PDA

View Full Version : coupon books? good or bad

tryz
03-16-2002, 02:34 PM
I've been considering going into a coupon book. it's a reasonable price, 3 issues for $2000(about $1300 American) for a half page ad that will go out city wide (about 250,000 homes. The ads they create are quite immpressive and from following the book for awhile I realized they had alot of repeat customers. If anyone has tried a coupon book please give me your input on whether it's worth it.

bruces
03-16-2002, 02:40 PM
The biggest drawback I would see is that you can't control your geographic area. It sounds like it will probably go all over the area.

But, a few ongoing customers could pay off. I would want some kind of offer that attracted either a fair sized one time job or an ongoing customer.

heygrassman
03-16-2002, 11:58 PM
Sounds like the US equivalent to VAL-PAK that has worked here for a few..

Good luck. would be interested in hearing the results

jf

Currier
03-17-2002, 05:41 PM
Sounds great to get your name out to a large # of homes...unfortunately you will be getting coupon users that probably will be looking for the next coupon offering from the next company...:) Who knows, maybe they will stay with you.

I do know that last year I gave a coupon on a flyer and I hated it! You're out there busting your fanny and then realize that you are getting paid x amount less. Unless you can charge more to recapture hte ad and coupon cost I don't think it will be worth it.

JJOHN22042
03-17-2002, 10:32 PM
I will not travel across Town to cut one or two Lawns just not worth it. Like to work in one Area.

Nebraska
03-18-2002, 03:32 AM
Speaking from experience I would ask yourself are you targeting the market that's desirable and fits your longterm goals or seaking to achieve name recognition? If not are there better ways to do that? If so then go forward with it.

tryz
03-18-2002, 12:19 PM
currently I have only one crew that operates in the south. It is maxed out so this season I'm opening a new crew that will go city wide. I realize I will be spread out the first year but as long as the route is tight on each day I don't mind being in the S.E one day and the N.E. the next. Calgary's population is around 800,000.