PDA

View Full Version : Rainbird 5000 rotor adjustment

GreenLight
03-16-2009, 02:36 AM
Few questions about these heads. I generally put in hunter pgp heads and don't have much problem setting up the right stop on the head when the head is pressurized.

That being said, Rainbirds rotors give me fits for setting the left stop when I am making adjustments after the system has been in the ground for a while. Half the time I can't turn the shaft to the left at all without spinning the whole body in the ground and it bugs the hell out of me. Am I missing something here? I have researched their instructions on the head and from what I am reading I can't figure out the err of my ways. Any advice?

mitchgo
03-16-2009, 02:59 AM
wait what??

For setting the left set..
Your turning the whole entire head... canister and all...

Just like the pgp on the right set...

I sure hope your not forcing the head to spin to set it with out spinning the canister. ..lol

Wait.. You do know a RB 5000 has a left physical set as opposed to a pgp has a physical right set right?????

GreenLight
03-16-2009, 03:21 AM
On Pgp I always set the right stop grabbing the entire riser (not just the turret) and rotating it until I find the proper coverage on the right hand side and then make the arc adjustments from there ... That is the way I have been taught and that is the way hunters website shows it being done. I could certainly be wrong as I usually try to set the stop when I install, but occasionally have to come back and adjust once the ground heals and settles around the head.

And yes, like I said in the first post, Hunter has a right stop which I am used to and rainbird is a left stop. So I guess that from what you are saying, rainbirds head's physical left stop can not be moved or adjusted.

GreenLight
03-16-2009, 03:29 AM
On Pgp I always set the right stop grabbing the entire riser (not just the turret) and rotating it until I find the proper coverage on the right hand side and then make the arc adjustments from there ... That is the way I have been taught and that is the way hunters website shows it being done. I could certainly be wrong as I usually try to set the stop when I install, but occasionally have to come back and adjust once the ground heals and settles around the head.

And yes, like I said in the first post, Hunter has a right stop which I am used to and rainbird is a left stop. So I guess that from what you are saying, rainbirds head's physical left stop can not be moved or adjusted.

Sorry, you are right, I guess I have been actually rotating the whole hunter head and not really realizing it using the riser. But I am wrong, the right stop on the hunter does not or in this case, should not be changed with force..lol

hoskm01
03-16-2009, 09:38 AM
Mitch got it. You should only ever be turning the whole head, boady and all, down to the threaded connection, whatever that may be.