PDA

View Full Version : Bpsco

Pages : [1] 2

MileHigh
03-16-2009, 06:25 PM
Got my mowers serviced today and decided to snap a few pics to share with everyone. Had the plow on cause during our snow season the plow stays in front of the trailer...so I had to move the plow.

Our grass is still dormant...and our weather is extremely dry. Our 08-09 snow season will most likely go down as the worst (least amount of precipitation) snow season since the forgotten year of 1887. :cry:

I still have many things to add to this rig, and it's a work in progress.:weightlifter:

Got some plowing pics I threw in.

MileHigh
03-16-2009, 06:51 PM
another pic.

Junior M
03-16-2009, 06:54 PM
why not lettering instead of magnets? Magnets scratch the hell out of your truck..

MileHigh
03-16-2009, 06:59 PM
why not lettering instead of magnets? Magnets scratch the hell out of your truck..

yeah magnets suck big time.

my biggest problem with lettering is that In the snow season I am 90% sub-contractor as of right now...contractor does not want any other business names other than his on his properties...which is quite reasonable.

If I can get out of the subbing in the winter..(although I love it) my trucks will get lettered for sure.

So basically the only lettering I will have anytime soon...will be USDOT numbers:laugh:

tls22
03-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Cool pics...the rig looks great. I would not put the hinker away yet, it likes to snow in denever during march and april. How much snow have u had this winter?

MileHigh
03-16-2009, 07:11 PM
Cool pics...the rig looks great. I would not put the hinker away yet, it likes to snow in denever during march and april. How much snow have u had this winter?

thanks Tim.

Plows stay in front of garage untill the end of April...

March and April are our snowiest months...but keep in mind that in these warm snow months...It takes a good 4 inch storm to plow 2 inches. The first 2 always melts.

Worst snow season in History for Denver: 1887-88, 21.3 inches.
Best snow season in history for denver: 1908-09 118.7 inches.
Average snow season in denver: 61.7 inches.
Snowfall this season in Denver :18.0 inches.

Lakewlc
03-16-2009, 07:21 PM
looks great

2brothersyardcare
03-16-2009, 07:47 PM
hot i like it. idk about the hiniker tho.

wayside
03-16-2009, 07:57 PM
looks good man..

MileHigh
03-16-2009, 08:15 PM
looks great
:drinkup:
hot i like it. idk about the hiniker tho.
I've used Western, Snoway, Meyer, and Boss, and I can tell you I'm quite impressed with the Hiniker.
looks good man..
Appreciate it.

MileHigh
03-16-2009, 11:09 PM
well today was good...

Landed three aeration/power raking jobs..and put in a bid for a 5 home association and common area for weekly maintenance.

I gotta hit the ads hard this week....

I hate advertising...but makes me feel so good when I get jobs from it.

Pic of my tthp taking a break in some grass last year.

Kennedy Landscaping
03-17-2009, 12:01 AM
Looks good, what happened to the tailgate?

MileHigh
03-17-2009, 12:07 AM
what happened to the tailgate?

I have no idea...it's a plow truck.

bought the truck with a jacked up tailgate...It drives me nuts.

tls22
03-17-2009, 12:11 AM
thanks Tim.

Plows stay in front of garage untill the end of April...

March and April are our snowiest months...but keep in mind that in these warm snow months...It takes a good 4 inch storm to plow 2 inches. The first 2 always melts.

Worst snow season in History for Denver: 1887-88, 21.3 inches.
Best snow season in history for denver: 1908-09 118.7 inches.
Average snow season in denver: 61.7 inches.
Snowfall this season in Denver :18.0 inches.

Yeah ur def right about ur area. One day it would be 80....next day 3-6, but with warm ground temp it prob take a few hours to get going. Does the elevation help at all? From your vids on PS i thought u would have more then 18. We had 32 inches here, avg is 25. So it def was a good winter. Have a safe season man, i want to add another pick-up to my green work. Hopefully by july.

edit: i need to get that dot number also on my truck....im thinking right before my rear doors under the gas cap.....the same on the other side...infront of the rear fender

deere615
Looking good, you probably still have more snow then we did here!

Kennedy Landscaping
I have no idea...it's a plow truck.

bought the truck with a jacked up tailgate...It drives me nuts.

Oh well it gets the job done! My trucks got a few dings that I'm not sure how they got there but I don't complain too much. Its a work truck

Good luck this year!

MileHigh
03-17-2009, 12:18 AM
From your vids on PS i thought u would have more then 18. We had 32 inches here, avg is 25. So it def was a good winter. Have a safe season man, i want to add another pick-up to my green work. Hopefully by july.

Well here's the thing with that Tim. I plow snow in Southwest and West Denver suburbs...closer to the mountains than central denver. They do the measuring of snow out east @ DIA. One storm it snowed an inch or two in denver and I got 10 INCHES.

But I make more money with the number of times storms come through as opposed to having some long shifts....so Im looking more at how many times I get to go out an plow as opposed to how many inches...ya know what i mean.
Looking good, you probably still have more snow then we did here!
aint that a shame.

03-17-2009, 12:32 AM
Nice looking setup. I like the sideboards. Do you mind losing the ability to look out the back window into the other lane when driving? << like changing lanes etc...

I am thinking of doing side boards on mine and big "LAWN CARE" lettering on the boards. Or maybe my website... hmmm

tls22
03-17-2009, 12:34 AM
Well here's the thing with that Tim. I plow snow in Southwest and West Denver suburbs...closer to the mountains than central denver. They do the measuring of snow out east @ DIA. One storm it snowed an inch or two in denver and I got 10 INCHES.

But I make more money with the number of times storms come through as opposed to having some long shifts....so Im looking more at how many times I get to go out an plow as opposed to how many inches...ya know what i mean..

Okay i got you. Yeah from what i kno about denver DIA is not even that close to center city denver. Yeah NYC has 28 for the season, and me being a sw suburb i do a bit better. Rugerts is 15 min from house, so they do measuring for my area. The rig looks great, i have a 52in emark walk behind. I love the machine and it bags great also.

MileHigh
03-17-2009, 12:37 AM
Nice looking setup. I like the sideboards. Do you mind losing the ability to look out the back window into the other lane when driving? << like changing lanes etc...

I am thinking of doing side boards on mine and big "LAWN CARE" lettering on the boards. Or maybe my website... hmmm

Thanks.

you have to use to little bubble on the mirror to change from left to right lanes...but whatever..It will make me a better driver...kinda like plowing with a v-box. Plus mine can come off when it snows with 6 bolts and about 10 screws, and two guys...so It's not that bad. I want ads on mine as well.

I bag a lot of grass...so this is required. Just wish I had a dump bed like some of these guys.

MileHigh
03-17-2009, 12:39 AM
Okay i got you. Yeah from what i kno about denver DIA is not even that close to center city denver. Yeah NYC has 28 for the season, and me being a sw suburb i do a bit better. Rugerts is 15 min from house, so they do measuring for my area. The rig looks great, i have a 52in emark walk behind. I love the machine and it bags great also.

yup..

DIA is out in the boonies.

I'm satisfied with my exmarks...It does bag good.

But don't get me wrong...I would rather have a few wright standers.

tls22
03-17-2009, 12:44 AM
yup..

DIA is out in the boonies.

I'm satisfied with my exmarks...It does bag good.

But don't get me wrong...I would rather have a few wright standers.

Yeah i have never used a stander, been riders and walk-behinds. Im really not loyal to any brand mower, i have a scag,bobcat, and exmark....lol the bobcat is my baby 33hp of fun:weightlifter:

MileHigh
03-17-2009, 12:46 AM
bobcat is my baby 33hp of fun:weightlifter:

bet she has never bogged down one bit either huh.:cool2:

tls22
03-17-2009, 12:47 AM
bet she has never bogged down one bit either huh.:cool2:

Never man, only thing is if we have a wet spring, just leave it on the trailer. :rolleyes:

MileHigh
03-17-2009, 12:49 AM
Never man, only thing is if we have a wet spring, just leave it on the trailer. :rolleyes:

what do you mean?

she can't cut the wet crap well?

tls22
03-17-2009, 12:53 AM
what do you mean?

she can't cut the wet crap well?

When the lawns are wet and soggy the machien is to heavy.

South Florida Lawns
03-17-2009, 01:49 AM
Sharp looking setup. There are only a few open trailers on this site that I like, yours of course is one of them. I mean look at that thing, it has more options than i would know what to do with. The front box is a must for this business as well as 2ft and up mesh sides. TX certainly has some creative trailer companies. I'm curious what you paid?

MileHigh
03-17-2009, 02:04 AM
Sharp looking setup. There are only a few open trailers on this site that I like, yours of course is one of them. I mean look at that thing, it has more options than i would know what to do with. The front box is a must for this business as well as 2ft and up mesh sides. TX certainly has some creative trailer companies. I'm curious what you paid?

Thanks boss.

I took a picture of the trailer before I bought it to a local trailer builder. He said he could build the same trailer for $4300...I gave him a dirty look and spent $2100 for the trailer new in TX.

Trailer came with brakes on one axle, and some other crap.

All in all...good trailer. Trimmer rack is pure junk though....I had a shindaiwa le261 snap in half on the rack last season on the highway. Pissed me off beyond belief.

South Florida Lawns
03-17-2009, 06:55 PM
Wow all that for $2100, thats a deal I think.

riverwalklandscaping
03-17-2009, 09:29 PM
I want to do a post on lawnsite that says poll: is your tailgate all dented up. I think about half are, I know mine is lol

Junior M
03-17-2009, 10:17 PM
I want to do a post on lawnsite that says poll: is your tailgate all dented up. I think about half are, I know mine is lol
Not mine.. :cool2:

Bladescape, I was goin back through, you need some tires, they look like donuts.. :laugh: Still looks good though..

MileHigh
03-18-2009, 01:31 AM
Not mine.. :cool2:

Bladescape, I was goin back through, you need some tires, they look like donuts.. :laugh: Still looks good though..

Still got the winter tread on.

Can't beat cooper m+s in the snow.

They will stay on the truck untill late april...then all-terrains will get put on.

MileHigh
03-21-2009, 11:42 PM
Did a little sod job today.

tls22
03-25-2009, 04:04 PM
snow coming 8-15 have fun :usflag:

2brothersyardcare
03-25-2009, 04:28 PM
snow were????????

tls22
03-25-2009, 05:27 PM
denver:drinkup:

MileHigh
03-28-2009, 04:35 PM
some plowing pics for ya'll...and TIM :drinkup:

We got somewhere around a foot or so...so spots way more.

had a freaking blast, but I'm still tired.

MileHigh
03-28-2009, 04:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BDwkCQVnrA

billslawn89
03-29-2009, 12:06 AM
WOW! from laying sod on the 21st, and plowing a foot of snow 5 days later! gotta love this biz! nice pics! i sure don't miss that snow! many, many hours behind the wheel doing that up in ohio!

MileHigh
03-29-2009, 10:09 AM
WOW! from laying sod on the 21st, and plowing a foot of snow 5 days later! gotta love this biz! nice pics! i sure don't miss that snow! many, many hours behind the wheel doing that up in ohio!

yup...tell me about it.

Thing about me though is that I really enjoy plowing.

billslawn89
03-29-2009, 10:46 AM
yup...tell me about it.

Thing about me though is that I really enjoy plowing.

ya..when i first started plowing 14,15,16 some years ago, i enjoyed it too! out at night pushing the snow, nobody around...just like another world..peaceful, jamming to the tunes..just got old for me after awhile. ya! good money though! keep up the good work! nice setup! i always thought it was kinda cool in the spring time, driving around with the plow hooked up and towing the lawn equipment around! LOL :drinkup:

DRBLawnBuster
03-29-2009, 10:55 AM
I love when you get a huge blast of snow during spring usually right after you put your plow away.

MileHigh
03-29-2009, 11:03 AM
I love when you get a huge blast of snow during spring usually right after you put your plow away.

That's the worst part..getting the trucks all prepped.

I was up @ 6am on Wed, to bust out power raking, and aeration. I was at the dump @ 6pm, then spent literally to 2am thursday getting the trucks, shovelers, and second driver ready. Slept for 4 hours, then pounded the pavement from thursday @ 8am till Friday @ 11am. Pretty Brutal if you ask me.:dizzy:

Kennedy Landscaping
03-29-2009, 11:21 AM
Looks like fun. I got to move some snow too yesterday

Cuttinitclose
03-29-2009, 11:57 AM

That's what happened to me today. Oh well it will be gone tomorrow.

MileHigh
05-10-2009, 12:51 AM
Just got a ZTR :cool2: Would rather have gotten a Stander, but what the hell....chips fall where they fall.

06 eXmark Lazer, 27hp Kohler, 1050 hours, 60" Triton Deck.

When demoing it...It was very very sensitive. I guess it's something I have to get used to...I thought my tthp was sensitive...ya right...Striped like a madman though.

I ve got way to much equipment now....I run all 06 and newer eXmark 60", 48", 36", 32", and two 21s" and I'm freaking 80% solo...talk about overboard.

But hey...I can pretty much mow anything with my setup.

Coastal Lawn Maintenance
05-10-2009, 12:59 AM
looking good. how much did the ztr set you back. where in texas was your trailer made

MileHigh
05-10-2009, 01:05 AM
looking good. how much did the ztr set you back. where in texas was your trailer made

4k.

Mt Pleasant TX @ traylorcotrailers.com

How did you know?

STIHL GUY
05-10-2009, 01:57 AM
that is a sweet looking truck

MileHigh
05-10-2009, 02:31 AM
that is a sweet looking truck

thanks. :usflag:

slamjamrockinman
05-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Nice machine there! Are you going to get a collection system for it?

tls22
05-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Great looking rider....How is everything? The plow pictures are awsome. Thanks For them. It has been crazy here with rain and high grass.....i quit

mowerdude777
05-10-2009, 05:53 PM
Very nice lazer z will you make a you tube video of it

MileHigh
05-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Nice machine there! Are you going to get a collection system for it?

yes...I will get a collection system before the fall....Discharge everything untill then.

Great looking rider....How is everything? The plow pictures are awsome. Thanks For them. It has been crazy here with rain and high grass.....i quit

Thanks.

Things are pretty good...been busy with rock, mulch and irrigation. I need a little more mowing accounts. I'd rather mow than landscape.

Hey man, look at it this way. Rain is better than no rain...but rain makes work much harder, but it makes our services much more needed.

Good luck boss.

lawn crafters
05-10-2009, 09:26 PM
so now that yoiu ahve to new mower what do you keep on the trailer

MileHigh
05-10-2009, 09:45 PM
so now that yoiu ahve to new mower what do you keep on the trailer

different setups for different days.

some days will be the 60 and the 48.

other days will be the 48 36 32 21

I need a 20 ft trailer to stick all my chit on at once...no that's how I like to roll.

lawn crafters
05-10-2009, 09:57 PM
throw some pics up of some stripes

nnj18
05-10-2009, 10:02 PM
why do you have a 36" and 32"?? seems like a complete waste....and get an updated pic of the fleet haha

MileHigh
05-10-2009, 10:03 PM
throw some pics up of some stripes

I would if I had any.

I will try to take some this week.

Mowing grass for me is not like plowing snow.

When plowing I take my sweet time...

When mowing, I'm in the biggest rush ever...and usually pissed off.

nnj18
05-10-2009, 10:04 PM
When mowing, I'm in the biggest rush ever...and usually pissed off.

hahahaha you sound like me lol

MileHigh
05-10-2009, 10:05 PM
why do you have a 36" and 32"?? seems like a complete waste....and get an updated pic of the fleet haha

I have a few good properties where the rear gate is 35 or 34 inches.

Therefore why mow the grass with a PITA 21"?

That's why I love 32's and 28's.

They outperform the hell outta of 21's, and leave a nicer cut faster.

Complete waste?...Far from it.

I will eventually weed out anything needing a 21 because of customer request....21 SUCK...period. waste of time, money, and you look like a poser.

MileHigh
05-10-2009, 10:08 PM
I'm not cutting tomorrow cause I've worked 14 days straight and need a day for maintenance, as i don't do daily maintenance :hammerhead:

I will get some good pics tommorrow for yall.

MileHigh
05-11-2009, 06:25 PM
and get an updated pic of the fleet haha

here are some pics of the mowing gear...the 21" toro is not mine...

last pic is a pic of my front lawn after my tthp got through with it...grass was getting a little long.

the sod was just laid a couple of months ago and turned out good..the install pics are earlier in this thread.

DRBLawnBuster
05-11-2009, 06:38 PM
you have way to many mowers lol sell the 36" or 32" there is no need for both really

MileHigh
05-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Why would I sell it?

I have properties I use the 32" that I can't use the 36" and would rather slit my throat than use a 21' mower on.

34" gates are a pita....therefore the reason why I bought the Metro.

Another reason I want both is that the 36 hydro is a much better mower than the 32 belt....I think I will always have a 32 and a 36 in my arsenal.

The 21's are the mowers I don't want to use.

T.Brandon
05-11-2009, 07:12 PM
That's alot of red;)

nnj18
05-11-2009, 07:56 PM
haha yeah nice fleet I could run two crews off of that setup....so ditch all your 32" gates....most gates here are 48"...you must have some ******ed fence guys out by you..

SNAPPER MAN
05-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Alot of gates here are 34" also and a 32 is the only thing that will fit. Everything looks great man. You honestly could run two or three crews off that setup.

deere615
05-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Nice machines

lgyardservices
05-11-2009, 11:47 PM
i would sell the 36"

stroker51
05-12-2009, 12:53 AM
Lookin good. There are times I think fence builders just hate us lawn guys. I got my 36 for gates, but still have one gate that it won't fit into. Once I got a 44" walk behind it fit into a lot of gates my old 48 wouldn't fit so the 44 is a huge improvement from the 36. You and I have a similar arsenal for our mainly solo ops, lol. If I find a good deal I might need, I buy it, lol.

MileHigh
05-18-2009, 11:52 PM
That's alot of red;)

I like it.

haha yeah nice fleet I could run two crews off of that setup....so ditch all your 32" gates....most gates here are 48"...you must have some ******ed fence guys out by you..

Two crews : yes
******ed Fence guys : yes

Alot of gates here are 34" also and a 32 is the only thing that will fit. Everything looks great man. You honestly could run two or three crews off that setup.

Word.

Nice machines

Thank you.

i would sell the 36"

I wouldn't

Lookin good. There are times I think fence builders just hate us lawn guys. I got my 36 for gates, but still have one gate that it won't fit into. Once I got a 44" walk behind it fit into a lot of gates my old 48 wouldn't fit so the 44 is a huge improvement from the 36. You and I have a similar arsenal for our mainly solo ops, lol. If I find a good deal I might need, I buy it, lol.

Thanks, and I know....pretty similar.
Next year I will start targeting larger properties and more commercial.

Here is a pic of my new helper busting out a yard.

And also a couple of pics of how my 60, 48, and 36 have to fit on my14ft trailer... I can fit only the 48 and the 32 side by side facing forwards, the trailer is too narrow to fit the 48 and 36 side by side facing forward. The ztr is parked crooked like that because if it's straight forward, the foot pedal assist for height adjustments gets clobbered by the low storage box...I now know what my next trailer needs to be like.

S man
05-19-2009, 12:23 AM
Awsome setup bladescape! I love the trailer and want to get one just like it. The f250 is also very sharp. All the best this year!

Scag413
05-19-2009, 01:01 AM
Everything looks good man....very nice set-up!

T.Brandon
05-19-2009, 01:09 AM
All the red isnt a bad thing! Great setup!

stang2244
05-19-2009, 01:12 AM
Nice setup! Where at do you do most you work in Denver? I do a lot of maintenance around Thornton/Broomfield/Boulder. I don't see many people on here out of Colorado.

MileHigh
05-19-2009, 01:15 AM
Nice setup! Where at do you do most you work in Denver? I do a lot of maintenance around Thornton/Broomfield/Boulder. I don't see many people on here out of Colorado.

Thanks guys.

I am pretty far spread.

Thornton, Broomfield, Erie, Louisville, Arvada, Westminster, Denver, Reunion, Englewood, Brighton, and Centennial.

lawn crafters
05-19-2009, 10:57 PM
where did you find your helper ;)

nnj18
05-19-2009, 11:07 PM
time for a new trailer? maybe a 20' black enclosed?? :D

TXNSLighting
05-19-2009, 11:42 PM
Love the setup! Dont listen to these yahoos! Youve got it perfect! Love the red! We have a Exmark 60" just like yours and love it. Just picked up a 48" Exmark z and its got the best cut.

Good luck this year!

SNAPPER MAN
05-20-2009, 12:01 AM
Just get a 20' version of your trailer. Much more versatile.

MileHigh
05-25-2009, 04:29 PM
where did you find your helper ;)

The old hag has been with me for years...lmao.

time for a new trailer? maybe a 20' black enclosed?? :D

you got that right.

20' black enclosed would be tits....but I'm an open trailer kind of guy.

18'-20' open tandem, 3ft sides, xtreme racks everywhere, bulldog coupler, 5k axles, painted yellow or orange, WILL be my next trailer.

Love the setup! Dont listen to these yahoos! Youve got it perfect! Love the red! We have a Exmark 60" just like yours and love it. Just picked up a 48" Exmark z and its got the best cut.

Good luck this year!

Thanks Boss :drinkup:

Just get a 20' version of your trailer. Much more versatile.

Pretty much.

MileHigh
05-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Look at the pile my TTHP puked up this morning while scraping it.

All my other mowers didn't have barely anything under the decks.

The second pic is a chain kit I made and threw on my tthp and lazer for shitz and giggles....I'll see how long it last.

MileHigh
05-28-2009, 08:15 PM
Here are some stripes from a couple of different Hoa's and one commercial account I maintain.

The first few pics are layed with a 06 eXmark Lazer 60" Triton Deck 27hp Kohler.

SNAPPER MAN
05-28-2009, 08:17 PM
That looks great! Please tell me you have one or two workers because that would be hell to do solo.

MileHigh
05-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Some layed from the tthp.

Keep in mind it was extremely wet as usual at this account.

Have to do it first thing in the morning too or my route would be all jacked.

MileHigh
05-28-2009, 08:24 PM
That looks great! Please tell me you have one or two workers because that would be hell to do solo.

Thanks.

That would suck horribly :cry:

Thursdays is a 4-5 man crew including myself.

Scag413
05-28-2009, 08:42 PM
very nice stripes man...i love the exmarks too

SNAPPER MAN
05-28-2009, 10:24 PM
4 man crews are great for commercial properties and residentials. They are way more efficient than a three man. In my opinion 2 man or 4 man is the only way to go. Looks great!

MileHigh
05-29-2009, 12:12 AM
very nice stripes man...i love the exmarks too

:drinkup::drinkup:

4 man crews are great for commercial properties and residentials. They are way more efficient than a three man. In my opinion 2 man or 4 man is the only way to go. Looks great!

I think your right.

Thanks.

MileHigh
05-30-2009, 01:17 AM
I resi I like doing.....and a dirty cleanup where the client wanted the bare minimum. I charge hourly for cleanups with an estimated time.

MileHigh
05-30-2009, 01:20 AM
Place was nasty when I came...and still pretty nasty...lol.

Scag413
05-30-2009, 12:19 PM
that residential looks good...you still made the best of that clean-up for only doing what the customer wanted

MileHigh
05-30-2009, 01:15 PM
that residential looks good...you still made the best of that clean-up for only doing what the customer wanted

thanks.

Cheapo Customers are all over the place. :laugh:

MileHigh
06-05-2009, 09:02 PM
overcast most of the days.

lawn crafters
06-05-2009, 11:46 PM
you def needed that 60inch

ryansbob
06-05-2009, 11:56 PM
How do you like those chains for the home made striping kit? How much would you charge to make one up for a 60" lazer z and ship to pa 18974? I used to use the exmark stainless steel roller but didn't like it as you had to adjust the height for every yard and I was afraid that I was going to ruin someones concrete sidewalk, plus I had to use locktight to keep the set screws from coming loose.

bighaydenslawn
06-06-2009, 12:13 AM
Just wondering which of your mowers was used in the pic of the resi you said you like doing a few posts up?

Cleanup looks real nice.

purpleranger519
06-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Very nice work BladeScape! Love the Pics!

mowerdude777
06-06-2009, 08:28 PM
thanks.

Cheapo Customers are all over the place. :laugh:

yeah I agree one person wanted a hourly rate of 6.25 from me for a clean up, for some reason I agreed to it, at the end i filled up 10 bags of leaves. She paid me 7 dollars:hammerhead:

deere615
06-06-2009, 09:18 PM
overcast most of the days.

sounds like pittsburgh weather!

MileHigh
06-07-2009, 04:02 PM
you def needed that 60inch

I'm so glad I have one in my arsenal....HUGE time saver.

How do you like those chains for the home made striping kit? How much would you charge to make one up for a 60" lazer z and ship to pa 18974? I used to use the exmark stainless steel roller but didn't like it as you had to adjust the height for every yard and I was afraid that I was going to ruin someones concrete sidewalk, plus I had to use locktight to keep the set screws from coming loose.

There alright...nothing special. They did improve the stripes for sure though.

I wanted something with no adjustments needed. You can hop curbs and all with no damage.

It was real easy to fab.

Just wondering which of your mowers was used in the pic of the resi you said you like doing a few posts up?

Cleanup looks real nice.

Thanks man.

17/48 exmark tthp.

Very nice work BladeScape! Love the Pics!

What's up my friend :drinkup:

yeah I agree one person wanted a hourly rate of 6.25 from me for a clean up, for some reason I agreed to it, at the end i filled up 10 bags of leaves. She paid me 7 dollars:hammerhead:

that's funny right there:laugh:

What were you thinking? :dizzy:

sounds like pittsburgh weather!

Yup,

great to work in..sux to look at.

MileHigh
06-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Went to the Zoo in Co.Springs this weekend with my kids...Forgot how beautiful that city is. Here are some pics of the animals.

The gorilla is flipping me off.

And the last pic is off my new lawn maintenance rig I bought down there.

DRBLawnBuster
06-07-2009, 05:42 PM
haha defintly a weekend warrior there

MileHigh
06-07-2009, 05:44 PM
haha defintly a weekend warrior there

would have to agree LOL

I know some guys might get offended by these types of pics...

but I just love em...and think there great and add some humor to this site.

J&R Landscaping
06-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Nice set-up and pictures!

nnj18
06-08-2009, 05:34 PM
would have to agree LOL

I know some guys might get offended by these types of pics...

but I just love em...and think there great and add some humor to this site.

hahaha F*** the guys who get offended. :laugh:

That stuff makes me laugh every day when I see it. Or like when I see a 50yr old guy with one beat up mower working solo hahaha
Posted via Mobile Device

MileHigh
06-08-2009, 10:23 PM
hahaha F*** the guys who get offended. :laugh:

That stuff makes me laugh every day when I see it. Or like when I see a 50yr old guy with one beat up mower working solo hahaha
Posted via Mobile Device

The worst is when I see a 21" mower lines on a large flat area of grass on commercial accounts :dizzy:

Drive's me up the wall.

mowerdude777
06-08-2009, 10:45 PM
The worst is when I see a 21" mower lines on a large flat area of grass on commercial accounts :dizzy:

Drive's me up the wall.

I have seen 3 low ballers doing this recently, one was at a medical clinic he was using all craftsman equipment, another drove by my house today he had a snapper commrical wb being towed by his Honda accord, and the last one I can think of was on Saturday. It was a man and women mowing a daycare the man was using a troy bilt 33 inch wb and the women was using a home lite string trimmer, their vichale was a Toyota prius, I would be willing to bet that they were a husband and wife team though. But what really pisses me off is when i see a flier saying Lawn Care and Plumbing

MileHigh
06-09-2009, 08:05 PM
packed out 14 footer.

nnj18
06-09-2009, 10:33 PM

Drive's me up the wall.

I've seen a few commercials being mowed by home depot tractors and the guys def didnt have insurance....I guess commercials mostly just care about cost haha

I think you need a nice black 8x18 enclosed :D

MileHigh
06-09-2009, 11:36 PM
I've seen a few commercials being mowed by home depot tractors and the guys def didnt have insurance....I guess commercials mostly just care about cost haha

I think you need a nice black 8x18 enclosed :D

I just got a picture of that in my head and it was a good picture.

A black enclosed at those dimensions would be tits.

mowerdude777
06-11-2009, 11:12 PM
What were you thinking? :dizzy:

I was not thinking

MileHigh
06-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Nice house here...grass is not to good.

The one wheel sulky has got to go.

mowerdude777
06-12-2009, 11:41 PM
Nice house here...grass is not to good.

The one wheel sulky has got to go.

looks great

lawn crafters
06-12-2009, 11:53 PM
looks like it was cut by a walker

DRBLawnBuster
06-13-2009, 09:46 AM
thats what i was going to say looks like it was cut with a walker

purpleranger519
06-17-2009, 05:00 AM
Does look like a Walker cut.... What's up Blade....you been keeping your Walker in the closet or what?

MileHigh
06-17-2009, 05:42 PM
Does look like a Walker cut.... What's up Blade....you been keeping your Walker in the closet or what?

I wish I had a Walker in the closet...lol.

It was cut with a 48"tthp pulling a one wheel standon.

Same mower here in pics...only with foot marks instead of the sulky marks.

But hey...If everybody thinks it looks like a Walker when I use the one wheel....maybe I'll just start using it all the time...it kinda bothers me a bit.

Scag413
06-17-2009, 06:57 PM
looks very nice....personally i dont like the look that the walker leaves with the tire marks in the middle...for some reason that bugs the crap out of me...but to each his own. I still think they are very nice machines

mowerdude777
06-17-2009, 11:55 PM
looks even better in the second pic

MileHigh
06-18-2009, 08:27 AM
Thanks everyone :drinkup:

Baseballer1100
06-18-2009, 06:26 PM

Drive's me up the wall.

A business accross the street from a place I cut does this. Except they have plenty of ztrs w/bs. I think the owner just wants to have it cut with a 21" it amazes me everytime i see them cut it. However, Its one of the nicest yards i have ever seen. Wheter that be a homeowner or commerical account.

06-18-2009, 08:58 PM
I have heard of some banks that will only let you cut it with a 21.

MileHigh
06-19-2009, 06:35 PM
some more pics...the first two are of the same account as earlier in my pics a week later.

tls22
06-19-2009, 06:37 PM
Great work blade....the lawns look sharp and the stripes are nice. I kno you may not like the one wheel sulky....yet those stripes make ur lawns stand out.....i like it. :drinkup:

MileHigh
06-19-2009, 06:37 PM
the last two are from the 32"

MileHigh
06-19-2009, 06:41 PM
some more.

MileHigh
06-19-2009, 06:44 PM
pic of the rig...helper is doing who knows what.

mowerdude777
06-19-2009, 06:46 PM
My helpers are weird like that too. The stripes look great, keep up the great work blade

MileHigh
06-21-2009, 10:48 PM
Great work blade....the lawns look sharp and the stripes are nice. I kno you may not like the one wheel sulky....yet those stripes make ur lawns stand out.....i like it. :drinkup:

Thanks Tim, never thought of it like that...I still want to get a proslide or a two wheel.

My helpers are weird like that too. The stripes look great, keep up the great work blade

I've had only 2 good helpers in my business...One was a good friend that owned his own deck company that was real slow, and the other was a 40 year old (nothing wrong with that) Meth addict...that guy was just as good as me.

mowerdude777
06-21-2009, 10:53 PM
I've had only 2 good helpers in my business...One was a good friend that owned his own deck company that was real slow, and the other was a 40 year old (nothing wrong with that) Meth addict...that guy was just as good as me.

I have a new guy starting tomrow, but I know him well and know that he will do a good job, and my other helper aka "bobcatguy96" is as good as it gets for a helper

davis45
06-25-2009, 12:54 AM
awesome setup. I like it.

orlawncaresvc
06-25-2009, 02:59 AM
i really like your trailer. what size is that?

MileHigh
06-25-2009, 08:19 AM
awesome setup. I like it.

i really like your trailer. what size is that?

6'9" x 14ft.

About 1 foot too narrow, and 6 foot to small :waving:

MileHigh
06-25-2009, 10:15 PM
some stripes I laid today.

MileHigh
06-25-2009, 10:17 PM
What do you guys think of my buddies new vinyl?

lawn crafters
06-25-2009, 11:31 PM
some stripes I laid today.

there is a lot of grass in the bed of the first pic. i hope you blew that out

MileHigh
06-25-2009, 11:47 PM
there is a lot of grass in the bed of the first pic. i hope you blew that out

yea...my workers better have hit that.

Junior M
06-26-2009, 12:44 AM
Wow, that truck looks awesome!

mowerdude777
06-26-2009, 11:56 AM
Lawns and truck look great

stroker51
06-26-2009, 09:18 PM
You're buddies truck is bad a$$!!! I saw a few posts back you had said something about wanting a pro-slide, just thought I put in my .02, and I love the one we have, just got to make sure to keep the springs well lubed and they will last forever.

MileHigh
06-27-2009, 04:25 PM
Wow, that truck looks awesome!

Im envious of it.

Lawns and truck look great

Thanks bro.

You're buddies truck is bad a$$!!! I saw a few posts back you had said something about wanting a pro-slide, just thought I put in my .02, and I love the one we have, just got to make sure to keep the springs well lubed and they will last forever.

Hey do you ride that proslide on pavement or concrete?..and if you do how bad does it wear it out?

Tom'sLandscapeDesign
06-28-2009, 12:24 PM

Drive's me up the wall.

My WB went down the other day and I mowed 2 .75acre Resis and a large Comm with 2 Honda 22s. Made me hugely regret selling my Scag 52 and Lesco 48 and buying a single Ferris 48.

How do you get your mowers facing sideways on the trailer? I could never do that..that was the reason I had to sell my 2 WBs.

stroker51
06-29-2009, 12:37 AM
I try not to ride it on pavement or gravel, that will wear out the plastic slider part real fast. I will turn it around on driveways or whatever, but have avoided making a habit out of riding it on hard surfaces.

purpleranger519
06-29-2009, 02:02 AM
I try not to ride it on pavement or gravel, that will wear out the plastic slider part real fast. I will turn it around on driveways or whatever, but have avoided making a habit out of riding it on hard surfaces.

Where are you at in NE Kansas? I am in NE Kansas too.

teamgreendude
06-29-2009, 09:40 AM
Where are you at in NE Kansas? I am in NE Kansas too.

I'm in the overland park area.

MileHigh
06-29-2009, 01:05 PM
My buddy just got his other PSD done, and a trailer sign...Thought I would share.

Turf Commando
06-29-2009, 01:10 PM
Honestly, I don't like the design...

mowerdude777
06-29-2009, 03:07 PM
Love it, looks amazing

Exmarks.The.Spot
06-29-2009, 06:15 PM
Would you like to share how you made those chain stripers? How long did it take you to make them and how much did they cost? Do you have the plans?

MileHigh
06-29-2009, 07:11 PM
My WB went down the other day and I mowed 2 .75acre Resis and a large Comm with 2 Honda 22s. Made me hugely regret selling my Scag 52 and Lesco 48 and buying a single Ferris 48.

OUCH!!!

How do you get your mowers facing sideways on the trailer? I could never do that..that was the reason I had to sell my 2 WBs.

To get them on there sideways I have to spin the tires or skid them1 as soon as the caster wheel hits the side of the trailer to turn the mower...having walls helps.

Would you like to share how you made those chain stripers? How long did it take you to make them and how much did they cost? Do you have the plans?

Well Home Depot took about an hour to cut all the chain to 6 links...and it took about ten minutes if that to install.

All I got was 2 Eye Bolts, One 32" threaded bolt, nuts, washers, and chain.
It's a very simple setup hooked up to the existing holes in the frame. I can hop curbs, and it doesn't effect the setup. I could use some more chain on it though.

I will get some more detailed pics for you as soon as I get a chance.

Honestly, I don't like the design...

I guess everyone is entitled to there own opinion.

Exmarks.The.Spot
07-01-2009, 01:09 AM
To get them on there sideways I have to spin the tires or skid them1 as soon as the caster wheel hits the side of the trailer to turn the mower...having walls helps.

Well Home Depot took about an hour to cut all the chain to 6 links...and it took about ten minutes if that to install.

All I got was 2 Eye Bolts, One 32" threaded bolt, nuts, washers, and chain.
It's a very simple setup hooked up to the existing holes in the frame. I can hop curbs, and it doesn't effect the setup. I could use some more chain on it though.

I will get some more detailed pics for you as soon as I get a chance.

I guess everyone is entitled to there own opinion.

post up some pics of the chain and how you attached it.

lawnpro2210
07-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Looks Great!

MileHigh
07-02-2009, 09:14 PM
post up some pics of the chain and how you attached it.

Maybe this will help you out some more...It's not the best, but It does enhance the stripes.

Looks Great!

Thanks man....Check out my buddies new trailer jack...electric is definitely the way to go..especially when your tired at the end of the day, up and down is with a button.

MileHigh
07-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Lawns are dried out a bit over this past week cause of heat.

Good thing a little bit of rain is in the forecast :cool2:

Second pic is from today...My truck was in the shop getting a new steering dampner, sway bar bushings, tire rotation, and tranny flush...I partner up with my buddy on Tue / Thurs so we stuck everything on his trailer today..and I've got to say...that rig with my eX's looks pretty sick...take a look at the pics.

Oh, and the rear on the 250 is saggin a bit cause a lift was put on the front and the rear has not gotten the airbags installed as of yet.

And I have no idea why my time and date stamp got turned off of my camera...darn children at my house probably :dizzy:

MileHigh
07-07-2009, 08:51 PM
Defenitely getting hot and dry outhere...

We had a irrigation problem and a few parts of an hoa dried up on us.

MileHigh
07-07-2009, 08:59 PM
a few from the last couple weeks.

mowerdude777
07-07-2009, 11:37 PM
stripes looks fab

stang2244
07-12-2009, 04:28 AM
Were you heading west on HWY 7 near I-25 Friday morning ~8 am? Looked like your rig.

TXNSLighting
07-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Everything looks way awesome!!

Cuttinitclose
07-12-2009, 03:47 PM
I like your buddys truck. All looks good though!

mowerbrad
07-12-2009, 04:00 PM
I've got to get some more accounts like yours. They actually let you discharge the clippings. If I dischange on several of mine, the customers would about die of a heart attack, so then I have to deal with all the clippings at the end of the day.

Your set-up is awesome BTW.

MileHigh
07-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Were you heading west on HWY 7 near I-25 Friday morning ~8 am? Looked like your rig.

Why yes I was. I have several accounts in the Anthem , Vista Ridge, and Erie Airpark communities.

If you see me again...flag me down and we'll meet :waving:

Everything looks way awesome!!

Appreciate the kind words :drinkup:

I like your buddys truck. All looks good though!

You like it.....and I love it :laugh:

I've got to get some more accounts like yours. They actually let you discharge the clippings. If I dischange on several of mine, the customers would about die of a heart attack, so then I have to deal with all the clippings at the end of the day.

Your set-up is awesome BTW.

That's nuts..

I always tell the residential clients that I...I make the call when clippings are discharged or collected. That way no bitching comes from them.

But I HAVE to make sure the lawn looks right before leaving with this method...sometimes it's just easier to bag it for me...So I make the call and no one else.

We don't bag nothing on commercials....just way to much grass.

But I will whip out the grass gobbler when cars are present and I'm striping...cause ya know, you can't stripe when cars are right there and your worried about caking there vehicle with grass coming out the discharge shute making your pass the other way...

Need a collection system for the z quickly.

freshprince94
07-12-2009, 11:45 PM
Everything looks top notch.

MileHigh
07-22-2009, 04:12 PM
Just got an LG NVY Touch and damn...this thing takes some pretty nice pics for a phone. Here are some from the phone.

mowerdude777
07-22-2009, 04:21 PM
looks awesome man

freshprince94
07-23-2009, 03:23 PM
What machine did you use on those yards? The Lazer Z or the walk behinds?

MileHigh
07-23-2009, 09:39 PM
What machine did you use on those yards? The Lazer Z or the walk behinds?

In post #166.

The first pic with the messed up stripe 2 over from the left of that front tree were the 48" tthp. Second was the 32" metro, Third was the 60" Lazer, and the last were the tthp again.

MileHigh
07-25-2009, 12:18 AM
Look at these darn leaves.

This is now the second time the drainage ditch has completely flooded over leaving the entire communities crap over the grass.

The whole place was trashed.

If definitely felt like fall most of the day today.

greenstar lawn
07-25-2009, 12:56 AM
man aint that a *****. Love to see exmark stripes especially with a tthp. Nice work my friend

2brothersyardcare
07-25-2009, 09:42 AM
hope you bided that clean up

MileHigh
08-06-2009, 10:45 PM
a few more from the phone...

Junior M
08-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Ha! those are the same wheels and tires I've got on my Rancher..

nnj18
08-06-2009, 10:51 PM
buy a dump insert bro

Scag413
08-06-2009, 10:56 PM
For some reason I thought he did have a dump insert but he only had it in during the fall?...but i'm not sure. I get mixed up with people on here.

stang2244
08-07-2009, 01:07 AM
Hah I walked right by that property in the second and third pic while I was waiting to get my windshield replaced last week, off 120th right? I've been seeing you all over the place. Looks good.
Posted via Mobile Device

MileHigh
08-07-2009, 08:04 PM
buy a dump insert bro

yup yup.

And you know this man.

Hah I walked right by that property in the second and third pic while I was waiting to get my windshield replaced last week, off 120th right? I've been seeing you all over the place. Looks good.
Posted via Mobile Device

Holy moly.

It's in between Colorado blvd and Irma Dr, on 120th Ave.

MileHigh
08-07-2009, 11:36 PM
you guys like the duct tape on the air filter cover?

I have no idea how it broke..:dizzy:

Scag413
08-08-2009, 11:38 AM
:laugh: Yeah I do. It beats having to pay the rediculous amount of money for a new one!

you guys like the duct tape on the air filter cover?

I have no idea how it broke..:dizzy:

rusty_keg_3
08-10-2009, 08:42 PM
Nice set up man, we like Exmarks too, but we HATE Ford... Keep the pics commin

MileHigh
08-11-2009, 02:24 AM
we HATE Ford...

Sounds like words out of a 17 year olds mouth.

I read in another posts of yours you don't like Dodge either.

That's fine and all...I just don't wanna read about it.

I like all three, they all have there pros that clearly outweigh the cons.

Fords just look the best.

O and out here in Colorado, we plow snow and like to have Solid Front Axles...not that Independent suspension crap found on all your GM's.

rusty_keg_3
08-11-2009, 09:36 AM
Sounds like words out of a 17 year olds mouth.

I read in another posts of yours you don't like Dodge either.

That's fine and all...I just don't wanna read about it.

I like all three, they all have there pros that clearly outweigh the cons.

Fords just look the best.

O and out here in Colorado, we plow snow and like to have Solid Front Axles...not that Independent suspension crap found on all your GM's.

Yea, my family have been great friends with our local Chevy dealer... Like 60 years... My dad (yea, he is old), my brothers... And i live in the country, and every1 has a Chevy or Gmc... Off the top of my head i can think of um 3 people with fords, and like 4 with Dodge...

Honestly, stay away from dodge... They get the "Death Wobble", tranny issues, our wheel actualy came off once, and yes the lugs were tight, i cant think of what it was called, but we replaced the whold front end... They hav electrical problems, the guy who bought our red one has a fire...

Sorry, like you said, i am just a kid... and im just giving you a hard time...

Like i said, we have known a dealer for like 60 years... Actualy, my mom had Mack 1's and when they were cool and she was young she thought they were great.... Oh, and in Toledo, we have the GM Power terrain plant, and thats a lot of jobs there....

Out here in Ohio, we get snow too, and you see mostly Gm's, then dodge, and Ford...

davis45
08-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Yea, my family have been great friends with our local Chevy dealer... Like 60 years... My dad (yea, he is old), my brothers... And i live in the country, and every1 has a Chevy or Gmc... Off the top of my head i can think of um 3 people with fords, and like 4 with Dodge...

Honestly, stay away from dodge... They get the "Death Wobble", tranny issues, our wheel actualy came off once, and yes the lugs were tight, i cant think of what it was called, but we replaced the whold front end... They hav electrical problems, the guy who bought our red one has a fire...

Like i said, we have known a dealer for like 60 years... Actualy, my mom had Mack 1's and when they were cool and she was young she thought they were great.... Oh, and in Toledo, we have the GM Power terrain plant, and thats a lot of jobs there....

Out here in Ohio, we get snow too, and you see mostly Gm's, then dodge, and Ford...

Just shut up.

rusty_keg_3
08-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Just shut up.

Wow, when did you get involved in this conversation?

MileHigh
08-20-2009, 07:38 PM
Wow, when did you get involved in this conversation?

Apparently when he told you to shut up.

MileHigh
08-20-2009, 07:41 PM

rusty_keg_3
08-20-2009, 09:03 PM
Yes, but we all have the right to an opinion. I like Chevy, you like ford... I was just giving you a hard time... I do it to most people with Ford...and Dodge...

SNAPPER MAN
08-20-2009, 09:14 PM
Yes, but we all have the right to an opinion. I like Chevy, you like ford... I was just giving you a hard time... I do it to most people with Ford...and Dodge...
Why? Your pissed that they have better trucks than you. Lmao. JK but seriously.

Lawns look great bladescape, you say you run a 5 or 6 man crew for commercials? Where do the guys sit? One of the biggest companies around here runs 5 man or larger crews and they just buy extended cabs and have two guys ride in the truck and everyone else in the bed.

nnj18
08-20-2009, 09:33 PM

Lawns look great bladescape, you say you run a 5 or 6 man crew for commercials? Where do the guys sit? One of the biggest companies around here runs 5 man or larger crews and they just buy extended cabs and have two guys ride in the truck and everyone else in the bed.

Yah that will last until they get into an accident they're throw from the truck and die or worse become paralyzed for life. Goodby big local compay...
Posted via Mobile Device

bjlawnman
08-20-2009, 10:32 PM
Nice set-up! Do you do all of your own fertilization/weed control?
Apparently when he told you to shut up.

Ben's Landscape
08-20-2009, 10:54 PM
Nice set up!! Really like those stripes.

SNAPPER MAN
08-20-2009, 11:14 PM
Yah that will last until they get into an accident they're throw from the truck and die or worse become paralyzed for life. Goodby big local compay...
Posted via Mobile Device
They have been doing it for years and will not be changing anytime soon. I know the owner and he is really set in his ways and does not change things. It is legal in texas to sit in the bed if you are over 18 so there is no problem here.

MileHigh
08-20-2009, 11:20 PM

I really like GM trucks too.

And Quit it.

Thanks, appreciate it.

When it was 6...one of the guys had there own vehicle that him and his son used. Now it's down to four guys.

Posted via Mobile Device

No kidding.

Nice set-up! Do you do all of your own fertilization/weed control?

I might get bashed for this.

But yes... I do most of my own fert and weed control. I know anything with a herbicide in it requires a license to apply...license is coming.

Let it begin.

Nice set up!! Really like those stripes.

:drinkup::drinkup:

MileHigh
08-20-2009, 11:22 PM
They have been doing it for years and will not be changing anytime soon. I know the owner and he is really set in his ways and does not change things. It is legal in texas to sit in the bed if you are over 18 so there is no problem here.

Thats nuts man.

greatinmulchbeds
08-20-2009, 11:25 PM
top notch man your lawns look great, i got a similar set up with the trailer and exmarks but i went with the cummins. i'll have to get pics up and start a thread one of these days...but i agree i think fords look the best

SNAPPER MAN
08-20-2009, 11:26 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Thats nuts man.
Ya but they make more money that way because they don't have to pay for crew cabs, etc. You should see their landscape crews, they actually have crew cabs for them but they have up to 15 guys, 5 in the cab and 10 in the bed. They even have guys ride on flat beds if they have to. They don't care and neither do the guys. It's pretty common down here.

MileHigh
08-20-2009, 11:29 PM
top notch man your lawns look great, i got a similar set up with the trailer and exmarks but i went with the cummins. i'll have to get pics up and start a thread one of these days...but i agree i think fords look the best

Thanks a lot.

Cummins is the most efficient between the dmax, and the psd.

I've gotten to the point to where, I don't even care if it's a chevy, ford, gmc, or dodge as long as it has a DIESEL...I like it.

greatinmulchbeds
08-20-2009, 11:40 PM
yeah I hear ya, diesel is definitely the way to go pulling a trailer around all day, you got a chip or any mods on your truck?

MileHigh
08-20-2009, 11:48 PM
yeah I hear ya, diesel is definitely the way to go pulling a trailer around all day, you got a chip or any mods on your truck?

I was thinking about a chip...but I've heard of one too many horror stories about the 6.0 psd's and chips going wrong.

The thing is the 6.0 has got gobs of power and speed, plus the mileage isn't bad so I will refrain from a chip.

I do want intake, exhaust, and some body mods though.

ahenderson
08-20-2009, 11:59 PM
Yards looking good, Truck looking even better! I love plowing snow too! I am counting down days until I get out of the service and move outta the south to get into some more snow again! I had a western, and my dad had a Hiniker... They both did the job! I can say the Hiniker was much quiter while plowing, however I comparing a 8 yr old western to a new Hiniker at the time!
Also you had pictures of the sod job in the begining of this, with the sprinklers on, did the snow and cold affect them at all?:confused:
You said that you don't letter your truck for plowing reasons, them side boards would look bad a$$ with plexi glass or metal all lettered up!:)
Last thing Keep up the good work and if you ever got a wild hair to get an enclosed trailer, better get at least 22 or 24 ft. I have a 16 an its tight with a walker and snapper 48" and 21"s! I totally agree with the diesel, If it aint smokin, it broken!:weightlifter:
aj

MileHigh
08-21-2009, 12:09 AM
Yards looking good, Truck looking even better! I love plowing snow too! I am counting down days until I get out of the service and move outta the south to get into some more snow again! I had a western, and my dad had a Hiniker... They both did the job! I can say the Hiniker was much quiter while plowing, however I comparing a 8 yr old western to a new Hiniker at the time!
Also you had pictures of the sod job in the begining of this, with the sprinklers on, did the snow and cold affect them at all?:confused:
You said that you don't letter your truck for plowing reasons, them side boards would look bad a$$ with plexi glass or metal all lettered up!:)
Last thing Keep up the good work and if you ever got a wild hair to get an enclosed trailer, better get at least 22 or 24 ft. I have a 16 an its tight with a walker and snapper 48" and 21"s! I totally agree with the diesel, If it aint smokin, it broken!:weightlifter:
aj

Yup.

I can't wait for the snow. It's in my blood.

I like the Hiniker...I really like snoways, and boss plows. Most all my buddies have westerns...newer ones are built like tanks.

Signs are probably what I'm gonna have to do for the boards..I take the sideboards off when It snows.

All the big boys down here rock the 22+ enclosed trailers, and there really starting to grow on me.

ahenderson
08-21-2009, 12:27 AM
Yeah, when I was 16 I had a open trailer and needless to say, my trimmer trap blower racks were not as sucure as I thought they were, and one morning at breakfast I gave away 2 really new echo blowers! And I must say since I bought my enclosed in 05' I have never worried about anything in there!, except the guy that helped me! The walls are really thin, and he forgot the parking brake on the walker and the tail put a nice hole on the inside of the trailer, But I cleaned it nicely with diamond plate 2' high all the way around inside!
have a good one!
aj:cool2:

freshprince94
08-21-2009, 09:56 PM
The cut of the eXmarks looks freakin awesome on that turf...nice work and equipment Bladescape.

As far as the truck bed thing, Ive seen worse here. Down here sometimes when the crews are driving around, some of the workers will sit on the ZTR while it's on the trailer. I could easily see someone falling off if the trailer doesn't have high sides, and most guys here dont strap their stuff down, so I see a big accident there.

MileHigh
08-21-2009, 11:06 PM
The cut of the eXmarks looks freakin awesome on that turf...nice work and equipment Bladescape.

As far as the truck bed thing, Ive seen worse here. Down here sometimes when the crews are driving around, some of the workers will sit on the ZTR while it's on the trailer. I could easily see someone falling off if the trailer doesn't have high sides, and most guys here dont strap their stuff down, so I see a big accident there.

Thanks.

Holy Cow. That's hilarious. I've only joked about doing that before. :laugh:

Never seen anything like that down here.

MileHigh
09-02-2009, 08:32 AM

E.L.Co
09-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Thanks a lot.

Cummins is the most efficient between the dmax, and the psd.

I've gotten to the point to where, I don't even care if it's a chevy, ford, gmc, or dodge as long as it has a DIESEL...I like it.

First off your work is of excellent quality... On to trucks:laugh: i have a 2007 chevy 2500 hd 6.0 gas, its badass except for the 8 mpg towing. when i wrecked it i rented a 2008 psd and absolutely fell in love with it. there all nice so brand loyalty isnt really based on whos better. Next truck? no doubt a turbo diesel that we can all agree on. Again nice pics

murrayslandscaping22
09-02-2009, 07:40 PM
u probbly have been asked this question before but how did u make the chain strip kit on ur walk behind this winter i want to put one on mine

lawn crafters
09-02-2009, 10:18 PM
that amazing your redmax sticker is still on the ebz8001, you must have super glued it. mine fell off in a hour

HappyGrasslawncare
09-03-2009, 09:00 PM
wow, i didnt realize Valleycrest was nationwide,
there really big down here in jacksonville with the same trucks.

Yards look great, keep up the work man!

oakwdman
09-03-2009, 11:21 PM
Ive never seen valley crest in anything other than a 450 crew cab with 24' enclosed. Saw them all the time when I was working for doug this summer!

MileHigh
09-05-2009, 11:33 AM
First off your work is of excellent quality... On to trucks:laugh: i have a 2007 chevy 2500 hd 6.0 gas, its badass except for the 8 mpg towing. when i wrecked it i rented a 2008 psd and absolutely fell in love with it. there all nice so brand loyalty isnt really based on whos better. Next truck? no doubt a turbo diesel that we can all agree on. Again nice pics

Thanks, and agreed.

u probbly have been asked this question before but how did u make the chain strip kit on ur walk behind this winter i want to put one on mine

A threaded bolt, a piece of metal I cut, bolts, nuts, chain, and a drill to cut through the mower, and the peice of metal.

it took less than 10 minutes. My mistake was my chain wasn't cut long enough.

that amazing your redmax sticker is still on the ebz8001, you must have super glued it. mine fell off in a hour

I put a crapton on generic adhesive on it. I don't think I ever see anyones with the sticker still on it. lol.

wow, i didnt realize Valleycrest was nationwide,
there really big down here in jacksonville with the same trucks.

Yards look great, keep up the work man!

ValleyCrest is the #1 largest landscape firm in all of America. trugreen is #2, and Brickman is #3.

Ive never seen valley crest in anything other than a 450 crew cab with 24' enclosed. Saw them all the time when I was working for doug this summer!

I see them in anything you could imagine....always a Ford though.

They do some sweet work around here.

purpleranger519
09-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Looking good Blade!!!!! You been keeping busy? I'm so sick of the damn grass growing here...I'm ready to start pushing some snow! How bout you?

MileHigh
09-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Looking good Blade!!!!! You been keeping busy? I'm so sick of the damn grass growing here...I'm ready to start pushing some snow! How bout you?

I could be busier...but I'm sick of the grass too. It gets like that this time of season.

First comes blowout / winterization season, along with aeration, and some cleanups..make a bit of extra cash..and wait for the good stuff...snow that is.

How's Ltg?

(incognito^^) lol

WGLandscapeMaintenance
09-05-2009, 11:30 PM
I could be busier...but I'm sick of the grass too. It gets like that this time of season.

First comes blowout / winterization season, along with aeration, and some cleanups..make a bit of extra cash..and wait for the good stuff...snow that is.

How's Ltg?

(incognito^^) lol

Love the setup, especially the exmarks and p-stroke!! If you end up getting rims/tires/lift, get towing mirrors, they look way better, and you can actually see your load behind you.

NEWGUYRI
09-07-2009, 06:53 PM
excellent work.

deerewashed
09-07-2009, 07:08 PM
once i go through college and even high school i will have a setup just like that ALL EXMARKS!!

stroker51
09-07-2009, 10:48 PM

How's Ltg?

(incognito^^) lol

We are crazy busy, but I too am getting about sick of grass....just started aerating today. I can't wait until it snows!!!!

WGLandscapeMaintenance
09-07-2009, 10:57 PM
once i go through college and even high school i will have a setup just like that ALL EXMARKS!!

Once I graduate college (I'm a freshman), my biz will be powerstrokes and exmarks, unless a hustler dealer opens up close to me. :weightlifter:

MileHigh
09-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Love the setup, especially the exmarks and p-stroke!! If you end up getting rims/tires/lift, get towing mirrors, they look way better, and you can actually see your load behind you.

Towing mirrors are on the way soon. It's too bad that I want the ones with the signals and defrost because those are like twice as expensive..

excellent work.

Thanks bro.

good plan.

We are crazy busy, but I too am getting about sick of grass....just started aerating today. I can't wait until it snows!!!!

Good to hear...

Did you add to your fleet?...I see more trucks on your sig now.

And hopefully this will be a good season.

Once I graduate college (I'm a freshman), my biz will be powerstrokes and exmarks, unless a hustler dealer opens up close to me. :weightlifter:

I see a bunch of Hustlers ztr's mowing around here...never once seen a trimstar.... Everybody and there mom has got a Wright Stander...see a lot of Walkers too.

WGLandscapeMaintenance
09-08-2009, 02:25 AM
Towing mirrors are on the way soon. It's too bad that I want the ones with the signals and defrost because those are like twice as expensive..

Thanks bro.

good plan.

Good to hear...

Did you add to your fleet?...I see more trucks on your sig now.

And hopefully this will be a good season.

I see a bunch of Hustlers ztr's mowing around here...never once seen a trimstar.... Everybody and there mom has got a Wright Stander...see a lot of Walkers too.

Not many wright standers here, I know of one LCO (the one I'll be working for next summer) that has them along with exmark for ztr's.

stroker51
09-09-2009, 01:32 AM
I dont think I've added any trucks....actually still trying to sell my old F450 and maybe my 01. We have way too many trucks for me and 1 full time guy and the small army of part timers I use for different jobs. I did add a Deere 777 72" and a 10' western stainless salter.

WGLandscapeMaintenance
09-09-2009, 02:39 AM
I dont think I've added any trucks....actually still trying to sell my old F450 and maybe my 01. We have way too many trucks for me and 1 full time guy and the small army of part timers I use for different jobs. I did add a Deere 777 72" and a 10' western stainless salter.

How many accounts do you have?

pitrack
09-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Pics are looking good.

:rolleyes:

stroker51
09-09-2009, 09:30 PM
I was just talking to one of my workers about this today, I think we are mowing around 65 properties per week, anything from little 10 minute jobs to a couple 5-6 man hour properties. We started doing irrigation maintenance this year, and I think I have close to 20 or so fert/squirt accounts. As much rain as we have gotten this year the landscaping jobs that are booked, aren't getting done as fast as they should be, but we're still goin hard, trying to get all our extra work wrapped up before leaves start to fall. Then let it snow!!!!

02DURAMAX
09-09-2009, 11:19 PM
Lawns are dried out a bit over this past week cause of heat.

Good thing a little bit of rain is in the forecast :cool2:

Second pic is from today...My truck was in the shop getting a new steering dampner, sway bar bushings, tire rotation, and tranny flush...I partner up with my buddy on Tue / Thurs so we stuck everything on his trailer today..and I've got to say...that rig with my eX's looks pretty sick...take a look at the pics.

Oh, and the rear on the 250 is saggin a bit cause a lift was put on the front and the rear has not gotten the airbags installed as of yet.

And I have no idea why my time and date stamp got turned off of my camera...darn children at my house probably :dizzy:

Did he get the airbags yet?

MileHigh
09-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Did he get the airbags yet?

Nope........

MileHigh
09-15-2009, 06:24 PM
Demoed a 09' 61" Scag TT with 29 hp liquid cooled Kawi.

It was alright.

Real heavy, especially in the rear, and not nearly as maneuverable as the 06 Exmark Lazer. After a while of using it...My arms got a bit tired as the sticks are so darn stiff.

The reverse is real slow, and the front end seems light.

It has a great cut though, and disperses clippings like mad.

And the seat is out of this world...as in awesome.

Great Machine.

MileHigh
09-15-2009, 06:26 PM
We got done so fast today it was nuts.

Junior M
09-15-2009, 07:30 PM
so you looking to get another ztr? and keep the Lazer?

MileHigh
09-15-2009, 09:11 PM
so you looking to get another ztr? and keep the Lazer?

Probably a new exmark lazer.

I'm not getting rid of the 06' for a while I hope.

Junior M
09-15-2009, 09:14 PM
Probably a new exmark lazer.

I'm not getting rid of the 06' for a while I hope.
Nice. So what equipment will you stop taking with you? Will you have to get a larger trailer?

MileHigh
09-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Nice. So what equipment will you stop taking with you? Will you have to get a larger trailer?

It all depends on how my company expands or not.

I want several experienced crews, cutting a ton of commercial grass 5 days a week.

I know the $$$numbers out here...so It's just a matter of time before I breakthrough.

larger trailer?....always.

MileHigh
09-19-2009, 11:35 AM
I'll make sure I'll get pics of the Wright Stander 61" ZK I will be demoing within the next week or so.

MileHigh
10-10-2009, 03:43 PM
some pics of some blowouts...and an inch of snow I had to clear off some parking garages this morning.

MileHigh
10-10-2009, 03:48 PM
First plow of the 09-10 season....havent even put the plow on my other truck yet.

jeffslawnservice
10-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Snow already! Hahaha no wonder the Phillies and Rockies game was canceled for tonight.

ZKSLAWN
10-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Wow i cant even think about snow yet. im sill busy with leaves.. Sweet truck tho.. needs some cab lights tho.

MileHigh
10-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Snow already! Hahaha no wonder the Phillies and Rockies game was canceled for tonight.

It was canceled, but shouldn't have been.

Where coors field is....it barely got anysnow. They canceled because of how cold it is....lame in my eyes.

Wow i cant even think about snow yet. im sill busy with leaves.. Sweet truck tho.. needs some cab lights tho.

I'll take snow anytime.

Cab lights....yes.

nnj18
10-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Cab lights....yes.

get recon smoked led

MileHigh
10-10-2009, 08:31 PM
get recon smoked led

yes sir.

jeffslawnservice
10-10-2009, 08:45 PM
[QUOTE=BladeScape;3224140]It was canceled, but shouldn't have been.

Where coors field is....it barely got anysnow. They canceled because of how cold it is....lame in my eyes.

Yea definitly lame. I was suposed to have a bunch of friends over to watch the game but they canceled it.

teamgreendude
10-11-2009, 01:14 AM
Ok bladscape can you explain how an irrigation blowout works ? like walk me through the process because once i get my truck i want to start offering it to my customers and to other people.
Thanks, James

TXNSLighting
10-11-2009, 02:32 AM
Everythings lookin good Blade!!

MileHigh
10-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Ok bladscape can you explain how an irrigation blowout works ? like walk me through the process because once i get my truck i want to start offering it to my customers and to other people.
Thanks, James

...........Do i have to? :rolleyes:

Everythings lookin good Blade!!

:usflag: :drinkup:

teamgreendude
10-11-2009, 02:13 PM
...........Do i have to? :rolleyes:

:usflag: :drinkup:

no not like the entire history book if irrrigation :laugh:, but just like how and where you hook the hose up to that's what i don't get :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:.
Thanks, James

MileHigh
10-11-2009, 02:54 PM
no not like the entire history book if irrrigation :laugh:, but just like how and where you hook the hose up to that's what i don't get :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:.
Thanks, James

Here is a common way of doing it.

You hook the air hose into the testcock on the PVB (Pressure Vacuum Breaker) or sometimes referred as the Backflow valve.

Turn the flathead screw on the testcock parallel to itself open valves, turn on air and watch mist.

Don't forget to turn off the water and to drain the petcock inside the house usually. I always get the home owner to do this.

MileHigh
10-13-2009, 09:18 PM
Thanks, James

your welcome man.

:confused:

MileHigh
10-13-2009, 09:33 PM
Haven't thrown up a pic of the ole 150 lately....

nnj18
10-13-2009, 10:46 PM
Blade any more info about the blowouts you could give??? I need to do some myself....
Posted via Mobile Device