PDA

View Full Version : Things seem to be very slow goin, any one else?

General Grounds
03-16-2009, 05:55 PM
:dizzy: Wow, things seem to be very slow to get movin. the phone rings sporatically, customers are reducing there service agreements. even long standing customers are price shoppin, i had lunch with a few lawn dogs today and everybody said the same thing. most arent starting work for another week or so. how bout you guys? tony

Pietro
03-16-2009, 06:01 PM
In manalapan? What are you going to be doing? We dont get any cleanups until stuff starts growing. We do most business in freehold/howell. The grass doesnt need to be cut for a little while......People dont seem interested in cleanups until the weather breaks into mid 60s on a daily basis.

jsw2008
03-16-2009, 06:57 PM
I think you're a little early to be worried. Even down south, things don't really start up good until we get weather in the 70's for a week or so. When we had temps in the 80's back in Feb, the phone started ringing off the hook, then it snowed and people stopped thinking about their yards until it gets good and warm again. I have plenty to keep me busy, but it won't get crazy for a few weeks yet.

General Grounds
03-16-2009, 08:20 PM
well after 13 years in business this the first year im not already booked into june w/ work, & in years past we would have been out a week already doing work. i didnt say anything bout the grass im talking sidework.

GracesLandscaping
03-16-2009, 09:09 PM
Thus far, this is looking like my best season yet out of 6 years surprisingly... i havent mowed the first lawn yet, but already picked up several new clients! and i havent advertised yet

DixieFerris
03-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Sorry to hear you are slow down in New jersey. We are located above the Albany, NY area and we are slammed with estimates, jobs and cleanups. The first couple crews started today. The next couple crews are starting at the end of the week, and the 3 new staff members are going thru 'boot camp' Wed-Fri to get trained and certified on the mowers, hand tools, trucks/trailers, etc. Things will get busy for you man, just remember keep on the phone!

lifetree
03-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Thus far, this is looking like my best season yet out of 6 years surprisingly... i havent mowed the first lawn yet, but already picked up several new clients! and i havent advertised yet

Congratulations, I think you're the exception !!

GracesLandscaping
03-16-2009, 10:03 PM
Congratulations, I think you're the exception !!

yea, I wasnt expecting to pick up many especially this early in the season... and i havent lost any exept for a friends lawn but only because they finally got moved in the house and got their mower moved so i saw that one coming... I guess those prayers finally are paying off this season!!!!! :dancing: