PDA

View Full Version : Pics of an /08 project we did.

landstyles
03-16-2009, 11:21 PM
It's always nice to work on a waterfront.

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
03-16-2009, 11:57 PM
Wow...................

Mid-Ohio Scaper
03-17-2009, 12:07 AM
That patio just isn't big enough! There's a little yard left. J/K

That is freakin beautiful!!!!
Is it Belgard mega-arbel?
How many sqft?

landstyles
03-17-2009, 12:59 AM
Thanks for the compliment....
The pavers are Mega Arbel from Permacon. Patio size is 3600sqft.
The homeowner didn't want much grass. He washes his truck on it. He said he loves it.

Mid-Ohio Scaper
03-17-2009, 09:18 AM
It makes the one neighbors (that I can kinda see) look like sh*t!
I wouldn't be surprised if you get a bunch more work on that lake so the neighbors can keep up with your customer!!!!
I think Permacon and Belgard are both owned by Oldcastle, Permacon must be the Canadian side of the company.
Never the less I can't stop looking at your pictures, if you have any more I'd love to see them.
I've not gotten the chance to use the mega-Arbel yet. What do you think of it?

KrayzKajun
03-17-2009, 09:34 AM
wow! Amazing work!

landstyles
03-17-2009, 09:34 AM
I love using the product. It has a set pattern when laying. Once you figure it out....the pavers fly off the pallets. I would recommend using a course along edges when going against a wall. Much faster time on cutting.
I'll post some more pics for ya. Oh and we used a full skid of Polymeric joint sand. That was quite the time consuming job.

landstyles
03-17-2009, 10:01 AM
Here are a few more pics. It was an out of town job so I don't have any pics with shrubs planted by homeowner. I'll be going back this season to do his driveway in Mega Arbel. So then I can update my pics.

AllHardscaping
03-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Wow, very impressive. I have not seen that style of paver installed yet. looks great though!

Bru75
03-17-2009, 04:52 PM
Very nice!

shovelracer
03-17-2009, 06:24 PM
Ive been eying up those pavers for a while. They are a real nice way to get a "stone" patio look with the benefits of paver installation. Yet to use them, but am hoping soon to.

Just curious the SRW units are above the water line? Any special prep for the subgrade? I ran into a guy 2 years ago that had an engineered (below waterline) waterfront wall fail due to pressure from the ice. Not an installation error as much as an engineering one, but a mess none the less. Ive turned down 2 waterfront jobs since then.

landstyles
03-17-2009, 06:50 PM
We built the wall far enough from shorline. The armour stone was placed on the shorline about 6'deep (from water to wall). the sub base itself was higher than any recorded water level. We used geo synthetics under our base along with geogrid. Also there are some special details in our warrantee protecting us from any failure due to the the water.

Infinity Landscapes, Inc
03-17-2009, 07:14 PM
that is Kick A##

signature lawns
03-17-2009, 07:39 PM
Awesome Job!!!!

capelawncare.com
03-17-2009, 07:44 PM
Damn thats sweet.

JimmyStew
03-17-2009, 08:29 PM
Awesome work. I also love the efficient method for removing the pallets from the jobsite!

riverwalklandscaping
03-17-2009, 09:17 PM
I was gonna say I'd hate to warranty something on a waterfront like that.. I mean how can you even have much of a base, It looks like you dig more than a foot or so and your in the water lol

I was suprised when I looked at the first pic, expected a stone staircase or something then went to the next! Nice work.

Note on the owner washing his car on it... Nothing like all that nice motor oil, roadgum, and dirt/soap for helping the lakes ecosystem lol

Danscapes
03-17-2009, 09:32 PM
Those pavers are sweet, I haven't seen anything like that yet. What do they run a sq. ft. compared to "regular" pavers, materials wise?

jg244888
03-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Amazing workmanship

flairland
03-17-2009, 10:42 PM
Wow, thats incredibly large! I would have definitely broken it up a little but gotta do what the homeowner wants! Great workmanship though!:canadaflag:

landstyles
03-17-2009, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys.
Danscapes...They are a bit more expensive than lets say a Bergerac (regular paver). If you follow the set pattern when laying you fly through the pallets. So you can actually sell a more expensive paver to your customer and install it faster than the cheaper pavers. As a result you have a better looking job and better profit.
I do stress that you follow the manufacturers recommendation on laying pattern, because at first myself and my crew let our egos get in the way and tried different patterns. Wasted about an hour on one skid laying then lifting. Trust me. There is only one way to lay these pavers.

landstyles
03-17-2009, 10:55 PM
Flairland... I would think the same thing, but after these pics were taken the homeowner built a shed on it. Plus he's likes to have large parties. Lot's of room to entertain. lol.

NewHorizon's Land
03-17-2009, 11:19 PM
Job looks great. I personally dont like the Arbel(sp) pavers. Not my cup of tea.

droptine
04-03-2009, 01:40 AM
money in the bank. that is a sweet patio. some day I hope to be that good.

JDavisLandscapes
04-03-2009, 10:07 AM
Great work Landstyles.....I love the pavers. Looks like you take a lot of pride in your work, which is the way it should be!

Ottawa Hardscaper
04-03-2009, 05:45 PM
To bad everyone didn't think or act like jdavis

JDavisLandscapes
04-04-2009, 05:19 PM
To bad everyone didn't think or act like jdavis

Thank you Ottawa......I definitly don't come on here to rip people apart or tell them how stupid they are.....what the hecks the point of that? Make yourself feel better? lol....We are all in the same career paths and should help eachother and share things that work for eachother, along with pictures of our work, equipment etc. Its hard to find so many people with a passion for a blue collared job all in one place. Seems like everybody on here is out to prove how YOUNG and SUCESSFUL they are.

I see things where people say they are 15 years old with multiple skid steers and 5 tandem dump trucks!!!! wtf, do they sit around all week while he goes to history class and chemistry, then run them on the weekends? Oh, well whatever I'm not going to get involved. If I don't have somethign nice to say I just laugh out loud a little and turn my computer off...

Hey Ottawa, Hockey fan???? I'm a big Devils fan and I'm getting pumped for the play-offs, although the Devils have been playing like crap as of late.

I'm sorry for rambling on your thread..... Landstyles, but I would love to see some more of your work when you find the time....gives me some ideas for future projects