PDA

View Full Version : Might be a silly question?

ubirajara83
03-14-2009, 03:54 PM
Ok I just bought barricade and Im looking to mix it up with roundup quickpro. Now I dont know how much to add the barricade by the gallon it only tells me by the sqft. Has anyone done this before that can tell me how much to mix barricade by the gallon. Or should i just spray a gallon of water to see how much it covers.

TMlawncare
03-14-2009, 10:13 PM
If you are not licensed in your state, the only lawn you can that on is your own.

IntegrityGuy
03-14-2009, 10:28 PM
If you are not licensed in your state, the only lawn you can that on is your own.

Hey if its bought from lowes or home depot, your in good shape. dont listen to these goons. There just mad your taking their buisness.

grandview (2006)
03-14-2009, 10:31 PM
Hey if its bought from lowes or home depot, your in good shape. dont listen to these goons. There just mad your taking their buisness.

If you do it for money you need the license and FLA is worst then NY for not having one.Even if you buy it at HD or Lowes.

DLCS
03-14-2009, 10:35 PM

Once again you don't think before you type.

ubirajara83
03-14-2009, 11:44 PM
Hey no fighting. My question was still not answered. I never asked if i needed a license

Whitey4
03-14-2009, 11:50 PM

You need to change your screen name. You think it's OK to break the law, reduce overhead and then compete with legal pesticide companies? And then accuse legal applicators of being goons? You are both ignorant, a law breaker, and then didn't even know enough about pesticides to comment on the original question. You think you can apply anything sold at retail to a customer property? You are a hack, a deadbeat, and you even try to spout off to others telling them to do what you apparently do. People like you are the reason control products get taken off the market. Oh, and dillweed, there is not the same word as their. But the correct word would have been "they are". You can't spell either. Illiterate moron.

As to the OP, why in the world would you mix barricade, a selective pre emergent herbicide that has a long residual, with Roundup, a non-selective herbicide?

You want to kill everything and have some residual pre-emergent germination barrier for weeds? This makes little sense. There are products for gravel driveways, if that is the sort of thing you want to treat.

ubirajara83
03-14-2009, 11:57 PM
Its for my plant bed at my own house. Its in a wet areas and I get way too much weeds. Im trying to kill and prevent weeds from coming in.

Whitey4
03-15-2009, 12:15 AM
OK... I take it there are weeds there now... I'm in NY, and FL is a totally different animal. I would just ttreat the existing weeds with Roundup, and use something like Preen for beds. Preen will likely prevent a much wider variety of weeds from germinating than Barricade will. I've never attempted to use Barricade in a bed. It might not be friendly to any new plants you might want to add for summer color, while Preen is formulated specifically for beds, and won't harm new plants out of pots or flats.

Barricade is a turf product. Preen is a garden product. Barricade may not be mixable with Roundup. The Roundup-Preen combo is quite safe and effective. If you insist on doing a mix of these two products, I would suggest calling the manufacturer of the Barricade product you want to use. I would have no clue as to how to mix them, or even if it would be safe, nevermind effective.

ubirajara83
03-15-2009, 12:35 AM
Well I bought it from a fertilizer place and he recommended that to mix it with round up.

Whitey4
03-15-2009, 01:17 AM
Well I bought it from a fertilizer place and he recommended that to mix it with round up.

If it isn't on the label or the MSDS, be careful. if you cannot find something other than this "fertilizer guy's" suggestion, at least apply the products seperatley, not mixed.

Roundup only works by being absorbed through the leaves of plants. Barricade only works when it is watered into the soil. Right there, it's clear.... these products should NOT be mixed. One works through leaf absorption, and needs to stay on the leaves. The other must get into the soil, the root zone and be watered in.

If you water it in so the barricade will work, you will wash the Roundup off the leaves. If you don't water in the barricade, it won't work very well.

The guy that told you to mix them is as stupid as "IntegrityGuy".

Read the labels. Not only are they the law, they will tell you how the product should be mixed and applied.