PDA

View Full Version : Striping Kit Question/John Deere service awful

Ken Griffey Jr.
03-13-2009, 06:16 PM
I ordered a striping kit at a Deere dealer and they have never heard of one or put one on. I had alot of trouble ordering it and now when it came in they dont even know how to put it on or where it goes. They said they will have to call other deere dealers and ask for help. I pay them for there expert service and this is what I get. Can someone help me on how to put it on and where do you attach it. Thanks

Collegepro
03-13-2009, 06:58 PM
What mower are you putting this one.....exactly...I have one on my 07 757, and it works great and have never had a problem...and I can sorda work you through it...and I just recently bought a 657A quicktrak 54 inch deck...my 757 has a 60 inch deck...and they are putting a striper on that one also....I have taken mine off a few times...but that is just wild that they have no clue or never heard of that..because at our deere dealer they are amazing at what they do and know everything and have a good enough relationship to where they will let me just come in and watch and they do a lot of little things for free for me...so i have bad service..but I feel ya..let me know..

Ken Griffey Jr.
03-13-2009, 07:08 PM
520A 60inch deck. Really they had no clue what a striping kit is or where it supposed to go. How do you adjust the height of the striping kit

Collegepro
03-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Ok well it should be the same as mine...on my 757 id say..but its all by bolts...the height of it...id say havent look at in it a while but like 5 diff hieghts and you just take the bolts out and move them up or down...but basically all they do is take out the back 2 small plastic wheels...and then fit brackets where those wheels were and then after that not much and your ready to go...did they give you a manual of it..because everything ever sold should have a assembly book with it..id say screw em and do it yourself...shouldnt be to hard...and if you need you can call me and ill go look at mine and help you through it.

Ken Griffey Jr.
03-13-2009, 07:35 PM
The box came damaged with no manual. So does it attach to the mowing deck or behind the rear tires. The picture looks as though it attachs to the mowing deck but other striping kits such as scag look as though they go under the rear bumper.

mowerbrad
03-13-2009, 07:45 PM
I believe the Deere striping kit mounts to the back of the mowing deck. Some kits mount behind the rear wheels and others mount to the deck. This one should mount to the deck.

Ken Griffey Jr.
03-13-2009, 07:47 PM
Will I have to adust the height of the roller each time I adjust the height of my cut?

Collegepro
03-14-2009, 02:39 AM
It mounts on the back of the deck where the other 2 small plastic wheels were..Mine is one solid bar..it goes up and down with the deck, but will of course sit a little lower so it hits the grass to lay it down...I leave mine at the same height and leave it on all the time..never scrapes or anything unless its a big curb just go at a angle and youll be fine..these things are very hardy...and you wont tear anything up..at least that how it is on mine..they should have given you a manual....its pretty easy to adjust though...just i just leave mine the same all the time and leave it on always..havent had any problems yet.

Pennington Lawncare
03-14-2009, 09:53 AM
Surely it will come with some instructions. I wouldn't pay a dealer to put it on. Do it yourself and wait until it comes in before asking any more questions. It'll likely be self explanatory once you see it. Then again?

Pennington Lawncare
03-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Maybe the kit will look something like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350177916789&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123 I only hope it doesn't cost that much at every Deere dealer. It doesn't even have any of that expensive green paint on it.

mowerbrad
03-14-2009, 12:37 PM
If it didn't come with instructions either have your dealer get you one or call over to Deere and have them send you one. But honestly, it should be self explanitory to put on.

Collegepro
03-14-2009, 01:53 PM
not really, maybe hes never seen a kit like this before or its his first time with this mower hes just asking for advice and help...but like mowerbrad said..ask your dealer or call again make sure you get something to help ya