PDA

View Full Version : If you thought your mix was expensive

Green Machine Mowing
03-15-2009, 07:50 PM
i was in the hardware store today and saw pre-mixed gas in little steel cans, 40:1 and 50:1, I'm surprised they didn't have some really thick stuff for the really cheap consumer equipment. I looked at the price and it was $7..................A QUART!!!:confused::confused::hammerhead::hammerhead:

DanManofStihl
03-15-2009, 08:45 PM
Its only $4.00 a quart at walmart I saw it about 2 months ago and just laughed. It is 92 octane with a synthetic oil and fuel stablizer though. I just wonder about what happens when it sits in storage for a year or two and some one goes to use it? Stabil says to only use it in for up to a year if you double the dose. Heres a link to the crap http://50fuel.com/

Green Machine Mowing
03-15-2009, 09:00 PM
haha look at this quote from their website

"I cut grass for a living and I now run 40 fuel in all my 2 cycle 40:1 equipment."

who has seen any professional equipment that takes 40:1????:hammerhead:

plus this stuff is so expensive youd be spending as much on trimmer gas as mower gas:confused:

lifetree
03-15-2009, 09:47 PM
i was in the hardware store today and saw pre-mixed gas in little steel cans, 40:1 and 50:1, I'm surprised they didn't have some really thick stuff for the really cheap consumer equipment. I looked at the price and it was $7..................A QUART !!! :confused: :confused: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Someone obviously thinks they can make some money on it !!

newz7151
03-15-2009, 11:36 PM
Its only $4.00 a quart at walmart I saw it about 2 months ago and just laughed. It is 92 octane with a synthetic oil and fuel stablizer though. I just wonder about what happens when it sits in storage for a year or two and some one goes to use it? Stabil says to only use it in for up to a year if you double the dose. Heres a link to the crap http://50fuel.com/

Gas shouldn't really go bad as fast if it is in an air tight container, and if you're starting with 92 octane, you've got that extra buffer where you can loose a little before you get to stuff that will cause you problems.

Richard Martin
03-16-2009, 05:35 AM
That stuff is great for a homeowner that cares about his equipment. It is high quality and takes all of the guesswork out of it for someone that might not be all that mechanically inclined. It does have a long shelf life and is perfect for someone that only does one little yard every week.

bohiaa
03-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Purchase by the gallon.

mowerdude777
07-14-2009, 01:38 PM
That stuff is great for a homeowner that cares about his equipment. It is high quality and takes all of the guesswork out of it for someone that might not be all that mechanically inclined. It does have a long shelf life and is perfect for someone that only does one little yard every week.

Thats true

4.3mudder
07-14-2009, 01:56 PM
My uncle sells it at his hardware store, I think it is 50:1 though.

SEMI-RETIRED
07-14-2009, 04:37 PM
I seen it yesterday at the marina,,50-1,,,6.99 a quart..

Agree with some of the other posts, would be allright for homeowner that
doesn't want to mess with mixing etc..

Bob..

Alan0354
07-14-2009, 04:47 PM
It will save homeowner a lot of trouble. Most of them don't even know about limit shelf live of gas and keep having carb problems.

Question is how's the oil compare to Amsoil or Ultra?

Green Machine Mowing
07-14-2009, 05:35 PM
I seen it yesterday at the marina,,50-1,,,6.99 a quart..

Agree with some of the other posts, would be allright for homeowner that
doesn't want to mess with mixing etc..

Bob..

ouch, imaigane filling your boat with that stuff............OUCH!

Oldtimer
07-14-2009, 08:53 PM
www.50fuel.com

The self life is 2 years and it is a great product for the homeowner who has a small yard.

Oldtimer