PDA

View Full Version : Lawngrips

SamTheLawnMan
03-14-2009, 10:02 PM
Lawngrips for me ...finally..
How do they hold up??
For the LCO's that use them, how about some feedback??

Turf Dawg
03-14-2009, 10:50 PM
I had a pair and loved them, but they did not last very long. I think they started seperating from the soles at about 5 months. I might give them another try though, just because they were so comfortable.

dbroken64
03-14-2009, 10:54 PM
I have some that I am going on my 3rd year using and they are just starting to leak a little. They are well worth the money....Just my 2 cents.

macaw
03-15-2009, 10:41 AM
I have been wearing them for 4 years. I go though about 1 pair a year. There is hardly no break in time. They are so comfortable me and the wife ware them just about everywhere.

Right Touch
03-15-2009, 12:06 PM
i bought one pair two years ago in the spring and the sole separated after only a couple months. I called them and they sent me a brand new pair free. Then those did the same thing. Maybe it was an isolated incident but after the second time i went the kmart and bought a pair of $20 boots and they lasted me the rest of that year, last year, and I am still wearing them today. Also, They advertise to be very slip resistent, which they are to a point, but i was using them with my 36 wb and a catch full of wet grass, tried to pull backwards to turn, and slipped on dog poo, i fell and my foot almost went under the deck- so they arent the end all of boots in my opinion.

grassman177
03-15-2009, 07:03 PM
no, they dont last, been there done that. never again for that money

grass-scapes
03-15-2009, 08:42 PM
I buy a pair of Red Wing waterproof high top boots every yearor two. Soles wear out after about 6 months so I switch to another pair and resole the others at 50 bucks each time. I can resole 3 times before the upper wears out. They are high....just went up to 199.00. When I found them, they were 159.99 I have tossed 2 pairs so far and have 3 in rotation.

lifetree
03-15-2009, 09:44 PM
... i was using them with my 36 wb and a catch full of wet grass, tried to pull backwards to turn, and slipped on dog poo, i fell and my foot almost went under the deck ...

Man, that would have been scary !!

SamTheLawnMan
03-16-2009, 05:18 PM
I just bought a pair on ebay...This guy had a pair that were new and he never even wore and was selling them....just happened to be my size...picked them up for $29 with shipping.
Guess i'll give them a try for that price.
Thanks for the opinions.

MJS
03-16-2009, 05:29 PM
Good shoes. . . I bought a pair last year of their steel-toed boots - very comfortable, lighter than my last pair of boots, and they seem to be holding up fine so far.

Maybe a bit too expensive, but if they last me another year, they'll be better than my last boots. . .