PDA

View Full Version : Hide a Key Sprinkler Head

WalkGood
03-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Up-sell item? :laugh:

Hide your keys by pushing them into the ground

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/zoom/b7c9_sprinkler_hide_a_key.jpg

When it comes to hiding things, this can be done in many different ways. Camouflage or concealment are the most common ways to hide something and in more sophisticated situations cryptography can be used to hide the content of a message. Hiding money is also common but sometimes can lead to very large problems when discovered (or if you forget where your money is hidden).

Rather than the old standard under-the-doormat or inside a plastic rock, this fake inground sprinkler head offers a good place to put a set of spare keys or maybe an emergency USB flash drive. It looks like a regular sprinkler head and the tough water-tight plastic case holds multiple keys.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/additional/large/b7c9_sprinkler_hide_a_key_inuse.jpg

* Looks like a regular sprinkler head
* Tough water-tight plastic case holds multiple keys
* Screw cap
* Dimensions: 3.5" x 1.3" dia. (8.9 x 3.3cm)

mitchgo
03-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Well I guess it's better then the ' under the mat' or 'pot' trick..

I Don't know man lol...

For how much an average person doesn't know about sprinklers.. You have to be a sprinkler geek to have this! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

DanaMac
03-15-2009, 10:37 PM
How much do they sell for? Heck I could mock up some old toro 570s and nozzles that I have and will never use and sell them. Even brand new a spray head and nozzle won't cost $3.

mitchgo
03-15-2009, 10:54 PM
just take out the guts of an old spray pop up ;)

WalkGood
03-16-2009, 02:05 AM
$5.99 plus shipping.

An old head w/guts removed would look more realistic.

FIMCO-MEISTER
03-16-2009, 06:44 AM
Waterproof and bug proof only advantage I see with this one. I suspect the nozzle is completely sealed.

AI Inc
03-16-2009, 08:02 AM
Do people even use keys anymore? Around here they hit the clciker driving in the driveway, drive into garage , shut the garage door and walk into their unlocked house.

FIMCO-MEISTER
03-16-2009, 08:44 AM
Do people even use keys anymore? Around here they hit the clciker driving in the driveway, drive into garage , shut the garage door and walk into their unlocked house.

I have a code deadbolt on my front door. haven't used a key for my house in years.

DanaMac
03-16-2009, 08:48 AM

I don't even have a house key. I gave it to my mom a few years ago when she was here, and I never asked for it or made a copy.

AI Inc
03-16-2009, 08:49 AM
I don't even have a house key. I gave it to my mom a few years ago when she was here, and I never asked for it or made a copy.

Same here, the only keys I have are truck keys, and they stay in the trucks.

AI Inc
03-16-2009, 08:50 AM
Hell, I doubt more then 50% of my customers could even tell me the color of their front door without looking.

BTW Dana, Lester signed a 5 yr deal with sox.

DanaMac
03-16-2009, 08:59 AM
BTW Dana, Lester signed a 5 yr deal with sox.

Saw that. Pretty excited. Pedroia is a little dinged up. Been hearing the rumors of trading for Jake Peavy. Buchholz and Masterson and two others for him. I don't know. We pushed TB into the ALCS without him.

WalkGood
03-16-2009, 10:54 AM
Waterproof and bug proof only advantage I see with this one. I suspect the nozzle is completely sealed.

You could just put a plug in the bottom of a spray head, then close off a variable nozzle for it.

Heck, with one of those monster tall rotaries, you could hide the family fortune. Or at least most of a six-pack!

Waterit
03-16-2009, 01:01 PM
It'd work great until some irrigator comes out, audits the system, finds the non-working head...

BSME
03-22-2009, 04:24 PM
Is this the thread for awesome products that are somewhat but not really related to irrigation?

http://www.porchpotty.com/index.html

mitchgo
03-22-2009, 10:05 PM
Is this the thread for awesome products that are somewhat but not really related to irrigation?

http://www.porchpotty.com/index.html

lol. so it drains down to your neighbors floor outside eh?

I have a female dog, i sure hope she doesn't dis-color or kill the fake grass

ARGOS
03-22-2009, 10:44 PM
"Just lead the drain tube to a nearby floor drain, rain gutter, or planter area."

And everyone is so concerned about gray water?

DanaMac
03-22-2009, 10:46 PM
"Just lead the drain tube to a nearby floor drain, rain gutter, or planter area."

Run it to the planter area? Wouldn't the concentrated area get overly contaminated? All the shrubs in the medians outside PetsMart near me are dead dead dead. I wonder why :)

ARGOS
03-22-2009, 10:52 PM
AND to think I would get arrested if I took a leak in the median at PetsMart. But rover's toilet can be run into a public space?

BSME
04-09-2009, 12:26 PM
awesome

http://zedomax.com/blog/2007/10/10/diy-garden-sprinkler/

Wet_Boots
04-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Awesome barely covers that construct.