PDA

View Full Version : Spring Fever

MOWNITDOWN
03-16-2009, 11:08 PM
It got up into the upper 60's today. Sweeeeet. It is supossed to hit 73 tomorrow. It has really got me anxious to go. I have used the nice weather to change oil in the mowers. Grass is even startin to green up a little. But later in the week we are going to get cold again:cry:. Anyways, don't know about you guys, but it sure feels good to walk outside in shorts and a teeshirt and feel that warm sunshine. It reminds me that it won't be long now:clapping:

ExtExc
03-16-2009, 11:17 PM
same here, less than a week ago it was -4 at night, today it got up to just shy of 60. i cant wait.

gdguth
01-25-2010, 02:29 PM
I know this is an old thread from about a year ago, but can't wait for the warm weather to come.........:)

OSU 09
01-25-2010, 02:38 PM
I know this is an old thread from about a year ago, but can't wait for the warm weather to come.........:)

I hear ya man, I hear ya. I've been messing around in the garage just about everyday just to do something work related lol

clean_cut
01-25-2010, 04:28 PM
It's amazing weather down here in NC. We got enough rain to flood some roads or something so we got out of school today, Sweet!

ed2hess
01-25-2010, 10:42 PM
We are back mowing the weeds are growing big time with all the rain we
got in the last three months. Mowed 8 hours today and same tomorrow.

millenium_123
01-25-2010, 10:51 PM
I sure wish it was spring up here. Looks like a snowstorm is coming! GRR

MikeKle
01-25-2010, 11:10 PM
It got up to mid 50s here yesterday, but back down to the lower 30s today with blowing snow?? How can it change that much in one day? It wont be too much longer, about mid march and we will be back at it, but these last weeks of winter will drag by so slowly! With all the rain and snow we have had here, once it gets fairly warm, it will grow like a rain forest!

SangerLawn
01-25-2010, 11:24 PM

Holy crap!!! You picked a perfect day to repost this. Yesterday it was 60 degrees at my house and they are calling for accumulating snow on Friday…..who ever wrote the first post is from Indiana and so am I lol….I would have never even taken notice that this was an old post…

Yea…I sick of winter here too….ready to mow

millenium_123
01-26-2010, 11:47 AM
It got up to mid 50s here yesterday, but back down to the lower 30s today with blowing snow?? How can it change that much in one day? It wont be too much longer, about mid march and we will be back at it, but these last weeks of winter will drag by so slowly! With all the rain and snow we have had here, once it gets fairly warm, it will grow like a rain forest!

Thats nothing! I've seen the weather here go from near 80 degrees one day to the 20s with snow on the ground the next day!! This happens often around here. Gotta stay on your toes lol.

topsites
01-26-2010, 12:01 PM
Lets not forget to change our views about Global warming down in the Political section.

SangerLawn
01-26-2010, 12:48 PM
Yea…the wonderful global warming idiots….this is the coldest season on record for most of the country…I guess next year they will be using our tax money for global cooling?

It was in the 60,s 2 days ago. We had mowing equipment out and working on floors of the trailers. This morning we had 1 inch of snow and ice everywhere. Even went and salted some parking lots…this Friday they are calling for 6-10 inches of snow. Only place on earth I can run a lawn mower and a snow plow in the same week lol

topsites
01-26-2010, 01:37 PM
Yea…the wonderful global warming idiots….this is the coldest season on record for most of the country…I guess next year they will be using our tax money for global cooling?

It was in the 60,s 2 days ago. We had mowing equipment out and working on floors of the trailers. This morning we had 1 inch of snow and ice everywhere. Even went and salted some parking lots…this Friday they are calling for 6-10 inches of snow. Only place on earth I can run a lawn mower and a snow plow in the same week lol

Yeah but for your area snow is normal this time of year, matter of fact you should have accumulations
amounting to several feet at least in the drifts, but then I'm guessing temperatures in the 60's is normal to you.

Back in the old days they didn't measure snow by the inch, you know this right?
Yeah...
I'm talking when they plowed you'd have a WALL of snow on either side of the road so high that the only
way you could see past was to get out and in severe cases by standing on the roof of your car.
Feet, and I ain't talking 1 or 2 either...

DEEP S N OW!
An inch of snow and ice, gimme a break :laugh: