PDA

View Full Version : What should I do about Moles?

Self_Paid1
03-14-2009, 08:02 PM
What should I do about Moles? Any suggestions about moles or castor plant or any suggestions

lawnfreak09
03-14-2009, 08:06 PM
they have a stick that you put in the ground that you can buy at lowes

Self_Paid1
03-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Do they work what's the name of them also thanks in advance

Grassman6
03-15-2009, 12:08 AM
Find a landscape supply dealer and ask for Talpirid mole treatment. Cut 2 of these "worms" in half and install in four active tunnels with a hand spade/trowel. No more moles!

SNAPPER MAN
03-15-2009, 12:52 AM
Have you not seen Caddyshack?? Just get yourself some C4 plastic explosives and shape it into the form of a squirrel and put it in the tunnel. Get a safe distance away and watch the show.

Think Green
03-15-2009, 02:31 AM
As you are sure it is moles, you can try the Talpirid worms. You can also go to ACE Hardware and purchase a knock-off version of this product. The cost is somewhere like 20.00 for 10-12 worms. Read the label on installation.
Moles are Hemophilliacs, so let your mind wonder about things to put down into the holes. They are blind also and go by sound and smell........ So, What will make them bleed?

White Gardens
03-15-2009, 02:40 AM
If you've got a free weekend.....

Get a lawn chair....

A good shovel and bulb fork....

A six-pack to hone your skills.....

Watch for moving hills and take a whack at them.

ricky86
03-15-2009, 02:56 AM
Above is the most effective method. You have to watch them alittle while to see which are the active tunnels. Wack the or trap them. They are not dumb by any means. Then kill the grubs they feed on.

David Haggerty
03-15-2009, 08:21 AM
This is what your customer can purchase at Lowes;http://www.tomcatbrand.com/mole_control/1-mole-control-overview

You're not licensed to apply it. It is legal for a homeowner to use it on their own property.

Runner
03-15-2009, 10:17 AM
Wisest post on this whole thread ^.

integrityman
03-15-2009, 10:32 AM
Self -
Do a "mole" or "mole problem" search in this forum. There a number of threads started you may find helpful......

Good luck to you. Moles are a very resourseful creature.

johnsonslawnmanagement
03-15-2009, 10:44 AM
You should treat the lawn for grubs. Lowes sells grub ex and many other granular products. Kill the grubs, no more moles!

integrityman
03-15-2009, 10:58 AM
You should treat the lawn for grubs. Lowes sells grub ex and many other granular products. Kill the grubs, no more moles!

Grub Ex will help some.........A lot of the "mole literature" suggests that moles are primarily after earthworms......Not sure if BrubEx etc. will exterminate earthworms.....I attached a website that may be helpfull. I think a combination of Talpirid and mole trapping devices may be the most effective.

http://ohioline.osu.edu/w-fact/0011.html

SouthSide Cutter
03-15-2009, 12:11 PM
Get on the Ol Internet and check out the Easy Set trap. Dont have to worry about anything posion then. Best trap Ive ever used. You just put it on the run and step on it. They are about 30-35 apiece.
Treated my lawn with the Bayer stuff from Lowes. Kept them out all year.
Just checked my yard and one came off neighbor and went clean around my yard 2 acers and up the side of the drive. The old saying is they wont go 10ft where there aint grubs they will turn around and go back.