PDA

View Full Version : 1st post here dixon mower ?

woodman55
03-13-2009, 08:41 PM
Hey guys
New member and wanted your opinions on an opportunity to pick up a pair of dixon speed 36" that are 05's. They were owned by a municipality and were only used to maintain the local cemetary so the maintenance was obviously performed. They have the normal wear an tear that an 05 would have but are in pretty good shape. I can get em for a grand a piece but am not very familiar with this model or even the dixon line as there is no dealer nearby. Any help is appreciated on these mowers.

ambersLawnmowing
03-13-2009, 10:15 PM
They got a bad name because of the older ones have the cones in them that wore out all the time. Today dixon is there, but are they really? I drove one last year before buying a new mower and i dont think they are priced right for what they are. They are priced like a Great mower when infact they are not that good. I didnt like the cut, and they seemed SLOW. But for a $1000 bucks, if they arent all bash in and seem to have alittle life left in them, yeah seems like a fair price for a used one.

lifetree
03-13-2009, 11:07 PM
... I didnt like the cut, and they seemed SLOW. ...

I have to disagree ... the Dixon commerical line of mowers is every bit as commercial as the others !! I have a 2006 Dixon RAM MAGE 50" and the cut on it is great. Possibly you were speaking of their residential mowersa like the Speed ZTR series ??

woodman55
03-14-2009, 08:58 AM
Does anyone know where the speed series falls? commercial or estate?

kaferhaus
03-14-2009, 09:46 AM
The Dixon's may be fine. I've just never been impressed with them.

If they're not worn out they should give you a few years of service yet. Have you tested them?

See if they'll let you cut some grass with one.

woodman55
03-14-2009, 10:37 AM
The Dixon's may be fine. I've just never been impressed with them.

If they're not worn out they should give you a few years of service yet. Have you tested them?

See if they'll let you cut some grass with one.

No they are trade ins at a dealer that I by all my stihl equipment from so they will be gone through and I can obviously test them.

LindblomRJ
03-14-2009, 11:39 AM
Does anyone know where the speed series falls? commercial or estate?

http://www.dixon-ztr.com/node2360.aspx?nid=16676

That should answer some questions.

Jason Rose
03-14-2009, 11:51 AM
The "speed" series machines are RESIDENTIAL mowers. And they show it. For $1,000 each, that's probably all they are worth.

grasschopperofchicago
03-14-2009, 01:19 PM
I have to disagree ... the Dixon commerical line of mowers is every bit as commercial as the others !! I have a 2006 Dixon RAM MAGE 50" and the cut on it is great. Possibly you were speaking of their residential mowersa like the Speed ZTR series ??

Hey Life
How are you today?...How do you like that Quick 36 Dually?...Any complaints or praises?

lawnpro724
03-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Dixon speed series mowers are residential mower and will not hold up to commercial mowing for very long. If you want Dixon buy their commercial line of mowers there decent and you can get them for a good price since most of their parts are made in China.