PDA

View Full Version : Cupolas Lighting

eskerlite
03-16-2009, 08:41 PM
I have a customer that has a lit cupolas right now with glass on the side to see in and it has a single 100 watt 120v incandesant frosted lamp in the center medium base. They want something similar to a lighthouse light without the green or color and without the rotating. They want a thick glass clear type fixture in the middle. Anyone have any sugg.s?
Sean C.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
03-16-2009, 10:53 PM
Sean. If you start to scour Ebay, and perhaps a local antique market or two, you will come up with either some heavy fresnel lenses from an old lighthouse or more common some heavy lensed 'marine lanterns' (like wall sconces from a large ship) that you can use.

Take two lenses and mount them back to back, like a clam. In the center I would install a 3000K 23W GE CFL so you don't have any maintenance issues. The result will look a lot like a lighthouse beacon.

I have retrofit some marine lanterns in this fashion for a boathouse project some years ago... sorry no photos.

MAGLIGHTING
03-17-2009, 11:23 PM
I have a customer that has a lit cupolas right now with glass on the side to see in and it has a single 100 watt 120v incandesant frosted lamp in the center medium base. They want something similar to a lighthouse light without the green or color and without the rotating. They want a thick glass clear type fixture in the middle. Anyone have any sugg.s?
Sean C.

Sean don't forget about that thing next week. OK?

Chris J
04-01-2009, 09:28 PM
I want to go to the "thing" next week.

Chris J
04-01-2009, 09:29 PM
ooops, didn't check the date of the post. What ever.