PDA

View Full Version : Added a job search to my site

FIMCO-MEISTER
03-14-2009, 07:11 AM
I added a job search area to my site. Brings up a lot of available jobs. Take heart fellow irrigators THE WORLD STILL NEEDS US!

Since I'm a full disclosure kind of guy I am getting paid for the links. I have no idea how much or if it is worthwhile

Wet_Boots
03-14-2009, 10:16 AM
I added a job search area to my site. Brings up a lot of available jobs. Take heart fellow irrigators THE WORLD STILL NEEDS US!......to go to Phish reunion concerts and tequila benders.

Mike Leary
03-14-2009, 11:14 AM
I added a job search area to my site. Brings up a lot of available jobs.

Too much drug testing, weeds me out. :dizzy:

Wet_Boots
03-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Too much drug testing, weeds me out. :dizzy:Urine for trouble....

FIMCO-MEISTER
03-16-2009, 07:07 AM
FYI
I'm studying GOOGLE for revenue potential. So I started advertising and I am trying to get GOOGLE okay to place advertising but in the meantime I placed INDEED a job search site. Job search site revenue .06
GOOGLE AD expense 8.98
You have to figure GOOGLE is going to make more for charging for advertising than for paying people for advertising. Figuring out the GOOGLE revenue stream seems to be a cottage industry. Best way to make money at it? I HAVE NOT FALLEN TO THIS BECAUSE I KNOW THE PATTERN but selling people "secrets" to making lots of money with google advertising. If it walks like a duck........... smells like a PONZI scheme in some ways.

Have you noticed the long one page ads promising INTERNET millions? Well I got the lowdown on them from my savvy nephew. Another PONZI scheme under the disguise of multi level marketing. I'm going to post one of the more successful ads but I WANT EVERYBODY TO PROMISE ME YOU WILL NOT CLICK ON ANYTHING OR REWARD THESE PEOPLE! I'm just trying to provide a public service. These are frustrating times but never downplay having a skill or trade. A trade will last a lifetime and build great relationships with people. Multi/Ponzis run their course very fast and destroy relationships with people.

Forgot the link. Why is this one successful?
http://www.annmclaren.com/

Also here is a site my daughter introduced me to some might find good reading.

http://mashable.com/

Kiril
03-16-2009, 10:07 AM
I despise SEO vultures.

FIMCO-MEISTER
03-16-2009, 10:19 AM
SEO means?

Kiril
03-16-2009, 10:22 AM
SEO means?

Search Engine Optimization

All those sites you see nothing more than links, especially when you are going through old bookmarks .... domains snatched up by the SEO vultures.

FIMCO-MEISTER
03-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Search Engine Optimization

All those sites you see nothing more than links, especially when you are going through old bookmarks .... domains snatched up by the SEO vultures.

Let me know when I become something akin to that. I'm trying to be as legitimate as I can and not look like I'm trying to fetch an easy buck.

DanaMac
03-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Well you've already started by having the big long ad list on your page. Nothing wrong with trying to make an extra buck or two. My GF does it as well on recent and past sites. she has google ads at the bottom of her handmade soap (http://aspenapothecary.com/) website.

Kiril
03-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Let me know when I become something akin to that. I'm trying to be as legitimate as I can and not look like I'm trying to fetch an easy buck.

Trust me, you are a far cry from those sites. Those people are basically domain squatting, but get away with it by posting back links to sites they have "optimized".

FIMCO-MEISTER
03-16-2009, 10:32 AM
Well you've already started by having the big long ad list on your page. Nothing wrong with trying to make an extra buck or two. My GF does it as well on recent and past sites. she has google ads at the bottom of her handmade soap (http://aspenapothecary.com/) website.

My daughter redid the page and moved it over there. I'm not real wild about it but she said we needed to modify to get google adsense approved. After we get google adsense then I'm moving the ads to the bottom. I'd rather let contractors advertise there.