PDA

View Full Version : Ditch Witch Zahn info

swp
03-13-2009, 11:28 AM
Hey, Just wandering if anybody has experience with one of these? I'm considering the 300 4WD. I've searched the forums and have found very little info. on them. I know they've only been out for a couple of years. How do they perform on hills & muddy/wet areas? Am not really interested in the trenching attachment because I do not do irrigation. What I am more interested in are the buckets, augers, and tiller. Does anyone have price info., too? I was quoted $16,700 for the 300 4WD w/the high lift tool carrier. Thanks for any info.!

BrandonV
03-14-2009, 11:48 AM
hills you won't have an issue, they do fine, mud I'm guessing like most articulated tractors it won't agree with. i demoed/rented one and found it to be a great machine that I hope to buy one day to compliment my tracked minis, but it won't do everything they'll do but it won't make a mess like they do too. if your working on finished properties it's the way to go, new construction the sk650 or similar might be more your speed.

AllHardscaping
03-15-2009, 03:28 PM
I seocnd the SK650. Definitly a greta machine for construction if you dont have a whole lot of grass to worry about tearing up. It gets in tight areas and has the balls to excavate for a patio, trench like crazy and load some good size pallets. It has a large diesel engine unlike most of th eminis so it doesnt bog down as much when fully loaded. Never tried the Zahn though I hera it is really good and a favorite of rental yards...

swp
03-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Thanks guys for the info, I'm suppose to demo one this week I will post the results then.

P.Services
03-15-2009, 09:34 PM
swp, i to am considering the zahn but my local dealers price is effeing crazy high at 21k for the 300 and the highlift. your sure that price of 16k included the highlift arms? did it have a bucket on that price to? did they fax or mail you a copy?

im gona call my dealer one last time and if they dont wana offer up a better price then im going to bet a wheel boxer unit the same day. they only cost around 13k

swp
03-15-2009, 09:48 PM
Picasso, that included the high lift but no bucket, and all I have is verbal price nothing in writing. Just curious whats your plans for the Zahn.

P.Services
03-15-2009, 09:58 PM
im going to put turf tires on it and use it alot for doing mulch. im going to have a custom bucket made for it also. they dont tear up the turf bad with the current ag type tires but the turf tires will make the foot print even softer. i think i may also put dual wheels on it to lower the ground pressure.

mulching will me its number one use but really it will get used for anything to cut out manual labor.

im just not sure about that price they gave you, my dealer had a price of 17k just for the machine and the rest was the high lift. i hope your price is right though, get it in writing soon please!

P.Services
03-17-2009, 01:32 AM
hey swp any luck on the confirmation of the zahn price?

swp
03-17-2009, 08:13 AM
Picasso, I did confirm that price on monday, and nothing changed. I hope you got some better news on yours.

P.Services
03-17-2009, 12:56 PM
well if you have them mail you a copy of that qoute fax a copy my way eh? then i can say match this price or im going else where to buy it.

did that price of 16,700 include tax? what kinda price did they have on a bucket and forks?

my dealer - 450 bucket 650 forks

H20it
03-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Sorry for the cut and paste, but I thought it would be easier, I was directed to this thread by another member (thanks) Any info you guys could give me would be great.

Well this is my first post. Been in the biz along time and have my own company but I am currently shopping for a new 410 and a Zahn to replace a aging 400SX and a great little 255. The 255 is worth keeping to me because the used market gives you pretty much nothing for them and mine is in good condition. The prices on a Zahn with a puller and trencher and a new 410 that I got seem WAY high especially since the economy is what it is right now. I was wondering is some of you are willing to share what they cost you to purchase. I am looking at a Zahn with a trencher attachment and a plow attachment and am very interested because of the versatility down the road and the 410 would be a clear choice for replacing my 400 (with a trencher, boring unit and plow). Thanks for any help ... I just found this site and I plan on using it ... what a great place!

swp
03-17-2009, 09:03 PM
Picasso, I confirmed the price yesterday with the rep and made sure it was for the machine and the high lift. I don't have anything in writing, but if or when I decide to pull the trigger and they don't honor that price I'll just walk. It seems like you got better prices on the attachments than I did the 44" bucket 499 forks 749 auger's 12" & 30" with the power head was 2899 but the real killer was the soil cultivator @ 9100

P.Services
03-17-2009, 10:43 PM
nope i got mine in the mail today and that the same price for the bucket and forks they gave me. i can get a full size set for a bobcat for less then that.

i think im just going to get the bucket and then wait for stuff to come up for sale on ebay

BrandonV
03-18-2009, 07:32 AM
picasso just get the lift arm and then you can buy your attachment from whomever. swp check on the soil cultivator, that must be the one that hooks via the zahn attachment method, just get one on your high lift.

hardscaper
03-31-2009, 11:49 AM
Hey, Just wandering if anybody has experience with one of these? I'm considering the 300 4WD. I've searched the forums and have found very little info. on them. I know they've only been out for a couple of years. How do they perform on hills & muddy/wet areas? Am not really interested in the trenching attachment because I do not do irrigation. What I am more interested in are the buckets, augers, and tiller. Does anyone have price info., too? I was quoted $16,700 for the 300 4WD w/the high lift tool carrier. Thanks for any info.!

We were the first to demo these units when they came out two years ago. For us the deal killer was the lack of tracks and mobility compared to the units we were goint to replace. For tight back yards I have yet to find a machine that can move material as efficiently through a 34" gate, self load and high dump as our tracked dumpers. In addition to running a trencher and auger when needed. We ended up buying the same units again for $12500.

cameronderzack
04-23-2009, 11:31 PM
where did you get your cormidi track loader from?

Northern Irrigator
11-12-2013, 10:20 PM
I have one with a high lift, bucket, and auger and just bought a bradco plow and am exploring trenchers. I have a few other mini attachments as well. I love it. It has less power than the sk650, but does MUCH less damage and is narrower too. The hopper option is great for mulch too. (over a yard at a time). Mine is wheeled and I bought it used, but if I were buying new the tracked version would be a must for mud and vibraplowing. (I have multiple peers who use both and swear by the tracked version.) The machine without attachments is only 60 inches long and it fits through a 36" gate. It fills a different gap than the traditional skid loader and is more versatile in my opinion. I only wish I could get it with a diesel, or some more size options.