PDA

View Full Version : Redhawk 36" hydro

lawnpro724
03-14-2009, 03:31 PM
I have picked up a few new lawns that are to big for my 21" prolines and my 48" Toro walkbehind wont fit. I need to find a decent 36" mower but don't want to spend the money to buy another Toro walk behind just for a couple lawns. I have done my research on Redhawk and it seems they are a decent mower for the money. www.landscaperpro.com has a 36" hydro Redhawk for $2350.00 which seems like a very good deal to me. I have seen the Redhawk mowers up close and they seem built very well. This mower isn't going to see heavy use although it looks like it could handle it but I will leave that to my Toro's. I have pretty well made up my mind to buy one but would like to know how they mulch since I will be mulching the lawns that I will be using this mower for. Thanks for the replies.

and for all you BOP lovers, I'm glad you like your mower but I'm not interested. I would like replies from Redhawk owers or people who have had experience with them.

Scagguy
03-14-2009, 03:46 PM
I'd buy a used Toro or Exmark before I would give a dime to the Chinese. Just my .02

lawnpro724
03-14-2009, 04:00 PM
I'd buy a used Toro or Exmark before I would give a dime to the Chinese. Just my .02

So your going to get rid of your computer, TV, DVD player,pots and pans, plates, almost all of your electronics. Oh I forgot to mention bedding, clothes anything plastic and almost all of your kids toys so many things I couldn't mention them all if I had a year to do so. According to a recent survey only about 20% of the things the average American buys are still made in this country. So unless your willing to do without a lot of things in your life your already buying Chinese. I would love to buy everything American but in this day any age its not possible. I am and have been a Toro loyalist for many years but just can't justify buying another Toro for a couple lawns. You say buy used but I don't want to spend money on repairing someone else s problems. Redhawk mowers are assembled here is the U.S.A but the frames, decks are made in China. They are a very solid mower from the looks of them.

Scagguy
03-14-2009, 04:07 PM
You're right. I should have said " I'd buy a used Toro or Exmark before I would give another dime to the Chinese that I didn't have to". I've seen them, they appear to be built fairly well. Still, I would check the ads, craigslist, newspapers, etc. You might just find a really good deal on a used Toro.

lawnpro724
03-14-2009, 04:59 PM
Does anyone mulch with this mower? How does it do?

jlawnman
03-14-2009, 05:44 PM
Redhawks, like most of the welded deck wb's don't mulch all that well... If you're doing a lot of mulching, get a machine that's designed to mulch... The Toro's are better. I don't mulch. Also... the redhawk has a large open area in front of the blades. This allows the clippings to disperse all around under the deck. Use gator blades and the clippings shooting out the deck will dissappear in the lawn...

huskres
03-14-2009, 08:21 PM
Why not find a used Scag or Toro or Exmark for 1500ish and call it good.

Mowingman
03-14-2009, 09:02 PM
I think they are really built in China. I saw a promotional video one time that showed the plant in China, and they were being assembled there. They probably put the decals on over here, so they can claim they were assembled in the U.S.A.

lifetree
03-14-2009, 10:01 PM
... and for all you BOP lovers, I'm glad you like your mower but I'm not interested. ...

Well, you anticipated my input ... congratulations !! But BOP is having a sale right now on the dual drive 36" WB's.

DT Lawn Care
03-14-2009, 11:20 PM
I would try to find a used, name brand 36" with low hours on it. There's a reason that Redhawks are that cheap.

newtex
03-14-2009, 11:30 PM
Find a used walkbehind. I found a four year old Gravely Pro 150 that had relatively low hours for $800. The farmer I bought it from purchased a rider to do his yard with instead. I found a BP 36'' with 26 hours on it for $1400 last fall. You can find something that is a dependable product for $1600 or less.

MileHigh
03-14-2009, 11:55 PM
redhawk = Chinese Made Crap.

at least but American made when you have an option...look at this economy guy.

ricky86
03-15-2009, 02:01 AM
I don't care were they are made. Could be the worse mower available.

lawnboy2068
03-15-2009, 09:12 AM
A local dealer of mine sells these things. They look well built and are inexpensive but you get what you pay for. At any time he will have just as many in for repair as he has new. They are cheep, use the cheaper generic parts, they don't use grade 8 nuts or bolts and their decks will crack.
Now, I have never run one but I can give an opinion of what I see and what his head repair man says about them.

Spend your money elsewhere.

James

nbuzz
03-20-2009, 02:36 AM
A local dealer of mine sells these things. They look well built and are inexpensive but you get what you pay for. At any time he will have just as many in for repair as he has new. They are cheep, use the cheaper generic parts, they don't use grade 8 nuts or bolts and their decks will crack.
Now, I have never run one but I can give an opinion of what I see and what his head repair man says about them.

Spend your money elsewhere.

James

i second this..

I demoed one from a local dealer, nothing fancy. it cuts grass but didnt stripe that well, controls are decent. it works, right? well the next morning I went to return it and tell my dealer i'll think about it; end up talking to another LCO who had bought two of them, he was at the dealer for the 9th time that year. he hates them, he told me he'd never buy them again. needless to say, I bought another bobcat.

I know you prolly didnt want to hear this, but i hope it helps.

Paul's LC
03-20-2009, 05:30 PM
yah things arent lookin to good for buying one. noones really said anything good about them. probly not a good sign. But i hate to tell you id go with a quick36 in this situation. their a great price and VALUE and alot of people have good things to say about them.

lifetree
03-20-2009, 08:35 PM
Well, you anticipated my input ... congratulations !! But BOP is having a sale right now on the dual drive 36" WB's.

yah things arent lookin to good for buying one. noones really said anything good about them. probly not a good sign. But i hate to tell you id go with a quick 36 in this situation. their a great price and VALUE and alot of people have good things to say about them.

LMAO ... LMAO ... at least I'm not the one that told you to buy a Quick 36" from BOP !! However, since the machine you want would be used for small & tight areas, I would go with the BOP 32" Dually.