PDA

View Full Version : New Truck

JustaGlimpseLandscapeMntc
03-14-2009, 06:56 PM
I've been working with friends for the past few years, but their lack of quality has been driving me crazy, so I decided to take over this year. We used my buddy's truck, so I decided to look for a truck on my own. Ended up driving to VT, but got a pretty good deal. 2000 Chevy 3500 Crew Cab Dually, 7.4L (290 HP, 410 Ft/Lbs.), 4.10 rear (definitely built for towing), 80,000 miles. Wasn't quite looking for such a big truck, but one of my buddies talked me into it. Going to pick it up Wednesday or Friday. Pretty excited, except for paying for the gas, expecting about 8-10 MPG from what I've read.

If anyone's in the market for a truck in or around the southern VT area, I'd definitely recommend Mark's Motors in Brattleboro. They're a wholesale dealer that sells to retail dealers, but they also do some retail sales at some nice discounts.

Kennedy Landscaping
03-14-2009, 06:59 PM
Looks like a good truck, good luck with it. Be sure to get some interior pictures as well!

03-14-2009, 07:01 PM
Looks like a good truck, good luck with it. Be sure to get some interior pictures as well!

Here's one from the back seat, much better than my buddy's extended cab Colorado, used to hate when it was my turn to sit in the back haha...of course, the one that owned the truck was the smallest of all of us, usually how it works.

riverwalklandscaping
03-14-2009, 08:08 PM
you stole a truck from my state... 8-10 if your lucky :dizzy: I get about 5 or 6 winter 6 or 7 summer with my V10.. towing/plowing about 4 to 5

huskres
03-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Whatd ya pay for it?

03-14-2009, 08:47 PM
Whatd ya pay for it?

$8,500, NADA of $11,500...the benefits of buying from a wholesale dealer...they sell lower because the retail dealer does all the detailing and such. a couple small paint scratches to touch up and gotta replace the seal on the rear window, roll in a bed liner and spray some undercoating before next winter (underbody's virtually rust free surprisingly), but they're replacing a door handle and a side mirror and threw on all new tires...can't complain. been shopping around for a while, trying to stay below $10k, just takes a little patience. drove a '98 w/o the dually and ended up running outta gas on a main city road because the gas gauge didnt work...needless to say, i didn't buy from that dealer.

TXNSLighting
03-14-2009, 10:38 PM
I wouldnt expect 8-10 out of it. Great looking truck tho! hate to say but the price sounds a bit high to me.

03-15-2009, 12:05 AM
I wouldnt expect 8-10 out of it. Great looking truck tho! hate to say but the price sounds a bit high to me.

I've been searching for months, finding a truck around here with less than 100k for a reasonable price is a project and a half, so I'm pretty content with it. The same dealer was trying to sell a truck (gas) with 177k on it for $5k, another wanted $8k for one with 176k, Chevy's apparently hold their value pretty well, as the one for $8k was priced under the NADA value. Every time I found one reasonably priced, it was gone within a day or two.

You have to consider the cost of living difference between NY and TX as well, plus the rust factor up here from winters, hard to find one at a reasonable price with minimal rust.

Lakewlc
03-15-2009, 08:46 AM
good lookin truck

DLAWNS
03-15-2009, 09:42 AM
Nice truck dude!

kps2389
03-15-2009, 03:40 PM
$8,500, NADA of $11,500...the benefits of buying from a wholesale dealer...they sell lower because the retail dealer does all the detailing and such. a couple small paint scratches to touch up and gotta replace the seal on the rear window, roll in a bed liner and spray some undercoating before next winter (underbody's virtually rust free surprisingly), but they're replacing a door handle and a side mirror and threw on all new tires...can't complain. been shopping around for a while, trying to stay below $10k, just takes a little patience. drove a '98 w/o the dually and ended up running outta gas on a main city road because the gas gauge didnt work...needless to say, i didn't buy from that dealer.

The NADA, KBB, Galves don't really mean that much the way the economy is. You say you got it $3000 under book value but I don't think there is anywhere in the country right know that you could sell it for book value. Basically what I'm saying is it's only worth what someone will pay and no one is going to pay "book value". Other than that its a nice truck good luck with it.

03-15-2009, 04:21 PM
The NADA, KBB, Galves don't really mean that much the way the economy is. You say you got it $3000 under book value but I don't think there is anywhere in the country right know that you could sell it for book value. Basically what I'm saying is it's only worth what someone will pay and no one is going to pay "book value". Other than that its a nice truck good luck with it.

haha i love how people on here go out of their way to argue about anything...thanks for the lesson in economics tho. unfortunately, i minored in economics, so i'm more than aware of how supply and demand work. just threw that in there to put it in perspective. either way...i don't plan on selling it anytime soon...i bought it to use and im more than content with the price, hard to find a solid truck for under 12-13k here, which is why i bought out of state. itll more than pay for itself...and thats all that matters.

Jusmowin
03-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Very nice truck, I wish I could find something like that in my area at that price.

03-20-2009, 12:09 PM
So, just a little update about this whole situation, as it has turned into a nightmare. I put a deposit on the truck on 3/13 and was told by the salesman that they were going to fix the drivers door handle and the passenger side exterior mirror, and that I should pick it up the following week. He said he would call me the following Monday about picking it up, as it would be fixed by then. He didn't, so I called him Wednesday to see about coming to pick it up. He told me that the mirror wasn't fixed and that he would call me back in an hour. I tried to call him a few hours later and he was not there, eventually he returned my call around 7PM and told me that the truck was ready. So, I called them back Thursday and let them know that I was coming on Friday. They called me today (Friday) to tell me that the truck wasn't done yet :dizzy:, although they already told me it was done. So I decided I would go next Monday, so I called them and told them and they said that they would prefer I come on Tuesday, but I told them I was coming Monday, as I want to get this little circus show over with. So I just checked my voicemail a couple minutes ago and I got a call from the owner of the dealership saying that it is past the expected delivery date and that if I don't pick it up by tomorrow at 5PM that they were going to sell it to somebody else, as they already had a buyer lined up. I tried to call him back like 2 minutes later and the salesman said the owner wasn't there and that he was with a customer and then hung up on me.

I take back what I said, I wouldn't recommend anyone buy anything from Mark's Motors in VT. They're friendly salesmen, but deceptive as hell. Not worth the money savings.

Sorry, had to rant, been dealing with this for days.:hammerhead: