PDA

View Full Version : How much for Commercial Maintenance???

mikeg8575
03-15-2009, 12:03 PM
I have been doing residential lawns for about 6 years now. I've been given the opportunity to price a commercial site for maintenance. The site is about 16 acres, 4 acres of it is grass to cut. They want it cut approx. 25 times in the season. Most of it is wide open space. Maybe a 1/4 acre in front of the building and islands in the parking lot which I would need to use a 36" mower and bag it. I plan on having myself and 3 guys do it. How would you guys charge for this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. They need the proposal this week! Thanks

SNAPPER MAN
03-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Bid it like you would a residential lawn. But, are you going to have to blow the whole parking lot or just cleanup your mess?? That makes a big difference.

kaferhaus
03-15-2009, 02:21 PM
There's nothing different about pricing the two. you're billing for "time" no matter what the job is.

legacyscapes
03-15-2009, 04:24 PM
Price it the same. We price ours per the man hr just like the residential.

burge19
03-15-2009, 08:51 PM
I think its great that you are going to get some commercial accounts but just something to think about is you only can use one mower and its a 36, how are you going to use 3 guys. seems to me you would wasting your money paying one of the other guys. I would go with two probably,

JNyz
03-15-2009, 09:55 PM
I think its great that you are going to get some commercial accounts but just something to think about is you only can use one mower and its a 36, how are you going to use 3 guys. seems to me you would wasting your money paying one of the other guys. I would go with two probably,

I think he said the 36 was for the islands.