PDA

View Full Version : Help, rocks in grass!!

FIRSTGREEN
03-13-2009, 01:27 PM
Does anyone have a easy way, or prefered way, of removing rocks from grass areas in the spring from plow damage? I have quite a few accounts that consume alot of time in the spring. Ideas would be great. Thanks!:confused:

yardatwork
03-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Rake and elbow grease! Or a power broom attachment.

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping
03-13-2009, 03:41 PM
If its no too bad, I have used the blower to disperse the small stones throughout the turf.

Runner
03-13-2009, 08:46 PM
Powersweep is the only way to go. Nothing like it

Cuttinitclose
03-13-2009, 09:27 PM
Powersweep is the only way to go. Nothing like it

If you want to spend $400. Not me as of now.

Collegepro
03-14-2009, 01:50 AM
blow everything you can and pick up the big ones.....everyone has to deal that with every year it seams like and it sucks...I always get huge piles of sand...now thats no fun

kevin1370
03-14-2009, 08:39 AM
I have the same problem. I have about a 1/4 an acre that is covered in rocks. I have been experimenting with how to do it. Here is what I have found. Manards sells a cheap rake for about $5 that is almost all metal and it collapses to a shorter and more compact rake for storage. What I liked about it for this job is you can adjust the width of the steel tines, plus the narrower the width the stronger the tines get. This way you can adjust it down to the distance that works best for your size of gravel. I use that in combination with a heavy duty shop vac. I am running a generator where I can not reach with the extention cord. I have some teenage boys coming over today to finish the job. They need some money for prom. I bought three of those rakes and one came apart the other two are still working fine.

ExtExc
03-15-2009, 11:19 PM
rake and elbow grease, repeat, and repeat. it doubles as a thatching anyway,so thats good, but it does suck. learned my lesson last year, luckily a tent garage was removed so i could push the snow the other direction and do not have to do this coming up this spring at the property i am referring to.