PDA

View Full Version : Ear Protection Radios

4 seasons lawn&land
03-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Can anyone tell me what the best ones are? I had a set of work tuned from HD and they were great but not crazy about the safety man yellow look! Has anyone had those and found another set that does better???

4.3mudder
03-16-2009, 10:46 PM
I have the same ones from lowes. I like those, the auto tuning of the radio, I just don't like the alien antenna sticking out. I had the Peltor work tunes from Stihl, they were orange, but had the dial tuning and it sucks, everytime you put it away it gets turned then you have to tune it again. You can paint that yellow to another color, creativity.

CLARK LAWN
03-16-2009, 11:20 PM
i have the same ones as 4.3 i think they work pretty good. i get about 2 years out of them.

AMP426
03-16-2009, 11:21 PM
i just use a plain old noise canceling ear muffs. then i run my mp3 up through the back of my shirt and use some of the ear bud type head phones. with the noise canceling ear muffs i don't have to turn up the volume loud and i can get the radio better than my workers head set radios.

sandman23
03-16-2009, 11:37 PM
Ipod and Shure noise cancelling earphones. I wish it had a radio but I think reception issues would get on my nerves.

DaughtryLC
03-17-2009, 04:55 AM
I use the Work Tunes from Lowes

David Haggerty
03-17-2009, 07:31 AM
My son's ordered us new headsets. he started out looking at sets that were cell phone compatible. He settled on a set that was more affordable.

There's a better selection on line. Here's a start. You'll need to find a retailer.

http://www.peltor.com/peltor.com/comm_main.cfm?platform=FM%20Stereo%20Protector

We had a couple pairs of Worktunes for years. Mine went dead, his had sound in one ear only. He'd wear them one way 'till it drove him crazy, then turn them around and listen with the other ear.
Good thing he researched and ordered new ones. I'd probably bought more cheap Worktunes.:laugh:

LwnmwrMan22
03-17-2009, 09:17 AM
Do a search for "Shure" and look for a thread started by me about a year 1/2 ago, +/-.

I did an example with Shure headphones, but now I just run a pair of $20 sony headphones and still use the same foam earplugs.