PDA

View Full Version : I would absolutely freak

DanaMac
03-16-2009, 10:43 PM
From the Denver Post

Man finds 41 snakes in buddy's crawl space (http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11927895)

Some of our on/off handles are in crawlspaces. I would curl in a little ball and cry. Someone would have had to drag me out.

FIMCO-MEISTER
03-16-2009, 10:57 PM
Key line in story:

Bull snakes, often called gopher snakes, are not poisonous and feed on field mice, large insects, lizards and other snakes, according to experts.

They grow large — up to 6 feet long — so their fright factor is their greatest risk to humans

These are an AWESOME snake. I'd love to know I have 41 bull snakes in my crawl space.

Stuttering Stan
03-16-2009, 11:07 PM
What a wuss!!! Why are you so scared of snakes? Would you rather get bit by a snake or a dog? I vote for the snake, they don't take out chunks of skin like K9's. PS- hope all is well with you and Ms. Danamac. Tell her Hi for me.

DanaMac
03-16-2009, 11:53 PM
What a wuss!!! Why are you so scared of snakes? Would you rather get bit by a snake or a dog? I vote for the snake, they don't take out chunks of skin like K9's. PS- hope all is well with you and Ms. Danamac. Tell her Hi for me.

Not sure why. It's really not snakes that scare me. More of the sudden movement and not knowing they were there to begin with. now spiders..... yes I'd be in a little ball in the corner.

hoskm01
03-17-2009, 12:25 AM
Oh, I hate snakes with a passion. Spiders, I dont like, but not bad.

weasel
03-17-2009, 12:32 AM
I would crap in my pants. Do any of you watch the new show Exterminator's. That dude is wild.

WalkGood
03-17-2009, 12:59 AM
From the Denver Post

Man finds 41 snakes in buddy's crawl space (http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11927895)

Some of our on/off handles are in crawlspaces. I would curl in a little ball and cry. Someone would have had to drag me out.

Snakes! I hate snakes! Why does it always have to be snakes!?!

http://www.clickthecity.com/img2/articles/CTC-3088-image6.jpg

mitchgo
03-17-2009, 01:31 AM
Thats effing Nuts..

Were they alive when he found them?

I was crawling around in a crawl space and my light came upon a frog.. A huge bull frog.. I thought it was fake at first but then it jumped closer to me.. I YELLED!!

mitchgo
03-17-2009, 01:32 AM
Snakes! I hate snakes! Why does it always have to be snakes!?!

No snakes on the plane!

DanaMac
03-17-2009, 01:36 AM
I've told this one before, but I'll tell again.

I had a crawlspace to do a tap out in. It was an old, musty smelling, cob web/spider web infested scary crawlspace. Took me an hour to get my nerve up to go in. I had two guys wait at the entrance to it. I wasn't going back in if I came out. I told them what to get me, and bring it in. And if I started screaming, to drag my ass out.

mitchgo
03-17-2009, 01:47 AM
lolol

ohh man
I could imagine that... nooo wayy..

For the most part. I can muster up enough or just not care when I see the black spiders with big butts or the small brown spiders...

But when I open up a valve box and see slimy cob web and eventually see this 1" 1/2 - 2" diameter ( With legs) spider... Hellllll no.. I grab the blow torch and torch their asses!

DanaMac
03-17-2009, 01:52 AM
But when I open up a valve box and see slimy cob web and eventually see this 1" 1/2 - 2" diameter ( With legs) spider... Hellllll no.. I grab the blow torch and torch their asses!

Oooohhh!!! I never thought of the torch. Good idea. I will use it for that this year.

What's weird is I have gotten used to seeing black widows in the boxes and stick my hand right in next to them, with no worries.

Fordsuvparts
03-17-2009, 01:53 AM
Damn I will have nightmares about that from now on. It will be a long season this year because of that picture. I get freaked out when I find a snake skin under a house let alone 41 of them live and kicking. I would have had a heart attack and my buddy would have to drag my dead body out along with the snakes.

DanaMac
03-17-2009, 01:57 AM
Damn I will have nightmares about that from now on. It will be a long season this year because of that picture. I get freaked out when I find a snake skin under a house let alone 41 of them live and kicking. I would have had a heart attack and my buddy would have to drag my dead body out along with the snakes.

Damn! When I posted it there was no picture to go with the story. And I just had to go and look now.

mitchgo
03-17-2009, 02:04 AM
Don't know about you guys..

But we get a ton of salamanders in valve boxes

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o311/mitchgo05/3.jpg

AI Inc
03-17-2009, 07:51 AM
I hate snakes and rats. My first instinct is to kill either one when I see em. Ill take the dog bite anyday, at least I know what to expect. That and 90% of the time I can get along just fine with any dog.

DanaMac
03-17-2009, 09:07 AM
Don't know about you guys..

But we get a ton of salamanders in valve boxes

How's about this guy

irritation
03-17-2009, 09:17 AM
How's about this guy

The valves scare me more than the salamander. :eek:

DanaMac
03-17-2009, 09:19 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Ain't that the truth

Tom Tom
03-17-2009, 10:31 AM
oh chit!

I'm wondering if there are more in that guys crawl space :laugh:

ARGOS
03-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Spiders, fine. Snakes, no way. One time I put my glove on and there was a baby snake in the glove. I let out the finest wussy lady scream you have ever heard. Cold and slimy in the glove. Freaked me out.

Still don't wear those gloves.

weasel
03-17-2009, 09:28 PM

that's funny

mitchgo
03-18-2009, 03:49 AM
that's funny

I gave a good laugh to that too..
Though my co-worker today said that the colors in nature BLACK and YELLOW together to humans are the most distinct and firstly noticeable colors then any other color out there and to must animals and bugs naturally they know to stay away from colors as this because they are poisonous..

I would Second think about putting my hand in with that black and yellow salamander

bicmudpuppy
03-18-2009, 11:06 AM
Even if it were something venomous, you would probably live through it. Servicing those flo-pros...................................