PDA

View Full Version : Landscape Design Software

Supper Grassy
03-16-2009, 06:37 PM
I want to try some landscape design software. I dont do much landscape design work but i want to see what some of these programs are capable of does anyone have any suggestions

BkServicesLLC18
03-16-2009, 09:17 PM
I just purchased Dynascape Design. I think it is the best on the market ( for plan view) for the price. It isnt cheap so make sure you research before you buy it

Supper Grassy
03-16-2009, 09:18 PM
what did it run ya?

BkServicesLLC18
03-16-2009, 10:10 PM
We bought it at NewEngland Grows EXpo so it we got the Design + Design Color for 2800 i beleive. Ill tell ya though I took Design coarses at college and it is soo much easier then cad

LB1234
03-16-2009, 10:35 PM
I highly recommend ProLandscape. Very easy program to work with that has 3D rendering, CAD, and a very good image editor. Haven't used any other so I can't compare. I will say that I'm not overly impressed with adding hardscaping to the image editor but for plants its really good.

Dreams To Designs
03-17-2009, 09:44 AM
SG, any software you purchase or try, will only be as good as the information you put into it. If installations are your thing and your good at it, stick to it. Design and design software will be an additional, time consuming service, that needs to be performed regularly to justify the time and expense. If you need a little help getting a client to understand an idea, 3D imaging is a great presentation tool, but it is a simple service that you can contract out. Most images can take an hour or two, so the cost is a designers hourly rate. Very cheap when you consider how much an image can help you sell and increase the quality and value of your jobs, because you client now has a better understanding of your vision. If you need plans you have already devised in your head or sketches, a draftsperson is all you need. Most design firms can offer you that service as well for a reasonable rate. If you need designs, and that is not what you do best, work with a designer that has the knowledge and ability to take your projects to that next level.

Software purchase along with a printer, paper and the time it takes to learn it and use it, can be counter productive to your business. If you are well versed in design and would like to try a digital design pencil and a presentation tool, Pro Landscape is an ideal tool. If great plans, that are easily shared, without 3D imaging is more to your liking, Dynascape is a more expensive option. Look at Google Sketchup for a free non-photo realistic imaging tool, and any CAD program can be adapted to draw landscape plans, some easier and better than others.

Kirk

Sweet Tater
03-17-2009, 06:19 PM
I highly recommend ProLandscape. Very easy program to work with that has 3D rendering, CAD, and a very good image editor. Haven't used any other so I can't compare. I will say that I'm not overly impressed with adding hardscaping to the image editor but for plants its really good.

thats the one I use to, I love it, very easy to use and can do most anything I have needed so far