PDA

View Full Version : Cub Cadet Question

Dei Gloriam
03-15-2009, 07:26 PM
Hey lads,

I was just wondering if anyone had any input on this walk behind mower from Cub Cadet the price was around $1500 cdn and no payments for a year.
The reason why I'm looking at it is I have a new route with 40-50 lawns that I have to buy a new walk behind for all they other items for a new trailer set-up I have already. Just looking for a half decent walk behind mower.

http://www.mppcanada.com/mpp/cubcadet/product.asp?TypeID=17&ProductID=2031&companyid=7

lawnpro724
03-15-2009, 07:43 PM
There is one just like this for sale on this site for $1000.00 in the equipment market place

luis@NJ
03-15-2009, 07:52 PM
Hey lads,

I was just wondering if anyone had any input on this walk behind mower from Cub Cadet the price was around $1500 cdn and no payments for a year.
The reason why I'm looking at it is I have a new route with 40-50 lawns that I have to buy a new walk behind for all they other items for a new trailer set-up I have already. Just looking for a half decent walk behind mower.

http://www.mppcanada.com/mpp/cubcadet/product.asp?TypeID=17&ProductID=2031&companyid=7
I never had this mower but i read other posts that said it is a good mower for a home owner.So 40 lawns might be way to much for this mower.Also it doesn't have brakes so u have to manually turn it. Good Luck

SOONERS222
03-15-2009, 07:57 PM
I had a cadet push mower and hated it...

mowerbrad
03-15-2009, 08:05 PM
I would pass on it. And since it is only $1500 why would you finance it?

Dei Gloriam
03-15-2009, 08:46 PM
I would pass on it. And since it is only $1500 why would you finance it?

I like taking advantage of products that I don't have to pay interest or payments for how ever long, every little bit helps when you have two tractors that your paying $1300 each for a month,not to mention all the other equitment I have lol:)

ALC-GregH
03-15-2009, 09:19 PM
I like taking advantage of products that I don't have to pay interest or payments for how ever long, every little bit helps when you have two tractors that your paying $1300 each for a month,not to mention all the other equipment I have lol:)

Well heck, might as well spend even more and get a nice commercial mower. 40-50 lawns a week? You would end up needed 3 of those mowers before the season is over!

Mowingman
03-15-2009, 09:28 PM
DO NOT BUY THIS MOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was a Cub dealer and sold a number of these. Great machine for a homeowner with a large yard, and, they have a very nice cut. TERRIBLE MACHINE FOR COMMERCIAL USE!!!!!
This machine is designed to be used once/week on a residential lawn. With the number of lawns you have, this machine will be in the shop more than it is out mowing, and, it will be worn out in less than one season.
I know, because we sold several to LCO's and they came to hate them in about 2 months. Many weak design areas such as: control cables, deck, deck belt, spindles, blades, and the whole "timed blade" system. You can destroy the blades and spindles by just hitting a good hard stump or rock sticking out of the ground.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!! Buy at your own risk.

RGM
03-15-2009, 10:18 PM
It is a home owner mower it would hold up to some part time use maybe 15 yards a week and last you a while. If you want 40 lawns buy a commercial mower you will be much better off. If you have to have it buy it at depot for 1299 but engine wont hold up to a season of 50 lawns

Dei Gloriam
03-15-2009, 11:11 PM
DO NOT BUY THIS MOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was a Cub dealer and sold a number of these. Great machine for a homeowner with a large yard, and, they have a very nice cut. TERRIBLE MACHINE FOR COMMERCIAL USE!!!!!
This machine is designed to be used once/week on a residential lawn. With the number of lawns you have, this machine will be in the shop more than it is out mowing, and, it will be worn out in less than one season.
I know, because we sold several to LCO's and they came to hate them in about 2 months. Many weak design areas such as: control cables, deck, deck belt, spindles, blades, and the whole "timed blade" system. You can destroy the blades and spindles by just hitting a good hard stump or rock sticking out of the ground.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!! Buy at your own risk.

Thanks for the info Lads, I had just talk to a gentleman 5 mins ago and he told me the same thing you just did. So ya I guess I'm hitting up the local
Toro dealer tomorrow and adding another w/b to the family.

Thanks to everyone for there advice!!

Fox Lawn & Garden
03-16-2009, 09:24 AM
Cub cadet makes a commercial WB that you might want to consider. I have a 48"/17KW hydro and it cuts and runs great. I've had it for 8 or 10 years with 1500 hrs or so, and NO problems....(crossing fingers) :>)

Good luck with what-ever you choose, and a great season to ya, 2!

Lakewlc
03-16-2009, 06:46 PM
everyone seems to have a different opinion on these things