PDA

View Full Version : pricing question

ktfinch2000
03-14-2009, 11:07 PM
I have a customer wanting their back yard reseeded. I have done this before for myself but this is my first time doing it for a customer. They have 2000sq ft that needs tilling and I'm going to spread 14 yards of loam on top for a 2" base, lime,fertilize, and reseed. Just wondering what some of you might charge for a job like this. I will be doing it myself with a helper. I can get the loam delivered within 15 feet of where it needs to be spread and I will be spreading with wheel barrel. Yard is very flat with easy access. Any thoughts on a rough price would be very helpful. I figured around 1400 completed with materials included 2 days at the most to complete. Is that to high or to low? Thanks in advance.

ed2hess
03-15-2009, 10:56 AM
If you break down how you got to you number it would help people understand it. I assume the total size of the back yard is bigger than 2000sq.ft.?

lawnboy2068
03-15-2009, 01:26 PM
First of all, 2 days seems a little long of a time to re-seed a roughly 45'x45' backyard. I wouldn't till it but deep dethatch it, then do a top dressing of loam, 1-2" thick and then seed, fert, lime, ect. With proper watering this method works out extremely well with excellent results. We would send out 2 to 3 men with materials and equipment and can get it done in 1/2 to 3/4 of a day. Two men should be able to get that done at most in 1 day and you should charge accordingly. By my accounting, your price is right on for 1 day with 2 men and all needed materials and equipment, but your price is way low for a 2 day job.

James