PDA

View Full Version : Pull Core Aerator on WB

gmanlq
03-14-2009, 12:03 PM
I hate renting core aerators as they are such a physical drain after a few lawns. Tried doing 6 lawns last year by myself and cramped up in the parking lot when returning it. It was not pretty. Buying one isn't feasible for the number of lawns I aerate right now.

So I love the idea of pulling a core aerator attachment like you can do on riding mowers but don't want to buy a riding mower as the hills make it a bit dangerous in my area, plus the riders are heavier and bigger so trailer space could be an issue. I'm hoping somebody out there has created their own solution that I can see and try to duplicate with my Exmark Turf Tracer HP 36" mower. I'm adding the Velke X2 sulky this year so the aerator will need to be behind that.

I've seen a front aerator solution from Lesco but it's not a core aerator like I want.

I know safety is an issue but I'm willing to assume that risk as I don't step backward's often and really wouldn't do that with an aerator behind me. No dealer that I know of has a solution and for legal purposes probably wouldn't offer it anyway.

I've looked at the Wright Standers but I don't know of a core aerator solution for those mowers either.

If you can please provide price, specs. and/or pics. if you have a solution.

Thanks.

WHIPPLE5.7
03-14-2009, 12:21 PM
I'm actually working on a project for the same problem except my problem to to cover more area faster. I own a Ryan WB and it is way slow and small for bigger places. I'm using a pull type areator and welding up a mount system to put in under the washers on the castor wheels(outfront mounted) of my Quick 36 and have a handle to raise and lower it. I won't be able make corners with it but a quick lift of the handle for a corner and back down it goes. It should work but I'll post pics when I'm finished.

LindblomRJ
03-14-2009, 12:54 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=224141

Check this thread out.