PDA

View Full Version : Started moving equipment for spring...what a pita!

nobagger
03-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Usually we're still under 2ft of snow but bare ground for a week or so. I decided to start getting some equipment ready and clean out my trailer so the guy who bought it can take it soon. What a freakin' mess. I never got to do any winterizing or clean up the equipment from fall. There is a nasty rotten leaf smell, we even had lunch left in bags sitting on the fender well. There is sh!t everywhere, I didnt remember it being this dirty and nasty, :hammerhead: New trailer will never get like this! (I think I said that about this one tho,lol)

jpp
03-13-2009, 06:56 PM
I am thinking about doing the same thing too. But move my plow stuff to the storage shed and bring the equipment back to house. I did not have to go out one time in February here for any snow or ice event. Although some guys did go for the little stuff that we got. If was funny seeing the lots after they put the salt down. It was just white from the salt and it had no effect on what we got. Pretty funny.

Sounds like you had a off year in N/W Pa for snow?

JP

nobagger
03-13-2009, 07:33 PM
I am thinking about doing the same thing too. But move my plow stuff to the storage shed and bring the equipment back to house. I did not have to go out one time in February here for any snow or ice event. Although some guys did go for the little stuff that we got. If was funny seeing the lots after they put the salt down. It was just white from the salt and it had no effect on what we got. Pretty funny.

Sounds like you had a off year in N/W Pa for snow?

JP

Winter....we were 7" from the all time record, what ever that is,lol. I think its like 150 inches or so. I was so sick of plowing and at the end of Feb. but it came to a sudden hault and it hasn't snowed since. I just hope at this point it doesn't snow any more.

Littleriver1
03-13-2009, 08:01 PM
It's been nice seeing everything clean I hate to take it out and get it dirty, but it will be nice to see some cash flow.

jpp
03-14-2009, 01:49 PM
Winter....we were 7" from the all time record, what ever that is,lol. I think its like 150 inches or so. I was so sick of plowing and at the end of Feb. but it came to a sudden hault and it hasn't snowed since. I just hope at this point it doesn't snow any more.

Heck you are that close you might as well go ahead and break the record. With the lake being back open for business it could happen.

JP

topsites
03-14-2009, 03:46 PM
And why, I know exactly what you mean...
LOL!

hahaha

The best part is when I go to use forced air (like a backpack blower or a compressed air nozzle),
to try and get that crap out of there, somehow I don't think I have to get specific here...

Yes, yes, good times.