PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this business card?

Carolina Cutter
03-15-2009, 07:05 PM
Just made this up on Office Depot's site...

Whatcha think about this one?

http://www.officedepotcustomprinting.com/Customer-Designs/1004635/100463569-2PT7C5RO-AB.jpg?-539469201

N&CLandscaping
03-15-2009, 07:07 PM
Its not bad, simple, could use a different font. Too plain for me, but it could work

Try vistaprint.com they are good I have ordered a few cards from them

Sweet Tater
03-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Just made this up on Office Depot's site...

Whatcha think about this one?

http://www.officedepotcustomprinting.com/Customer-Designs/1004635/100463569-2PT7C5RO-AB.jpg?-539469201

I would say some font a little fancier on the company name, other than that it looks good

droptine
03-16-2009, 01:20 AM
you forgot insured
jk no it looks good

DLAWNS
03-16-2009, 08:57 AM
I would say some font a little fancier on the company name, other than that it looks good

I agree. The font for your business name could stand out a little more. Nothing crazy, just a little.

bohiaa
03-16-2009, 09:35 AM
dont go Crazy on a business card. IT'S NOT advertisement, it a place to have your name and number. and tell what you do.

Just pick anything, your's is Perfect.

jhastrello
03-16-2009, 10:28 AM
It looks good, but you need to make your phone number MUCH BIGGER. That is what needs to stand out - more than anything else.

Most people make this very simple mistake. Your business card is what is being used to contact you, so make it easy. Move it up to the top portion, and make it stand out.

I'd consider putting the web site address on the bottom of the card, and put your phone in larger font in the middle where the web site address is.

Coastal Lawn Maintenance
03-16-2009, 11:29 AM
i don't think your phone number needs to be any bigger as said before this is to give to be who need your number, this is not just for advertising. i like the card a lot i would keep it that way

Proc's Lawncare
03-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Looks good! I would take the " " off around JT just have it say JT Prevatte.

Lakewlc
03-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Looks good! I would take the " " off around JT just have it say JT Prevatte.

i agree...

BkServicesLLC18
03-16-2009, 08:29 PM
Don't know what you think of light blue....but try a light light blue in the background...Itll make the Brown and and the green of the grass pop a little more

ambersLawnmowing
03-16-2009, 11:47 PM
dont go Crazy on a business card. IT'S NOT advertisement, it a place to have your name and number. and tell what you do.

Just pick anything, your's is Perfect.

Really, it isnt advertisement? What is it then? I have mine hanging on some bulletin boards, for people to take. What is that called? I hand out alot of business cards, Why because they are cheap, they have my number on them, and my business name. I also write it off come tax time under Advertisements. I figured anything with the business name on it is also advertisment.

Your cards look good. Almost the same as mine but with out the brown on the bottom i have the grass almost the entire card and name and business name running through it. also have a list of things i do on the back of the card.

bohiaa
03-17-2009, 09:00 AM
Really, it isnt advertisement? What is it then? I have mine hanging on some bulletin boards, for people to take. What is that called? I hand out alot of business cards, Why because they are cheap, they have my number on them, and my business name. I also write it off come tax time under Advertisements. I figured anything with the business name on it is also advertisment.

Your cards look good. Almost the same as mine but with out the brown on the bottom i have the grass almost the entire card and name and business name running through it. also have a list of things i do on the back of the card.

You cant write off Business cards as an advertisement expense. it's office supplies, as stated earlyer, it's a way to give out your P-number. that's all.

I never herd of anyone spending any of there ad dollar on Business cards.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
but I've only been doing this for 30 years,

MSS Mow
03-17-2009, 06:30 PM
Business cards can definately be used as advertising. Many people do only simply use them as an "office supply", but anyone who wants to expand their business, are using business cards on a daily business to increase potential clients. If that's not advertising, I'm not sure what is. Whether it's a bulletin board or handing them out at an Chamber of Commerce Open House, it's definately advertising.

foreplease
03-17-2009, 08:45 PM
I like the look of your card. Itís clean. Some personal pet peeves:

I do not like things that are in italics and quotes both, itís worse when presented as your slogan as it looks like you scarcely believe it yourself (qualified with quote marks)
The fact that you list your web site indicates that I am welcome to visit it, I would not use ďVisit our website:Ē Everybody knows what they are now and it does not need to be explained like it did a few years ago.
when a company has a web site, I think it looks far better if their e-mail address is an @companyname address. Gmail is so good and so common now it may prove to be the exception to this rule, but Iím not sure it has yet. The corporate web sites with aol.com addresses were the worst.

It is clean, the changes I suggest will make it even more so. Overall I like the look a lot.

I'm pretty sure the IRS does not distinguish between types of expenses (advertising vs office supplies), only allowable and non. It might be something you wish to track in your business though, it's a simple chart of accounts decision.