PDA

View Full Version : Cherish your family. Keep them safe.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
03-16-2009, 06:07 AM
What was seemingly a beautiful, sunny, warm, late winter weekend here in Muskoka turned into disaster for my community, a good friend and a much respected colleague.

My heart, soul and prayers go out to Tony Robinson and his family. He lost his wife Carolyn and his 12yr old daughter Jolene through the ice on Lake Rosseau this past weekend. The horror, the fear, and the loss that my friend is feeling right now must be unbearable.

I can't sleep, and everytime I think of Tony diving into that hole to try and free his wife and daughter from the seatbelts I shudder and cry. The poor man.

Carolyn was a truly unique and inspirational lady. She was a community leader in every sense of the word. A pillar of our community who worked tirelessly in her job and supporting so many many people in so many ways. Carolyn literally improved the lives of thousands of people around here. There will be a hole in the fabric of our community for a long long time to come.

Love and cherish your family today, as we all should each and every day. Situations like this bring home the importance of never taking our loved ones for granted.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20090316.ICE16/TPStory/National

worx
03-16-2009, 08:10 AM
James I am sorrowed by your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to Tony and his family. This is probably the most terrible thing a husband and father will ever have to deal with. He will definitely need the help and support of his many friends. May God be with him in this most desperate time.

NiteTymeIlluminations
03-16-2009, 08:31 AM
James, so sorry to hear of that! That's absolutely horrible! I am so sorry!

JoeyD
03-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Very sad.......best of luck to Tony.

NightScenes
03-16-2009, 10:09 AM
Prayers and well wishes to Tony and the whole family that is effected.

cgaengineer
03-16-2009, 01:47 PM
That's terrible! My prayers go out to Tony and his family.

David Gretzmier
03-16-2009, 11:06 PM
James- sorry for your loss.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
03-16-2009, 11:14 PM
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and words. Today was pretty tough, just walking through town this morning and talking with a couple of people who knew the family brought tears to our eyes.

The one positive has been a renewed closeness within my family. The hugs were tighter and lasted longer today, and my children were genuinely and sincerely more caring and affectionate towards each other. I plan on building on this, and strengthening our bonds even more.

Give your family your all... for they are the most important and cherished people who will ever share your time with you.

Thanks friends....