PDA

View Full Version : anyone use a boxvan w/ dovetail or dropgate?

lcncapo1
03-13-2009, 07:25 PM
just bought a boxvan that i want to build a dropgate for. has anyone done this before that has pics or advice on the build. i am thinking that i need a 12' ramp(split into 2 foldable 6' sections). im planning on welding it with my mig welder. just looking for outside ideas to tweak my design. haven't decided whether to add a dovetail or not. all help is appreciated. thanks guys!

Lawn-Guy
03-13-2009, 09:08 PM
you could set it up similiar to a uhaul truck were the ramps slide into/under the box just have 2 instead of one you should be able to get the ramps used from any local moving company or do something and get a hydro pump to help with lifting of a folding ramp

yard_dawg
03-13-2009, 10:15 PM
have a 18' foot box truck with a 5' dove tali and split drive on ramps. it gets me at least 2 more yards a day than when i was pulling a truck and trailer

lcncapo1
03-23-2009, 09:42 PM
do you have anypicsof that dovetail setup? did u make this yourself or did u have it fabricated for you? what were your costs involved?

yard_dawg
03-23-2009, 10:05 PM
sorry no pic. had it put on in nashville tn. they took my tommy lift off and insall the dove tail with split lift ramps for 3 grand