PDA

View Full Version : Help Me!!!! How Do I Get More Clients??? Open For Any Suggestions!!!!!

Cashmonysonny
03-16-2002, 02:58 PM
:blob2: I need help getting more clients so my lawncompany will GROW and I and need help !!!! SO i am open to Any suggestions...Plese help me!!!

millsmowing
03-16-2002, 03:44 PM
Flyers, Newspaper Inserts, Direct Mailing, Newspaper Ads. These have all worked for me. What methods have you tried in the past?

rodfather
03-16-2002, 03:55 PM
All my new business is by referral...I ask for them.

65hoss
03-16-2002, 04:04 PM
First, let me say, there is tons of info here you can spend hours, no days reading. Do a search and find all types of info.

I would say hit the streets with flyers. Lots of them. Send customers a letter about the start of the season and ask for referrals. I don't usually like an ad in the paper, you end up with price shoppers and tire kickers.

LawnLad
03-16-2002, 04:24 PM
Service the heck out of the ones you have until their singing your name to their friends/neighbors.

juststarting023
03-16-2002, 10:42 PM
i agree with lawnlad take extra special care of your current customers..i just started this year and i offered all my current clients 1/2 off 1 mow a month for any new client they refered to me... picked up 4 new ones in 2 weeks....hope this helps..:D :D :D

Mykster
03-17-2002, 02:35 AM
Can't say enough about referals. Just picked up three new(2 homes, common area for HOA) jobs with a developer/builder. Got it from a guy we did a cleanup for. First year handing out fliers so we will see how those turn out.

Bladewielder
03-18-2002, 12:12 AM
Run a simple ad in the classifides. Do this all season. There will be SOME calls at least. If you get only one "good" account per month it will be well worth the hundred or so bucks you spent for the month. That's one of the best things about this business. It costs us the same to advertise as anyone else but our customers are naturally repeat users. When I'm shelling out the bucks for an ad I just think about how cool it is to get that awesome account that I'll have forever.

walker-talker
03-18-2002, 10:43 AM
I run ads in newspaper for "add on" services but not mowing. I always have luck with the paper. Not mowing because they are usually not in my targeted area. Although, I have picked up 2 that were both within 5 blocks from my house.

MATT

Toroguy
03-18-2002, 07:48 PM
Is that you grassboy?

Nebraska
03-19-2002, 10:37 AM
I read in magazines about company's going from $250k in one year to $600k the second year and in excess of $1.5 mil the third year.
What is the key for growth of this nature?

Anyone out there manage to achieve this type of growth (if so are you still sane and still have a family)?

walker-talker
03-19-2002, 11:02 AM
If they are having that kind of growth, they probably don't have time to be here. I would say that you would have to have one hell of a niche to have that kind of growth, not impossible.

MATT

Nebraska
03-19-2002, 11:27 AM
Everyone reads those feature articles in L&L.... Are those just the one-in-a-million, right place right time, exceptionally brilliant businessmen?

What part of the "midwest" walker?

CSRA Landscaping
03-19-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Cashmonysonny
:blob2: I need help getting more clients so my lawncompany will GROW and I and need help !!!! SO i am open to Any suggestions...Plese help me!!!

First off, relax. You have plenty of time. ;)

The most cost-effective way that I can think of is to have about 1000 flyers made up by taking an original in to Office Depot and have them run copies. Shouldn't be any more than $50. If you pass all of those out in the right areas, I promise that you'll see results.
Good luck.

LAWNGODFATHER
03-19-2002, 03:16 PM
Clients in a hurry!!

Get a nice flyer made up.

Go door to door in the area you want to get clients.

I did this 2 years ago and quaddrupled my expectations.

I figured 1 per out of 50-60, got 4-5 out of that. Did a boat load of free estimates, and got a few calls after their guy didn't show.

You will find the best results once the grass has started to green up real good.

The bast way to sell anything is in person.

LawnLad
03-19-2002, 05:01 PM
The stories you read in L & L, etc. about the guys going from 0 to 60 in 4.0 seconds are usually people who have worked for a big company for a while or started a new company after owning or partnering. Not unusual, they've just started a new entity and may have taken part of someone else's client base to begin. I have yet to read about someone who developed such a refined niche and built a reputation in two to three years time.

Difference between them and most of us on this board is that these guys have all the systems in place, have contacts, have the pricing gig down, etc. The customer contacts they have would be for larger properties starting out. They would not be starting with $1,000 residential properties, too much selling time for the money. You're looking at much larger contracts to get the volume. That means the customer would most likely have to know the owners of the new company and their previous reputation to award larger contracts to "relative" new comers. In addition, they've most likely leveraged a good portion of their growth by financing their new equipment through some form of debt. They wouldn't have enough time or cash flow to buy all the equipment they would need to service the volume and self finance it. As well, they may have brought employees over from the company they worked at - seeing as you how you must have very good managers and systems in place and everyone know what's going on like clock work to turn $1 mil plus - let alone in three or fewer years.

Possible... absolutely. Can anyone here do it? Sure we can. You'll just have to have a target market large enough to support your business, know your business inside and out to the point that rather than react to the business you make things happen. As well, gather the advice and counsel of the best, brightest and most capable people who've "been there, done that." If you want to get ahead, you've got to surround yourself with people who know how to do it.

wayne volz
03-19-2002, 08:26 PM
:blob4:

Marketing and Advertising is very interesting. Many of the suggestions shared here are good. If you want to use Flyers, plan on approx. 1% return. If you use them remember this is a general rule. 25% forget the first day, and by 7 days 97% have forgotten what you left them. Timing is everything! Plan on at least hitting the same areas two times about 7 days apart. I think you will get the results you are looking for if you are hitting the right TARGET MARKET.

Ask for the referrals. The earlier post that address that are correct. This is the most often forgotten source of lead generation. "Ask and you shall Receive"

Based on the diversity of your service, you may want to consider some MASS MARKETING. Marketing to the masses and not the classes. Not everyone can afford mowing maybe, but many have their lawns sprayed, mulch put down and so on. So diversify and make more money.

This may sound silly, but don't forget your truck. Keep it clean and lettered. This is a rolling billboard for your company.

Direct mailing are a little more expensive but very often much more effective. Lead list can be purchased for less than you would think. They are very demograpic specific list if you want them that way.

[EMAIL=wayneslawn1@aol.com]Email me if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!
wayne