PDA

View Full Version : Hydro line removal

Jayson_109
03-14-2009, 10:37 AM
Wright service team, or any others with the knowledge of this,

Working on my 2004 stander to remove the hydraulic line with a bad coupling link that drips slowly. Just seems to be even more of a problem taking the thing off! I believe its a metric size, but there is like no room what- so -ever. I'm removing the one closet to the upright frame on the right side. The I was able to remove the one on the left side of the pump for more clearance but there is totally not enough room for a normal wrench to fit in there. Any special tools or free advice for the mind blowing issue???
Thanks in advance!

Jayson_109
03-14-2009, 10:39 AM
Would I be getting into too much of the pump if I removed the top cover of the pump?? The connection for the hose is in this and should allow me to get a better angle on the hose.
Thanks for any suggestions.

WrightCommercial
03-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Jayson 109,

A full size wrench will sometimes require things to line up perfectly depending on how the hose fitting tightened up. The best thing would be to use a stubby wrench and tap it loose with a hammer. There is not alot of torque involved in the setup so it should pop loose with not a lot of force. Once broke loose it can be removed by hand. You should avoid removing the top cap of the pump as the chance of contamination is to great and it is actually harder to break the hose loose while trying to hold the cap.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg. Service Dept.

pugs
03-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Crows feet work well.

Jayson_109
03-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the help! Much appreciated.