PDA

View Full Version : another stupid question ....

Maximuslion
03-14-2009, 12:28 AM
i see alot of people using 32-48 walk behind mowers................how do you get these machines in the back yard ? when i take my 21" into my own back yard , it takes up all the space through the fence door. does everyone have a 21" or am i missing something ?:confused:

Jason Rose
03-14-2009, 01:30 AM
Because every property everywhere has the same small gate your house has?

I find it rare that I can't fit at least a 36" into a back yard, and usually, even a fenced yard has a 48" gate. And then there's the others that have 8 foot++ double gates that you can drive a truck into if necessary...

To answer how you get a 36" mower into a 22" gate, lift weights, use some 'roids. In 6 months or so you should be pumped enough to pick up the machine over your head and carry it over the fence :laugh:

ambersLawnmowing
03-14-2009, 01:38 AM
Because every property everywhere has the same small gate your house has?

I find it rare that I can't fit at least a 36" into a back yard, and usually, even a fenced yard has a 48" gate. And then there's the others that have 8 foot++ double gates that you can drive a truck into if necessary...

To answer how you get a 36" mower into a 22" gate, lift weights, use some 'roids. In 6 months or so you should be pumped enough to pick up the machine over your head and carry it over the fence :laugh:

LOL, I have my wife pick mine up and drop into the back yard. I am a wimp so i cant carry much over my head.LOL I havent seen too many yards that i couldnt fit a 36" but i am sure now that i said that i will get a call for one. Dont gates have to be atleast 32/36 wide? for a city code? Not sure i hate fences..

albhb3
03-14-2009, 01:38 AM
^^ thats how i do it oh and i pick it up over my head with the blades spinning its a good breeze and yes i am one with a 12Ft gate

Maximuslion
03-14-2009, 01:45 AM
yea , it all makes sense now ! let me be a bit more clear .... i'm refering to residential lots. 50' foot lots here in houston. Backyard gates aren't 8 foot wide here. Maybe out in the country but not here where houses are built only a few feet apart. I only see big 32"-48" machines. i never see any 21's. anyways , just wondering.

albhb3
03-14-2009, 01:54 AM
oh trust me i live no where near the country anymore but i understand where you are comming from I would think that there is a city code for that. Maybe your the only one that gets the yards with small fences if you cant get it through you may have to tell your customers that youll have to reaise the price because of it.