PDA

View Full Version : Blitz 15 gal pro fuel station

lukemelo216
03-15-2009, 11:38 PM
Anyone ever use it? I am thinking about getting on from NT and maybe putting a 12v pump on it. I am just not 100% sure how i would go about doing this. IF anyone has used this before and tried hooking it up that way please tell me because I am very curious.

honeydopm
03-15-2009, 11:56 PM
How much do they cost?

LouisianaLawnboy
03-16-2009, 12:10 AM
I think this is what he is talking about. http://www2.northerntool.com/fuel-transfer-lubrication/gas-oil-cans/item-19567.htm

I wonder how well it would work with mixed gas?

genesis215
03-16-2009, 12:27 AM
I have been wondering about this unit as well. Looks really nice, but wouldn't want leaky connections. There were 36 reviews of it on Northern Tool, mostly all positive. Some had problems with leaky connections and nozzles, but said that the problems were quickly remedied.

lukemelo216
03-16-2009, 12:41 AM
ya thats the one im talking about...........do you guys know how I would go about hooking a 12v pump up to this.... I mean im just trying to figure it out so its done properly........if possible i would still like to be able to use the nozzle that it comes with, but just not have to have it sitting way up in the air since its gravity fed.

Jason Rose
03-16-2009, 12:47 AM
Look closely at the pumps... Are you seeing 12v GASOLINE pumps or FUEL pumps? Two different things... Fuel, for this, is referring to diesel. I'm not sure how easy it will be to find a gasoline compatable 12v. pump for something like that. I know the ones I've seen at the local stores are all for diesel only (the pumps).

Now, maybe a auxillary fuel pump from a car/truck? But I doubt they have enough flow rate (gpm) to be of any help. Those big tanks are meant to be gravity feed. As long as you can mount it even a few inches higher than where you need the gas to go, it's going to flow.