PDA

View Full Version : starting out

viking05
03-17-2009, 02:08 AM
hi people just starting out in the business of landscape i been doing landcape for about 6 year, but i am new doing this by my own, hope to grow more and more so some day i can have my own company and wont have to work for another company, found this site and i see there is so much info here and best of all its free, thank you for letting me be part of your site, i hope to help and be helped when needed. thank you...:usflag:
this is my equipmentr

2003 f-150 4x4
2005 exmark viking hydro
striping kit
craftman backpack
echo weed eater
echo power edge
plus tools for mulching landscaping
looking to add more in the future

DLAWNS
03-17-2009, 10:09 AM
hi people just starting out in the business of landscape i been doing landcape for about 6 year, but i am new doing this by my own, hope to grow more and more so some day i can have my own company and wont have to work for another company, found this site and i see there is so much info here and best of all its free, thank you for letting me be part of your site, i hope to help and be helped when needed. thank you...:usflag:
this is my equipmentr

2003 f-150 4x4
2005 exmark viking hydro
striping kit
craftman backpack
echo weed eater
echo power edge
plus tools for mulching landscaping
looking to add more in the future

Welcome to Lawnsite and good luck!

2brothersyardcare
03-17-2009, 05:54 PM
nice stuff just get the shitsman out of thee nice start

viking05
03-17-2009, 07:26 PM
nice stuff just get the shitsman out of thee nice start

if its is what i think , yes i will replace that very soon for Stih, thanks for welcome me...

WeCare-LawnCare
03-17-2009, 08:02 PM
Welcome to Lawnsite and have a great season !!

Cuttin'ItCLoseLawnService
03-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Welcome! Good luck this season

mowzilla
03-18-2009, 12:37 AM
i have to admit that there are some really nice folks on here and lotttssss of good advice... i am a rookie in my own thing and really in the industry in general . i am still working days for a ' big guy' company which i hope i can leave as soon as GOD blesses me with enough accounts. i don't agree with their quality standards and how job hours matters more than quality?!!!?.. its simple guys..i read a post on here talking about how the public's faith in us is only slightly above exterior painting ( yikes!) .. if that is true.. we should all pull together to show the public that the independent guys like most all of us are the ones who care..who will deliver the quality..at a price they can afford. with times so tight, really its the level of service we can offer that will set us apart from the others. i don't mind competition, that's fine, billions of yards out there! most of us do this because we love it, certainly being its a labor of love. i try to go all out for my clients and make their lawns as beautiful as their budget and my abilities allow, and always try to do 'what it takes' to satisfy my clients..they are why i can exist!

viking05
03-18-2009, 01:09 AM
i have to admit that there are some really nice folks on here and lotttssss of good advice... i am a rookie in my own thing and really in the industry in general . i am still working days for a ' big guy' company which i hope i can leave as soon as GOD blesses me with enough accounts. i don't agree with their quality standards and how job hours matters more than quality?!!!?.. its simple guys..i read a post on here talking about how the public's faith in us is only slightly above exterior painting ( yikes!) .. if that is true.. we should all pull together to show the public that the independent guys like most all of us are the ones who care..who will deliver the quality..at a price they can afford. with times so tight, really its the level of service we can offer that will set us apart from the others. i don't mind competition, that's fine, billions of yards out there! most of us do this because we love it, certainly being its a labor of love. i try to go all out for my clients and make their lawns as beautiful as their budget and my abilities allow, and always try to do 'what it takes' to satisfy my clients..they are why i can exist!

i agree with everything you said i still work for another company who will not care how the job is done, all they care is to get there and leave , i cant take myself more than half hour in a job, and i see some people do the same size house for 45 min , 3 men crew and i have 2 men crew, but my own acc, i do the best i can do to leave a beautiful cut. i have had other jobs like painting , drywall, welder helper cashier, and many more but there is nothing i love most then mowing ........even if others see me down......:cool2: