PDA

View Full Version : I need advice trying to start out

simonisthefknman
03-13-2009, 11:23 PM
B/s intro you can skip to the next paragraph to get to the main point

Ok so heres the deal.. im 17 and have been workin in a furniture factory for almost 4 yrs now.. I have about $2000 right now in my bank account, which for how long ive been working isnt ****, but i also have a newer car motorcycle and a few little dirtbikes and things like that so yeaa i dont have much money but I have many things. Alright well let me get to the point, I worked my way up in my current job and Im at the highest position under management and want to start bigger and better things. I want to start a lawn care business and evolve into a full landscapping company. I am lookin at buying all of my equipment and a trailer, and then worrying about a car b/c I could use my dads truck for now.

Im looking at a package deal and the guy said to make an offer. its for the following
-KUTTER 48" COMMERCIAL LAWNMOWER
-LITTLE WONDER EDGER
-5.5 PUSH BEHIND BLOWER
-stihl BR550 BACK PACK LEAF BLOWER

I have no clue how much to offer, I dont want to offer more than its worth, but i alos dont want him to think im trying to rip him off. All of the equipment is used but in good shape.

Im just looking for some advice in general, I have a stihl weedwacker, and a husqvarna push mower so im thinking if i buy the stuff above i should be somewhat good for a while. Lastly has anybody used that lawncaresucess program, and how is it. Ive seen many of these online but havent decided if its worth the money. Keep in mind im still young

simonisthefknman
03-13-2009, 11:29 PM
Wanted to also ask, is a 48" mower to big for residential homes? I also have a little push mower so I planed on using both. And with advertising, I planned on making about 5000 door hangers and ditributing them around some neighborhoods, any better ideas? I really am open to any suggestions and critism. I really want to make this work and Im trying to do my homework on it.

ambersLawnmowing
03-14-2009, 02:31 AM
Dont buy athing without an Customers. Get some money with the push mower and trimmer and then Buy what you want. You can have as much equipment as you want but it is usless without work. As for making him and offer on his stuff. Offer him $600 for it, he says no then tell him to give you a price. I hate people that say give me an offer, all they want is an offer more then what they would ask for it. So start low if you think you really need the stuff and go from there, dont tell him what you have to spend.

WeCare-LawnCare
03-14-2009, 08:43 AM
I'd say, start small, and work up to needing such equipment. Get some customers using what you have, and go from there. You need a blower, so just offer to buy the blower. 48" is nice, but in my area, it's to big for most home jobs. Offer low, he may surprise you and agree to it, as you can up your offer later. Good Luck !!