PDA

View Full Version : can i do this?????

tico2007br
03-13-2009, 12:55 PM
hi guys,spring is coming again,so i want to do some advertise,i want to do my advertise with a doors hangers so i want to know if i can put the doors hangers out side of mail box,you think i am gonna have problems if i do that??

IntegrityGuy
03-13-2009, 01:01 PM
do it till you get caught. I did that until the mail man called me and said he had a stack of my fliers that i can come pick up. I asked him where on the box i can put it and he said anywhere besides inside, and no where that will interfeer with delivering mail.

Brian James
03-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Stay away from the mailbox altogether. The postal carrier around here will just pick them up and throw them out. It's a door hanger......Hang it on the door! Be professional about it too; don't just cut across yard to yard actually use the driveway and sidewalk. It will take longer but will give you a bit of credibility.

fl-landscapes
03-13-2009, 03:52 PM
Stay away from the mailbox altogether. The postal carrier around here will just pick them up and throw them out. It's a door hanger......Hang it on the door! Be professional about it too; don't just cut across yard to yard actually use the driveway and sidewalk. It will take longer but will give you a bit of credibility.

Great point. Never been a fan of door hangers and mass mailings. But if your going to do it, do it right. And while your walking on the sidewalks and driveways you should be wearing a collared shirt with your company name on it. Look professional it will pay dividends.

mowerbrad
03-13-2009, 07:31 PM
Looking and acting professional is extremely important when you are actually walking and hanging them on the doors. The last thing any homeowner wants is some "punk" walking across their lawns and coming up to their door. This is basically a first impression, so do it right the first time.

tico2007br
03-13-2009, 08:17 PM
thank's guys for all the answers,i will do that ,i am trying to get some more accounts this year so i am gonna try that...

Kennedy Landscaping
03-13-2009, 08:20 PM
I agree, stay away from the boxes, just take the extra steps and put them on the door.

TheLawnRangerLLC
03-13-2009, 11:32 PM
I just tried to get some flyers out and cheated by putting them on the post of the mail box, and the usps called me and said, you cannot,since 9/11, put anything on or around the mailbox...that goes for all states. It is just best to hand them on the door...guess that is why they are called door hangers.

tico2007br
03-14-2009, 03:20 PM
i was jus thinking to save some time but after you guys told me that i am gonna put on the door,that is why i like to ask here first you guys help the new ones a lot...
thanks

Proc's Lawncare
03-15-2009, 01:31 PM
Yes, you could have big problems, check this out... off the USPS website....

http://www.usps.com/communications/newsroom/localnews/ma/ma_2007_1106.htm