PDA

View Full Version : Score

sslopok
03-14-2009, 09:27 PM
I think I got a sweet deal today.
A buddy of mine told me he had a a brand new backpack blower that was just sitting in his garage that would sell me cheap. I figured it was just a home version since he didn't even know what brand it was. Well today I helped him do some stuff and out of curiosity I asked him to see it. Well he brought out a redmax eb4400 still in its original packaging. He told me to take it with me and pay him $100 whenever.
I have just been getting all of the comm. gear to do a few lawns this summer and this def. helps. Now I need to get a comm. weed wacker. Local dealer has their open house next wednesday so I will pick up a shindaiwa I have had my eye on.
sslopok

lifetree
03-14-2009, 09:37 PM
Congratulations, it saved you several hundred dollars !!

DT Lawn Care
03-14-2009, 11:16 PM
Wow, nice find! It's a great feeling when you get a great product for dirt cheap, isn't it:)

Lawnut101
03-14-2009, 11:20 PM
Yeah, that was a good dealer. You basically just got a great backpack blower, for the same price as a hand held. You will love it!

topsites
03-15-2009, 05:52 AM
Before taking the blower I would have got the $100,
now you better make sure that man gets paid.

Yes, Karma

DLAWNS
03-15-2009, 10:25 AM
Nice find....good luck with it.

Runner
03-15-2009, 12:49 PM
And don't ever take it in for service! Atleast not with the serial numbers still on it! :laugh:

sslopok
03-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Let's clear up a few things here:)
1. The guy I got it from is one of my best friends, and trust me I always pay for my things.
2. The guy he got it from owned a lawn care biz and needed my friend to do some excavating. They bartered so I highly doubt this thing is stolen.

I took it out of the box today and read through the manual and put the odds and ends on it. It has never even been unpackaged.

So to those wondering my karma will be fine after all.

oh and runner I pm'd you did you get it?

later,
Brandon

ALC-GregH
03-15-2009, 01:12 PM
Before taking the blower I would have got the $100,
now you better make sure that man gets paid.

Yes, Karma

It's a friend of his. I'm sure he has every intention of paying his buddy. Had it been some guy he never met, well then yes, I would have gotten the money to pay for it first. Totally different scenario here.

ALC-GregH
03-15-2009, 01:14 PM
by the way, great find Brandon. :D I just shelled out $400+ for a BR600. Man that hurt.