Looks good, I like your new trailer too!

South Florida Lawns
03-25-2009, 11:55 PM
nope used my pole saw they got 6" thorns on em and about 30 of them on each frond. They'll go right through a boot and burn your skin when you get stabbed it hurts someone said they poisonous too.

SNAPPER MAN
03-26-2009, 12:03 AM
That looks good man. Alot safer using a pole pruner than climbing an extension ladder with a climbing saw like we do.

Florida Gardener
03-26-2009, 12:14 AM
Did the customer want those phoenix cut back that much?? It's not healthy for the palm to be pruned back that much.

Those Queen Palms look like they could use some fert.

Those look like some nice accounts you got there.

South Florida Lawns
03-26-2009, 12:33 PM
Did the customer want those phoenix cut back that much?? It's not healthy for the palm to be pruned back that much.

Yes he wanted them thinned out as much as possible. I know they'll do just fine, those are some tough palms. They were Hurricane cut when I first started mowing the property about a year ago.

J&R Landscaping
03-26-2009, 12:38 PM
Nice pictures Ryan!!

Edmonds Lawn Service
03-26-2009, 11:08 PM
Nice work.

DRBLawnBuster
03-26-2009, 11:16 PM
like the trailer, my next trailer will definetly have sides like that

Florida Gardener
03-26-2009, 11:25 PM
Ryan, you guys are still on every other week,right? when do you start your weekly cutting again? I still have another month before i start that.

South Florida Lawns
04-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Ryan, you guys are still on every other week,right? when do you start your weekly cutting again? I still have another month before i start that.

My yards took off with all the rain we had and people have been watering like crazy before the strict watering bans go in affect. So I'm mowing weekly now. Is grass not growing much down there? What do you mostly cut St. Augustine and Paspalum?

Florida Gardener
04-04-2009, 08:37 PM
No ,things have been picking up here too. We had some good rains the past few weeks and my fertilized lawns that I hit a few weeks ago really took off and could go weekly, but im able to skate away with every other week right now. Once May 1 hits, it's weekly. I have mostly augustine yards and a couple bahia. I cut my 1.25 acre property today that was virtually dead the past few months cause its bahia and there was actually growth on it so it's a good sign cutting season is back.

Greg78
04-04-2009, 08:59 PM

No kidding we would get fined over here if we cut em like that.....

South Florida Lawns
04-04-2009, 09:35 PM
No kidding we would get fined over here if we cut em like that.....

Really? Never had any problems doing this kind of work.

Florida Gardener
04-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Same down here...in fact, there is a guy in my Palms class who works for i cant remember but fines people for overpruning among other things.....
i think the reclinatas look best full like any other phoenix. BUT, the customer gets what they want

South Florida Lawns
04-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep it in the back of my mind the next time I'm out trimming. I try not to hurricane cut my palms.

nnj18
04-04-2009, 09:58 PM
i think the palms look fine....doesnt look over pruned to me but i dont know anything about palms lol

Greg78
04-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Really? Never had any problems doing this kind of work.

Yeah and it was a ridiculous amount IIRC

1st offense $100 per tree
2nd offense $250 per tree
3rd offense $500 per tree

That goes for all trees not just palms, however it is enforced more on palms.

Greg78
04-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Another thing if it is on a commercial property the property owner is fined as well.

If the deem that irreparable damage has been done then you have to plant 3 trees for every one that was irreparable.

sweetz
04-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Another thing if it is on a commercial property the property owner is fined as well.

If the deem that irreparable damage has been done then you have to plant 3 trees for every one that was irreparable.

I've never heard of this?

Greg78
04-05-2009, 10:19 PM
I've never heard of this?

In Lee County we received this last year.

http://www.landscapeflorida.com/docs/Lee%20County%20tree%20trimming.pdf

flatlander42
04-05-2009, 10:26 PM
That is crazy....If a lawn guy cuts a tree too far or whatever....wouldnt it be between the "owner" and the guy doin the cutting?

STIHL GUY
04-05-2009, 11:08 PM
lookin good

sweetz
04-06-2009, 02:41 AM
In Lee County we received this last year.

http://www.landscapeflorida.com/docs/Lee%20County%20tree%20trimming.pdf

That's nuts! At least the part about palm trees. I can see where they are coming from with topping, etc. But with palm trees, it is up to the customer as far as I'm concerned. You aren't damaging the palm & different people have different tastes.

Florida Gardener
04-06-2009, 09:38 AM
You actually are damaging the palm by cutting it back that much. Most customers dont care though and think it looks best that way.

South Florida Lawns
04-06-2009, 07:20 PM
I think I'll be good next time I'll take a little less off. It actually doesn't look so bad in person, not like the work some of those tree rats do around here where they murder the poor things.

DRBLawnBuster
04-06-2009, 07:22 PM
DO you run any other mowers besides the zero turn toro?

South Florida Lawns
04-06-2009, 08:10 PM
DO you run any other mowers besides the zero turn toro?

Yes I also run a Wright Stander.

DRBLawnBuster
04-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Ok sounds like a nice set-up. About how many accounts you got this year.

South Florida Lawns
04-06-2009, 08:37 PM
50 weekly customers, only 4 are commercial the rest is resi.

DRBLawnBuster
04-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Sounds like your busy during the year. Good luck in 09

deerewashed
04-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Everytime I see that nice trailer that you got for dirt cheap, it pisses me off at our local prices. Just went to the trailer store today and a trailer very similiar to yours is over $1k more plus tax!! All your stuff looks good

Same problem i have been looking for 1 but prices are high localy

South Florida Lawns
04-06-2009, 09:20 PM
At the dump during lunch today!

deerewashed
04-06-2009, 09:23 PM
once again i am jelous of another persons setup.... i wish i could drive that rig let alone drive in general!! i love your mowers....makeing me think i need a new 1 which i do.

IntegrityGuy
04-06-2009, 09:50 PM
What percent tints do you have on your truck?

Side 2?

Back?

And front window?

I want to tint my chevy reg cab but dont know what % i want. I know i want to black out the back window but not too much because i plow and it would be hard to see out the back at night.

South Florida Lawns
04-06-2009, 10:19 PM
What percent tints do you have on your truck?

Side 2?

Back?

And front window?

I want to tint my chevy reg cab but dont know what % i want. I know i want to black out the back window but not too much because i plow and it would be hard to see out the back at night.

I have 3% on the back and sides. At night its a pain to see out some times, I would strongly recommend like 15% for plowing.

South Florida Lawns
04-06-2009, 10:31 PM
here's a quick video of me mowing a typical fenced back yard on my stander.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHR4QAZ_3G0

Coastal Lawn Maintenance
04-06-2009, 10:54 PM
looks good. do you all mow all year long down there

sweetz
04-06-2009, 10:57 PM
looks good. do you all mow all year long down there

Yep, we do

South Florida Lawns
04-07-2009, 06:19 PM
Fixed my trailer up.

KrayzKajun
04-07-2009, 07:23 PM
i love the stander!

Petr51488
04-07-2009, 09:17 PM
If that doesn't hold up try some pop rivets. I do that type of work all the time on the huge 53' trailers at my dads shop in the winter. Everything from replacing panels, roofs, beams, doors etc.

South Florida Lawns
04-07-2009, 11:32 PM
If that doesn't hold up try some pop rivets. I do that type of work all the time on the huge 53' trailers at my dads shop in the winter. Everything from replacing panels, roofs, beams, doors etc.

Hey never thought of using rivets, thats a good idea and would be a much cleaner look than a screw. Thanks!

HappyGrasslawncare
05-26-2009, 05:05 PM
Cutting the locks off huh? OK, If you would like to fly up to Jersey and try and cut these off and break into my trailer you can have EVERYTHING inside the trailer http://www.etrailer.com/pc-L~DT40122.htm

As far as rain goes, I don't know about you but, I like to keep my equipment as dry as possible. I understand a passing shower or a little bit of drizzle, but not a sudden downpour that could last for who knows how long.

If I need dirt, stone, mulch or topsoil my mulch supplier has that cover with their tandem and triaxel dumps. If I would need to haul tree debris, which I don't. As I'm friendly with the guy that does the tree work for my township, but if I did that's why 8' beds on trucks were made.

Kid, Keep using your open trailer and I'll be as happy as a pig in sh*t using my enclosed.

Sorryto break it to you but, When i bought my trailer that lock was stuck on the weedeater rack and the owner lost the key. So i after a good 5 mins on it with a electric power saw it broke right off.
So simply give me your address and i would love to take all your equipment :laugh::laugh:

Petr51488
05-26-2009, 07:58 PM
me too! i can help you with some transportation if i get half lol

South Florida Lawns
05-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Hah you guys make me laugh! I never lock my stuff any more and I always leave my keys in the ignition.

Lazer_Z
05-27-2009, 10:30 AM
Sorryto break it to you but, When i bought my trailer that lock was stuck on the weedeater rack and the owner lost the key. So i after a good 5 mins on it with a electric power saw it broke right off.
So simply give me your address and i would love to take all your equipment :laugh::laugh:Sorry to break it to you, but you wouldn't get 5 seconds let alone 5 minutes to screw with my locks. If I didn't kick your @ss you'd be arrested. The place where I park my trailer is open 24hrs and there are cops there constantly. :rolleyes:

me too! i can help you with some transportation if i get half lol Don't you start :hammerhead:

South Florida Lawns
10-18-2009, 01:34 AM
Just bought an FS100RX today. I needed to add another, the 110RX was in the shop and the 85 is getting old. I also set up an area on the shop wall for all 2 stroke stuff so that the guys can grab and go when loading trailers. Now the stuff won't be on the floor and in a pile when I service them.

Oh and my new guy is fast but smoked the clutch on my trimmer the first week with us.

I'm trying to get things going I added a bunch of accounts this summer. I may add a billy goat leaf vac for fall.

I'll get some pictures up soon.

Kennedy Landscaping
10-18-2009, 11:34 AM
Good deal on the new trimmer. Looking forward to seeing some pictures

South Florida Lawns
10-18-2009, 07:48 PM
I paid $300 for it new.

KrayzKajun
10-18-2009, 09:16 PM
we need some new pics home slice!

whts been up buddy?

South Florida Lawns
10-20-2009, 12:16 AM
we need some new pics home slice!

whts been up buddy?

Hey buddy I know I have been seriously slacking.

I almost lost a mower last week in the ocean, long story short another LCO helped us extract the Z before the rising tide made it an artificial reef lol.

South Florida Lawns
10-20-2009, 08:30 PM
New at dealer getting underbody box installed. I'll try and take some with the trailer tomorrow.
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g42/turnerdhr_photos/550.jpg

South Florida Lawns
10-20-2009, 08:32 PM
I really want alcoa 22's for it. the diablosport programmer is on it.

Exmark Guy
10-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Hey man, I really like your trailer. How tall are the sides you have on it. Sorry if you have it posted and I havent seen it yet.

Lakewlc
10-20-2009, 11:05 PM
is that your truck?!

South Florida Lawns
10-20-2009, 11:10 PM
is that your truck?!

No its my girlfriends

Trailers got 24" sides which is the same size wheels I'm putting on my chevy.

sweetz
10-21-2009, 12:53 AM
No its my girlfriends

Okay, who's is it?

TXNSLighting
10-21-2009, 11:18 PM
No its my girlfriends

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

T.Brandon
10-21-2009, 11:36 PM
I just put 22.5 accurides on my f-350!!

South Florida Lawns
10-22-2009, 04:18 PM
Were they a direct fit or did you need wheel spacers? I like the big rig wheel look but my truck is the XL so I may just get some steel semi wheels and paint em black.

edub32
10-22-2009, 04:33 PM
Nice equipment but I'm sorry those wheels on that chevy are UUUGLY.

T.Brandon
10-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Had to get adapters 8 to 10 lug. They were 780 shipped! But get steel not aluminum they break

South Florida Lawns
10-23-2009, 08:44 PM
Nice equipment but I'm sorry those wheels on that chevy are UUUGLY.

Thats nice and what looks good to you?

South Florida Lawns
02-23-2010, 05:13 PM
Here's what we do when not mowing, this is from a commercial that we took over, it was neglected for about 3 yrs. And yes my guys did tarp the trailer.

Lawn Enforcer
02-23-2010, 05:31 PM
Tarps? Who tarps trailers? I just drive fast enough and let most of the stuff blow out so I don't have to work so hard at the dump :laugh: just kidding!

Everything looks good chief!

MortonLawn
02-23-2010, 05:50 PM
nice job, too bad you don't have a before and after shot, that looks like it was a lot of work.

deere615
02-23-2010, 08:00 PM
I am not sure if I asked you before but what brand trailer is that?

South Florida Lawns
02-24-2010, 04:47 PM
I am not sure if I asked you before but what brand trailer is that?

Loudo...........

deere615
02-24-2010, 09:16 PM
Loudo...........

Ok thanks:waving: I am just looking at getting a new one this spring and trying to figure out which brand I want to get and I remember you got a good deal on that one

Junior M
02-24-2010, 09:22 PM
are we ever goin to get pics of the, I think its a 550?

South Florida Lawns
02-25-2010, 06:48 PM
are we ever goin to get pics of the, I think its a 550?

I need to post some I got a bunch from my new camera. The trucks for sale actually too.

Marek
02-26-2010, 11:24 PM
Why are you gettin rid of it already ?

South Florida Lawns
02-27-2010, 09:51 PM
too expensive

South Florida Lawns
03-01-2010, 12:11 AM
Look at this ugly well. The owner was getting complaints from the HOA so we decided to put in some 3gal Podocarpus to help hide the "eyesore".

Florida Gardener
03-01-2010, 12:20 AM
good choice...that house can use some plants with more color though.

South Florida Lawns
03-01-2010, 12:31 AM
good choice...that house can use some plants with more color though.

Tell me about it.

KrayzKajun
03-01-2010, 12:45 AM
guess they like green?? LOL

Florida Gardener
03-01-2010, 12:46 AM
what a nice house with a boring landscape....

those phoenix palms need fert....

South Florida Lawns
03-01-2010, 12:49 AM
what a nice house with a boring landscape....

those phoenix palms need fert....

Those are the palms I asked you about last year. You should see them now green as can be after a few treatments of fert.

Florida Gardener
03-01-2010, 12:50 AM
btw bud, you want to use Lesco 8-2-12-4 palm/ornamental fert from now on on all palms...you can use it on the turf and ornamentals as well.

South Florida Lawns
03-01-2010, 01:02 AM
I forget what you recommended lesco 3 -30 3 or something like that. Why the change now is it from the fert ban?

Mondragon Lawn Serv
03-01-2010, 01:06 AM
it's so funny how florida and Houston are literally the same lol but not the rest of Texas

by the way great work

Florida Gardener
03-01-2010, 09:49 AM
no, it was 13-3-13.

I attended a 2 day palm seminar held by UF professors Elliot and Broschat who are the palm experts and they say to use 8-2-12. They have researched palms for over 20 years and this is the fert to use on palms and can be used on lawn and ornamentals as well.

South Florida Lawns
03-01-2010, 04:08 PM
Took over a neglected commercial, here are some before and after shots.

DoetschOutdoor
03-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Almost easier on the eyes to see that fence covered up by all that mess...but then you wouldnt make any $$$$ so I say it looks good man!

Mondragon Lawn Serv
03-01-2010, 04:24 PM
looks clean now, but will they be or you be doing any thing else to make it look better

South Florida Lawns
03-05-2010, 02:19 AM
looks clean now, but will they be or you be doing any thing else to make it look better

Oh yes we did a complete renovation on it. The pictures are about a year old, the place looks totally different now.

MortonLawn
03-08-2010, 09:37 AM
Hey! Don't you have a box truck now?? if so, lets see some pictures. :)

Lazer Cut
03-08-2010, 02:09 PM
I want to know,

How does your truck do when loaded down? with the enclosed and your equipment? You have it dropped down which looks good but I am wondering how your truck handles it? did you add a leaf spring helper or timbrens? bags under the back?

South Florida Lawns
03-12-2010, 01:26 AM
I want to know,

How does your truck do when loaded down? with the enclosed and your equipment? You have it dropped down which looks good but I am wondering how your truck handles it? did you add a leaf spring helper or timbrens? bags under the back?

Believe it or not the chevy is all stock. Never touched the suspension and its got the v6, it just sits level with the trailer on the back. Towing the trailer around town is not a problem, on the highways it was slow. Its more of my personal truck now as I have a dump that pulls the trailer and the crew.

albhb3
03-12-2010, 02:18 AM
looks like a project we had to work on last year except it was about 200ft and about 25ft thick combined with vine, buckthorn and who knows what else. Plus they wanted to save some of the lylac bushes and they only wanted 4hrs every 2 weeks lets say its still not done> I would have to say about 45%