View Full Version : HOw Much doyou pay a month for Insurence and liability??

03-17-2002, 12:10 AM
I am starting my company this spring.. I want to haow much you pay on a monthly or yearly basis for you lawn company's insurence.. I also need to know about how much do lisences cost and how long do they last.:blob2: :blob2: :blob2:

03-17-2002, 12:42 AM
just got a quote for me only 300K in insurance, 10K in ins on the equip for $500 per year..

there are many other threads of recent regarding this.

I can not answer yout license question without knowing more info, licenses you are interested and state where you will operate.


Bob Minney
03-17-2002, 12:16 PM
500k liability ins. $350 year
Trade name registration $12 per year
Dept of ag. pesticide lisc. $350 per year

mr lawn
03-17-2002, 04:09 PM
Here in NY, my 500k liability runs me about $ 800 a year, and I had a hard time finding it. Also, it costs me $20 a year for the name registration. Hope this helps you.....

Mr lawn

03-17-2002, 08:03 PM
Cost of insurance will vary from state to state, and from service to service. Also how much experience you have in the field is a big player in how much you pay. If you want to only cut grass then you aren't too bad off. If you want to do excavation or tree work then start saving for just insurance now. Keep this in mind, if you are covered for lawns and you bust up a house cutting down a small tree it's your @ss, or if you rent a backhoe or something like that and destroy a septic system, same deal. Another thing to think about... if you do, do damage like that and you don't get covered seeing as how you are 16, your parents could be held liable.

03-17-2002, 08:49 PM
We Paid $1200.00 this year for $1,000,000 in liability. That does include a pollution coverage. Try www. weisburger.com. Harvestman

01-21-2004, 01:47 AM
$320 a year $1,000,000 and $ 0 deductible workers comp thats another story

01-21-2004, 02:58 AM
You cant get business insurance at the age of 17.:rolleyes:

01-21-2004, 08:35 AM
My lialbility insurance is $4442.76 per year ( which includes my inland marine coverage as well).

01-21-2004, 10:11 AM
$1300 for G/L with $2 mil and Inland marine policy.

02-09-2004, 07:27 PM
What is an Inland marine policy

Mark Lawncare
02-09-2004, 09:11 PM
If you are 17 could you get insurance under your parents name. Could you also do this for a lisence or should one just wait until they are 18. I have seen kids my age on this site with what seem to be legit LCO's and I wonder how they do it?

02-10-2004, 11:42 AM
Inland Marine is the attachment for G/L insurance that covers the equipment.

02-10-2004, 11:43 AM
until you are 18 years old your parents are liable for you. if a rock flyes out from ur mower and breaks a window your parents are liable. once you turn 18 its different, then you are liable.

now my question, i recently turned 18 and this upcoming season i want to "legalize" my business. what all do i need to do? i have no clue. how do i get insurance? how much should i get? what will i be paying per month? or do u pay ever 6 months? i have no clue.

02-10-2004, 09:23 PM
In Atlanta, first quote $1300, found 1 million lib. policy for $800 and took it.

Jim H
02-11-2004, 12:34 AM
65Hoss, does inland cover your vehicle too? I assume it covers the trailer, but I imagine the vehicle would still fall under the auto insurance???

khutch, who did you go through if you don't mind me asking?

02-11-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Jim H
65Hoss, does inland cover your vehicle too? I assume it covers the trailer, but I imagine the vehicle would still fall under the auto insurance???

khutch, who did you go through if you don't mind me asking?

Here in NJ, trucks and trailers are a separate policy from inland marine...and much more money as well.

02-11-2004, 09:04 AM
Inland Marine will cover what is called "contractors equipment"..mowers, handhelds, hand tools, etc...also will cover you if you "borrow" someones tool and it gets stolen.

The trailer is not covered by IM. Your commerical auto policy needs to list the trailer just like the vehicles. If its not listed on the dec page for comp. coll and liability, you have no coverage if it breaks loose, gets damaged, and or injures someone, or damges their property or vehicle

Suggest you call an indepedent insurance agent in your town...he/she will advise you of exaclty what coverages you need for your biz operations.

I saw what a runaway trailer can do when it breaks loose in traffic...it was not a pretty picture. (wasn't mine knock on wood)

02-11-2004, 10:42 AM
Thanks guys, I didn't come back to this thread so I didn't see the question.

They are correct, the Inland Marine doesn't cover your vehicle. Its an attachment that covers your equipment. Like GarPa said, others equipment in your control also.