PDA

View Full Version : Woods Mower

Lawn Man
03-14-2009, 06:21 PM
Hey guys, I just found a used Woods mower for $2,900 that has a kohler engine, 800 hours and a 60" deck. Have any of you had experience with Woods? If so was it good or Bad? Is this a good price?
Thanks,
Luke

Mowingman
03-14-2009, 06:50 PM
How good or bad it is, depends on who made it, and how it has been cared for. Woods does not make any of their own mowers. They are all built under contract by other companies, and they change companies every 3 or 4 years.
If it is a front-deck, it could be a Grasshopper, Encore, or Gravely even. If it is a midmount, it could be a Gravely, or a Bobcat, or who knows what.
So, who knows what you are really getting there. One thing for sure, it can make parts hard to get, with them changing manufacturers every so often.
I would probably pass, unless you can identify what company actually built this machine for Wods. Post a photo here, and someone will probably be able to identify it.

ECO Landscaping
03-15-2009, 12:46 AM
I have two Woods mowen machines both front mounts from the early 90's. There are both very nice mowers E/Z to work on and to get parts, same as Grasshopper but orange. Try to get the 700 series pumps or newer. I've tried lots of mowers, John Deere 757 7H17,CubCadet M60, Scag, but I keep going back to Woods and Grasshopper front mounts prtialy becouse of the attatchments you can put on these units. I like equiment that can multitask:weightlifter:.IMO

Good luck

Sammy
03-15-2009, 06:45 AM
Model number would also help.